Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
ZlM said :
don't ruin runescape for veterans twice....

BIG NO on exchange... if added.. i quit.. for good this time.

We set the voting threshold of 75% to make sure the game would stay old-school unless a very big majority agreed to changes. And the GE isn't coming unless that level of support is reached in a poll.

Considering the level of interest there's been in the GE, I think it really does warrant putting to a poll.

09-Jan-2015 19:00:47

Forklifter69
Mar Member 2024

Forklifter69

Posts: 52 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
ZlM said :

We set the voting threshold of 75% to make sure the game would stay old-school unless a very big majority agreed to changes. And the GE isn't coming unless that level of support is reached in a poll.

Considering the level of interest there's been in the GE, I think it really does warrant putting to a poll.

make a poll about asking if everyone wants a free 100m and it'll be over 75%, democracy isnt always the best

09-Jan-2015 19:02:28

Flow Theory

Flow Theory

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Ash said :
ZlM said :

what if ge haters manipulate the poll like when you polled splashing?

Sometimes you, mods, have to decide what is good for the game and not just let a stubborn part of a community ruin the potential this game has

09-Jan-2015 19:02:40

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Forklifter69 said :
make a poll about asking if everyone wants a free 100m and it'll be over 75%, democracy isnt always the best

That argument could be applied to any potential update, so I'm afraid I don't find it very persuasive as a reason not to poll this specific thing that so many people have been clamouring for us to poll.

09-Jan-2015 19:06:53

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Alec said :
Could the Grand Exchange be polled to a different location? Maybe just have mini Grand Exchanges in all banks like trading post?

Certainly could do.
See my post on p11 for why we're starting from an un-modified GE.

09-Jan-2015 19:07:56

Spel Casta

Spel Casta

Posts: 208 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hell no to the GE. I'm not gonna even begin to explain the problems it would cause.

Instead, just do the two things you list for the TP and allow buy offers. People would be able to easily see what is for sale, what they can buy, and compare prices between sellers and not deal with the awful GE interface or the problems it would bring.

Also give us Stealing Creation and quests and actual content, not stuff various websites have been able to easily solve for us already.

09-Jan-2015 19:10:26

b0gs

b0gs

Posts: 569 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So much yes for GE!

But please be careful with coinshare. I remeber a discussion about it when shard share was introduced into RS3, and that the items that were coinshared often just sat in the ge forever just introducing massive amounts of coins into the game. Something like shard share (I think shard share itself needs alot of work on it but the idea of it) is a much better idea than coin share.

Everything else is a yes! Loving it all guys keep it coming <33

09-Jan-2015 19:12:12

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top