Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Osrs G

Osrs G

Posts: 338 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voting no to the Grand Exchange, trading is already very easy and I have no problems with selling or buying items at all. The Grand Exchange only benefits merchanters, flippers and these ''no xp waste'' fanatics. I understand that there will be limits, but that won't be enough. Just look at the market of RS3 and I do not have to explain anything.

09-Jan-2015 20:12:11

PanndaBearr

PanndaBearr

Posts: 2,048 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voting no to ge on both of my accounts, I've explained in depth on many threads throughout the last couple of weeks why so I won't go into detail. If you're a regular in the OSRS general forums you've probably read my posts.

The ge takes away the value in having items when you need them. It reduces the advantage of knowing how to obtain items, the advantage of using skills/stats to obtain obscure items, and the advantage of being knowledgeable and efficient as a whole. It makes several skills; buy from ge> train skill> sell to ge, something I wouldn't want to see at all. Simply put, the ge makes the game easy and takes away advantages from those who are sufficient with the current system.

Many of the pro ge arguments are flawed as well. For one, merchanting will be easier than ever, allowing people like myself who seldomly trade the ability to make money merchanting while sleeping and playing. Also, whether or not an update is considered "old school" should have nothing to do with when it came into the game. The fact that it came out in 2007 is irrelevant. The update itself should be debated not the year it came out in.

Just my reasons, and hopefully the ge will stay out.
Stud Unit #1 Elite OSRS Pvm Clan

09-Jan-2015 20:12:26 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 20:19:41 by PanndaBearr

Crag Hacks

Crag Hacks

Posts: 627 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Grand Exchange is NOT a compromise. It already failed and it will fail again. At least if it fails**** supporters will finally shut up like Wilderness ditch removal supporters. There are plenty of threads out there why the G.E would be detrimental to the game, to the values the game stands for and the economy. G.E removes oppurtunity cost with automatic trading and reduces large item value since you can sell all your 50k of X item while not playing. It is funny how people were so against afk splashing yet afk trading is ok.

VOTE NO TO GE.

09-Jan-2015 20:14:19 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 20:19:28 by Crag Hacks

Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye

Posts: 630 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Crag Hacks said :
The Grand Exchange is NOT a compromise. It already failed and it will fail again. You should have polled something that actually had a shot of passing, like improving the trading post with buy offers, no offers with private off, and trading through the post instead of wasting time on the GE. At least if it fails**** supporters will finally shut up like Wilderness ditch removal supporters. There are plenty of threads out there why the G.E would be detrimental to the game, to the values the game stands for and the economy. G.E removes oppurtunity cost with automatic trading and reduces large item value since you can sell all your 50k of X item while not playing. It is funny how people were so against afk splashing yet afk trading is ok.

VOTE NO TO GE.

no you got that wrong more weren't agenst splashing then were if you go back to the poll it was like 60% wanted splashing to stay

09-Jan-2015 20:18:14

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top