Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Hio54
Dec Member 2017

Hio54

Posts: 286 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TokHaar said :
Hio54 said :
My only worry about it is that it leaves the door wide open to price manipulation. What's stopping the RS3 accounts with countless Billions of GP transferring their gold so they can manipulate prices?

GE limits. I mean, if you have enough money, you can effectively control supply of items whether the GE is in the game or not.

Apologies if I didn't say that, I'm not arguing that you can only manipulate with the GE, I mean that, the GE can make it happen much quicker than usual.

Also, if your only argument against the GE or your MAIN argument against it is player interaction, then. Yeah.

09-Jan-2015 20:55:42

crybaby 4eve

crybaby 4eve

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scotty Z said :
crybaby 4eve said :
Scotty Z said :
crybaby 4eve said :
xTURTLEx said :
All we need is 25% guys, let's vote no.

actually, you need 26%..

and g.e is going to pass easily

so know your place for those fg** that are voting no for g.e

You seem to be in need of being kicked down a notch. Know your place NMZ prod, my total and knowledge in both rs3 and osrs far surpass yours.

lmfao nmz prod l0l. i stopped training at nmz a year ago l0l its all about clanning now bruh.

once again, know your place fg*

I can't imagine a good clan would take someone with such a garbage account. Another one added to the pwn dumpster LOL
you do realize there are 10 pure clans in the game? they accept 1-25 (i got 29 cuz y0l0) and been doing it since forever lol

know your place fgt

09-Jan-2015 20:55:58 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 20:56:31 by crybaby 4eve

Rock Knight
Dec Member 2017

Rock Knight

Posts: 2,349 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Add online automatic trading as a fallback option? Many players who dont support a full G.E are fine with online automatic trading (AKA like G.E but offers wont buy/sell if you are offline). This is to prevent people from merching by logging in 5 minutes every day.

09-Jan-2015 20:57:12

Kempo10

Kempo10

Posts: 96 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tree Village said :
Legacy players From RS3 will Join Old school runescape since there is a way or form of automated trading. Old players who haven't heard about Old school before or did but does not want to come to play since no way or form of automated trading. Will join this game too.

This is literally the worst pro-GE argument I've ever heard...

RS3 players will not leave RS3 to join osrs all of a sudden just because the grand exchange has been brought in to osrs. Leaving all of their progress behind to start afresh in osrs, just because of the grand exchange? I'll give it 2 months before they leave back to rs3...

People who have never played runescape before DEFINITELY won't suddenly decide to play osrs because the grand exchange was introduced. Most people don't even know what a grand exchange is.

What the GE IS guaranteed to do, is decrease the number of players on osrs, as those of us who started playing osrs when it first came out, (after quitting RS3 when the grand exchange/summoning/EoC came out the first time) came here knowing that none of the stuff that ruined runescape originally will be here.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not one of the "DON'T UPDATE OSRS. OLD SCHOOL FOR OSRS" kinda people - I'm all for updates - I voted yes to both the new continent, and to artisan - two of the biggest proposed updates this game has ever had. Heck; even if they're good additions from RS3 I'm gonna vote yes for them. From experience however, the grand exchange (as well as summoning and EoC) were NOT good inclusions to the original game, and ultimately led to its depopularisation.

09-Jan-2015 20:58:03 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 21:00:51 by Kempo10

B2up

B2up

Posts: 170 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PanndaBearr said :
Voting no to ge on both of my accounts, I've explained in depth on many threads throughout the last couple of weeks why so I won't go into detail. If you're a regular in the OSRS general forums you've probably read my posts.

The ge takes away the value in having items when you need them. It reduces the advantage of knowing how to obtain items, the advantage of using skills/stats to obtain obscure items, and the advantage of being knowledgeable and efficient as a whole. It makes several skills; buy from ge> train skill> sell to ge, something I wouldn't want to see at all. Simply put, the ge makes the game easy and takes away advantages from those who are sufficient with the current system.

Many of the pro ge arguments are flawed as well. For one, merchanting will be easier than ever, allowing people like myself who seldomly trade the ability to make money merchanting while sleeping and playing. Also, whether or not an update is considered "old school" should have nothing to do with when it came into the game. The fact that it came out in 2007 is irrelevant. The update itself should be debated not the year it came out in.

Just my reasons, and hopefully the ge will stay out.

Well said.

The nostalgic sandbox feel that RS once had, will again be gone.

I remember Jagex saying at the beginning in an interview on YT (i've been looking for the video the past 3 days and cannot find it though), they wouldn't implement this.

Unfortunately, I see this passing - I'm unsubscribing already.
**** RS3 v.2 with **** graphics.

R.I.P. Runescape - We'll miss you <3

09-Jan-2015 20:58:30

Akastre
Aug Member 2021

Akastre

Posts: 37 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rock Knight said :
Add online automatic trading as a fallback option? Many players who dont support a full G.E are fine with online automatic trading (AKA like G.E but offers wont buy/sell if you are offline). This is to prevent people from merching by logging in 5 minutes every day.

Yes to automatic trading. No to ge!

09-Jan-2015 21:01:14

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top