Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Clinicwater
Dec Member 2023

Clinicwater

Posts: 954 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stop living in the past people, 2007 is long gone and this scape needs big updates to stay alive, trading is awful at the moment and i would be happy to see a G.e added into the game, it brings us lootshare and coinshare wich prevents scamming, and people won't be getting scammed while they are trading with others.

As for the trading post, I do not like it at all and the months they spent on it was a waste. Should have polled it ages ago.
#Oblv
- Oblivion PvM Staff

09-Jan-2015 20:36:03

Rx ftw

Rx ftw

Posts: 142 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
GE: No. Yes selling stuff manually sucks, but if I want to sell stuff at alch prices (which prices are already fairly close to) I'd just alch it. Rather not want the absolute min prices from GE without an item sink like 2012 all over again.

Fallback Trading Post: First option definitely yes, the 2nd is a maybe since someone spamming trade is a bit ya.

D Defender: Yes instead of large cyclops, it should be dragons (brutal reds?) which you can only fight with anti-fire (req rune def to kill), or at least semi-strong monsters so it doesn't devalue DFS by to much. Cause ya, the old large cyclops were a joke (I didn't even know they could hit).

Others: Yes to all but saplings and gloves. All that does is make it harder to buy since people will convert the seeds into saplings. And for the gloves, using 'dragon gloves' rather than 'gloves' doesn't make it any better that you're using the 2nd best gloves to slay (lol).

09-Jan-2015 20:37:50

FL0RYDA

FL0RYDA

Posts: 119 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People want G/E because they're too damn lazy, not because items are difficult to get. Runescape was extremely popular before the Grand Exchange was introduced. I'm extremely disappointed that Jagex is even considering to poll this.

After all, this is supposed to be Runescape 2007 Servers.

Hey Jagex, why don't you just implement EoC? You guys seem to know how to destroy a game, instead of improving it.

09-Jan-2015 20:38:16

Knurft

Knurft

Posts: 542 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hear me out.

The full GE is a bad idea because it allows for buy offers.

Buy offers
First of all they're unfair because they don't allow fair competition: not everyone gets equal chances at certain items. It all depends on posting a better price than your opponent, instantly resulting in making his offer redundant and worthless. Worst of all he might not even be at the GE, but probably doing something else...

Which brings up the next point, it's basically a substitute to merc* botting.
Instead of having your nose in a trading post looking for good deals, everything is automated! Yay! All you have to do is be online! Sound pretty much like those bots running rampant selling and buying everything for ridiculous prices if you ask me. Except this won't get you banned, because it's a feature.

And on top of that it won't fix price manipulation, because you can AFK-buy (though limited) people will still make clans, unite and buy out all your precious sarabrews.

Honestly the best solution to these problems is rather simple... Make the trading post like a shop. It will stay the way it is at the moment, but people are allowed to buy x IN the post. So if you were to post something for 300k, a guy with 300k and acces to the post could buy it right there and then if he wanted.

This will still allow poeple to buy out certain items, but if you are that dedicated to buying every single one of a certain item and you are spending so many, many hours in the post in order to do so; you deserve that profit. Simply because you are, indeed, putting effort in the game and that should be rewarded. Then again, the moment you log off or leave someone else comes by and post the item for whatever price and your efforts will be in vain. Manipulators lost.

A seller should have the upper hand in any case, he put effort into receiving the item he should be rewarded. Not the buyer, buy offers break the game.

I could go on but I have a nightshift, good night and thanks if you read it all!

09-Jan-2015 20:38:18

crybaby 4eve

crybaby 4eve

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Knurft said :
Hear me out.

The full GE is a bad idea because it allows for buy offers.

Buy offers
First of all they're unfair because they don't allow fair competition: not everyone gets equal chances at certain items. It all depends on posting a better price than your opponent, instantly resulting in making his offer redundant and worthless. Worst of all he might not even be at the GE, but probably doing something else...

Which brings up the next point, it's basically a substitute to merc* botting.
Instead of having your nose in a trading post looking for good deals, everything is automated! Yay! All you have to do is be online! Sound pretty much like those bots running rampant selling and buying everything for ridiculous prices if you ask me. Except this won't get you banned, because it's a feature.

And on top of that it won't fix price manipulation, because you can AFK-buy (though limited) people will still make clans, unite and buy out all your precious sarabrews.

Honestly the best solution to these problems is rather simple... Make the trading post like a shop. It will stay the way it is at the moment, but people are allowed to buy x IN the post. So if you were to post something for 300k, a guy with 300k and acces to the post could buy it right there and then if he wanted.

This will still allow poeple to buy out certain items, but if you are that dedicated to buying every single one of a certain item and you are spending so many, many hours in the post in order to do so; you deserve that profit. Simply because you are, indeed, putting effort in the game and that should be rewarded. Then again, the moment you log off or leave someone else comes by and post the item for whatever price and your efforts will be in vain. Manipulators lost.

A seller should have the upper hand in any case, he put effort into receiving the item he should be rewarded. Not the buyer, buy offers break the game*

t l;dr vote yes to g.e :)

09-Jan-2015 20:40:04 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 20:41:11 by crybaby 4eve

TokHaar

TokHaar

Posts: 1,385 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shot Kennedy said :
No! We want trading to remain a PERSONAL procedure.

"Selling SS"
"Selling SS"
"Selling SS"
"Ty"
"Thx"

"I'll buy your BCP for 50k under your listed price?"
"No sorry"
"**** you"

"Selling AGS"
"My friend in cammy will buy, here take this tab"

Yeah I'm over the whole "player interaction" thing.

09-Jan-2015 20:40:58

Another Love

Another Love

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
100% we need the ge to many times players are being scammed and losing money due to the lack of security behind it. It's difficult to sell items and buy when players are offline and as a community I believe it would benefit being able to go to bed wake up and play the next day having either bought or sold items. This brings back another exciting element the stock market looking at how an item and drop and rise due to the impact of the game and I am truly excited. I believe rs07 is going in the right direction. The game that people loved and why they are still playing this is I would rs 2010 that was the prime and if we can build towards this adding new quests and maybe Dragon claws :) ? It would be amazing. The thing we love about rs07 is the ability to train skills, like actually train a skill for weeks and achieving a 99 is a major accomplishment on rs3 I believe it takes about 1/4 of the time. This is truly exciting time in the rs07 and I believe the community will grow with this update and maybe just maybe F2P for all accounts non member it would allow the community to grow and for a player like me I would love to make my own f2p account to pk on and I would still have members on this one. If we can also improve the servers for less or none d/c it would be amazing as well. Things are really working them selves into a game that we all love. Keep up good work jagex!!

09-Jan-2015 20:43:40

Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye

Posts: 630 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TokHaar said :
I'm glad the community seems to be more open to the idea of the GE now than a year or two ago.

If this passes, all we need is that resizable client (and maybe the 2008 HD update, please) and permanent F2P, then we'll be looking at a game with room to grow, player-count-wise.

I also really really want the resizeable client that'll be my dreams come true

09-Jan-2015 20:43:44

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top