Forums

Your antithesis god?

Quick find code: 341-342-757-65846854

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's another thing about Armadyl and Bandos.

Bandos was a psychological genius, who easily defeated Armadyl in BatB in that regard. He always picked fights wherever he went, and war was all he lived for. Then he called Armadyl a hypocrite for preaching peace and justice while standing in front of him with an army. That's psychological warfare. Throwing goblins at him, succeeding in sending his message to the world no matter who won the actual fight...basically, Bandos won the psychological battle whatever happened. If Armadyl hadn't stood up to him, he'd be seen as weak. But as Armadyl stood up, Bandos then twisted things to make him look like a hypocrite. And he did this with ease.

Armadyl has shown some balls in BatB, standing up to a god who in his eyes was still tier 3; he didn't know Bandos had dropped a tier. As far as he knew, Bandos was playing a psychological game by sitting there and literally throwing those goblins at him. And as Bandos faced death, he saw that Armadyl had managed to beat him in a god war. If his soul hadn't dissipated, it would have watched as Armadyl smashed his skull with his mace, and thought "Ooh, I like this guy. He has balls."

Another thing is that Bandos may actually have respected Zanik for having the guts to stand up to him. He made it look at first as if he was angry that his avatar was destroyed and he dropped a tier, but actually congratulated the player after this. And he paid a compliment to us by saying, "Forget your goblin friends cowering in their caves. You belong in battle!" And as for Armadyl, I would say his followers managed to find a place to live, and are now standing up to anyone who would threaten the peace. That is justice at work in my opinion, and justice needs people with courage.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

05-Nov-2016 13:15:01

LadyScalpel
Oct Member 2021

LadyScalpel

Posts: 73 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros. Because he represents things I despise, like ruling from the shadows, pulling strings, control, manipulation.
I would't rush to kill him though, or any other god. At this point I think sabotaging him with light simulacrum was enough to alleviate this threat.

05-Nov-2016 17:19:42

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Another thing is that Bandos may actually have respected Zanik for having the guts to stand up to him. He made it look at first as if he was angry that his avatar was destroyed and he dropped a tier, but actually congratulated the player after this.

It seems like Jagex were pushing that he pinned the achievement more on you. Sure, they had the intelligence to craft the weapon and the courage to wield it against him, but they still would have died without your strength. You can have all the courage and willpower in the world, but without the strength to back it up, you're nothing.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

07-Nov-2016 03:42:34

Ja son

Ja son

Posts: 338 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros

power hungry and callous to even his own followers, his justifications of acquiring more power under the facade of defeating the elder gods.

he wants nothing but power, and even if he really did believe the reason he gave you that just makes him all the more dangerous.

nothing scarier than a power hungry megalomaniac who thinks he is righteous.
World Guardian

09-Nov-2016 22:52:49

Quick find code: 341-342-757-65846854 Back to Top