The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

[#QUDSWSOIF]

[#QUDSWSOIF]

Posts: 1,418 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
@DPwnr\n\nWouldn\\'t you say the act was wrong and misguided? I would lol
Yeah, but I wouldn\'t call something of that gravity a mistake.

But it just fit its own description lol, I do not deny it was wrong, but I do think it was a mistake of his that I do hope he has learnt from and wont make again ^_^ , if he does do it again my faith might be shaken lol

08-Dec-2013 12:15:01

AverageFurry

AverageFurry

Posts: 406 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
@DPwnr\n\nWouldn\\\'t you say the act was wrong and misguided? I would lol
Yeah, but I wouldn\\'t call something of that gravity a mistake.
\n\nBut it just fit its own description lol, I do not deny it was wrong, but I do think it was a mistake of his that I do hope he has learnt from and wont make again ^_^ , if he does do it again my faith might be shaken lol
But it was intentional! :P If you intentionally make a mistake then it can't really be defined as a mistake. O_o

08-Dec-2013 12:19:06 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2013 12:19:45 by AverageFurry

[#QUDSWSOIF]

[#QUDSWSOIF]

AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
@DPwnr\n\nWouldn\\\\'t you say the act was wrong and misguided? I would lol
Yeah, but I wouldn\\\'t call something of that gravity a mistake.
\n\nBut it just fit its own description lol, I do not deny it was wrong, but I do think it was a mistake of his that I do hope he has learnt from and wont make again ^_^ , if he does do it again my faith might be shaken lol
But it was intentional! :P If you intentionally make a mistake then it can\'t really be defined as a mistake. O_o

You can intentionally do something and it still is a mistake even if it doesn't feel like one at the time, but that's just my opinion ^_^

08-Dec-2013 12:32:26

AverageFurry

AverageFurry

[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
@DPwnr\n\nWouldn\\\\\'t you say the act was wrong and misguided? I would lol
Yeah, but I wouldn\\\\'t call something of that gravity a mistake.
But it was intentional! :P If you intentionally make a mistake then it can\\'t really be defined as a mistake. O_o
\n\nYou can intentionally do something and it still is a mistake even if it doesn\'t feel like one at the time, but that\'s just my opinion ^_^
I can agree with that, but still, it had too much of an impact to be defined as a mere "mistake", in my opinion. :)

08-Dec-2013 12:49:12

[#QUDSWSOIF]

[#QUDSWSOIF]

AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
@DPwnr\n\nWouldn\\\\\\'t you say the act was wrong and misguided? I would lol
Yeah, but I wouldn\\\\\'t call something of that gravity a mistake.
But it was intentional! :P If you intentionally make a mistake then it can\\\'t really be defined as a mistake. O_o
\n\nYou can intentionally do something and it still is a mistake even if it doesn\\'t feel like one at the time, but that\\'s just my opinion ^_^
I can agree with that, but still, it had too much of an impact to be defined as a mere "mistake", in my opinion. :)

Oh I completely agree with that, I view it as a mistake that saradomin made but he was completely wrong, I will not defend his actions/ reasons for it back then as I do not believe I can, I can only hope that he now views it as wrong/ that he shouldn't have done it and that he has learned from it ^_^

08-Dec-2013 12:59:06

AverageFurry

AverageFurry

[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
AverageFurry said :
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
@DPwnr\n\nWouldn\\\\\\\'t you say the act was wrong and misguided? I would lol
Yeah, but I wouldn\\\\\\'t call something of that gravity a mistake.
But it was intentional! :P If you intentionally make a mistake then it can\\\\'t really be defined as a mistake. O_o
\n\nYou can intentionally do something and it still is a mistake even if it doesn\\\'t feel like one at the time, but that\\\'s just my opinion ^_^
I can only hope that he now views it as wrong/ that he shouldn\'t have done it and that he has learned from it ^_^
Me too. ^_^

08-Dec-2013 15:40:43 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2013 19:22:17 by AverageFurry

Zebub

Zebub

Posts: 18,298 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dennorak said :
Everyone go to page 22 and read the posts there by Niht Scinnre! Best 3 posts ever

I love the irony in those posts, it made me giggle ^_^ . Kudos to Niht Scinnre!

~ There must be
Tranquillity
and
Conflict
Liberty
and
Control
Order
and
Chaos
Collectivity
and
Individuality
, there must be...
Balance
! Join the 9th faction: Guthix! ~
~ There must be Tranquillity and Conflict, Liberty and Control, Order and Chaos, Collectivity and Individuality, there must be... Balance! ~

08-Dec-2013 19:29:04 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2013 19:29:28 by Zebub

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dantalian said :
because "he is a good god" and thus would never do anything evil. In other words, Saradomin only does good things, ergo he is good, and because he is good any apparent evil thing is not really evil, but actually a good thing, we just don't know enough. Given this, I presume Saradomin is the good of circular reasoning as well as order.

Now that deserves a round of applause.

I achieved something similar with my "Bandos is Benevolent" semi-parody. Bandos is benevolent, therefore anything he's done must have some benevolent excuse. Starting at the conclusion, then assembling evidence for it, instead of the other way around.

destroyed an entire planet? That's okay, he probably feels shameful about it! Downright villainous behavior towards the Dorgeshuun? He must have gracefully accepted defeat and willingly removed the mark on Zanik.

If Saradomin is the god of circular reason and order, Nerevarine is the god of wishful thinking.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

09-Dec-2013 01:21:15 - Last edited on 09-Dec-2013 01:35:38 by Lego Miester

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
Child soldiers in real life are classed as enemy combatants, the elderly or infirm who fight against you are still the enemy as well.

That is a fact and reality of warfare. If they pose a threat and decide to engage in hostilities they are no longer civilians.

So if this is the case, there's nothing wrong with what happened. War is war.

Wait, what?! I was just skimming through his response to the zarosian genocide and how most of the able-bodied had already fled by the time the city was conquered.

Where was this logic when I was discussing the naragi? I distinctly remember arguing that "the only thing between a civilian and a soldier is a recruiter", discussing how Saradomin would certainly send naragi to defend the naragi, just like how he sends gieleniorians to defend gielenor.

You said no no, he was trying to protect them, the naragi were civilians who were unable to fight for themselves, recruiting them and sending them into battle would be wrong.

Now it's those elderly and children were no longer civilians, so it was perfectly fine that Saradomin helped to kill them and erase their civilization from history.

NO!!! I am not okay with that! :@ You don't get to pick and choose who gets to be labeled a civilian or soldier to rationalize their death.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

09-Dec-2013 01:58:15 - Last edited on 09-Dec-2013 02:07:57 by Lego Miester

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top