Forums

The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

Paravant

Paravant

Posts: 23,279 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Androme said :
Saradomin didn't try to ''exterminate an entire religious group of people'', there weren't any ''Zarosians'', only annexed peoples that had been brainwashed by Zaros, whom fought for him despite living under dreadful conditions. Zaros and his following consists of an extremely small number of people, and always has.

thats the best logic ever.
Join: July 2005 | Member 1: October 2005 - February 2007 | Member 2: April 2007 - Present
World Guardian
|
Disciple of Chaos
| Loreist

06-Dec-2013 17:10:05

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Paravant said :
Androme said :
Saradomin didn't try to ''exterminate an entire religious group of people'', there weren't any ''Zarosians'', only annexed peoples that had been brainwashed by Zaros, whom fought for him despite living under dreadful conditions. Zaros and his following consists of an extremely small number of people, and always has.

thats the best logic ever.

I detect you have Level 99 in Sarcasm. The humans didn't fight for much of anyone under Zaros as they were bottom tier citizens. They were certainly never allowed into any positions of authority. It was only after the death of Zaros that humans got the chance to climb out of the Victorian workhouse style conditions and take some responsibility. Which included having to fight against conquistador god armies looking to eliminate all traces of Zaros and force people to worship their choice of god or die. A lot fled and were pursed into the desert region. They may have been under boot heels before the betrayal, but afterwards was a differen matter as they had a chance to take charge of their destiny. That didn't come to pass as dead men tell no tales.

There were very few of the 'monsters' left to guard the empire, the vast majority were humans who now found themselves in charge and on the front lines. You can call slaughtering and burning cities to the ground liberation if you want, a lot of people in the past have and do, but it's still genocide dressed up in the clothes of Divine Righteousness.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

06-Dec-2013 17:27:35 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2013 17:33:02 by Solanumtinkr

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Saradomin didn't try to ''exterminate an entire religious group of people'', there weren't any ''Zarosians'', only annexed peoples that had been brainwashed by Zaros, whom fought for him despite living under dreadful conditions. Zaros and his following consists of an extremely small number of people, and always has."

Have you really become so pathetic that you're going to try and argue one of the most ancient pieces of accepted lore?

" It was primarily caused by Zamorak and his followers, and later aided by Saradomin, both of whom wanted a portion of Zaros's vast empire for themselves. However, despite the power of their enemies, some cities, such as Senntisten managed to hold out for hundreds of years, but were eventually overwhelmed and conquered by the sheer numbers."

You're the perfect example of someone who looses all sense to their religion, you denying Saradomin played no part in trying to kill off Zarosians is like me trying to argue Zaros isn't associated with purple.

You really are backed into a corner aren't you?

Zaros had thousands upon thousands of followers during and after his empire in the early stages, It's only now that his following consists of the very few, he only trusted a small few however, there is a difference, even a window licker like you should know that.

Your move An Hero. ;)
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

06-Dec-2013 17:35:17

Anenemus

Anenemus

Posts: 2,328 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Androme said :

They do now. Not in the Second Age. Largest Empire at the time, and ever, strongest god (next to guthix), and most type of races under his command.

06-Dec-2013 17:44:13

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Think that's enough reserves?! o_O

Anyway my thread has gone well. I tried to keep to the theme while also going off on my own direction (I'm particularly proud of the "bonus round" section).

I'll add a few notes here as I flip through your thread to see how you've changed this new one:
-good change to the naragi story portion that both parties aren't necessarily equally to blame. I feel like the two separate naragi perspectives are symbolic here to the playerbase being divided on their opinion of him.

"Saradomin: I sought to make amends , when the beast [Tuska] and the hunter [Skargaroth] brought violence of their own."

I see that as evidence towards my theory that Saradomin was first trying to make amends (possibly with the diplomatic subfaction of the naragi camp?), then Tuska attacked him. The comma is very important.

""The only chance the Naragi have is to lead Tuska and her airut to Saradomin, inciting a battle between the two factions. With luck, they will kill each other. Regardless, we will take advantage of their battle."

This part of the journal fortifies previous evidence in suggesting the Naragi were oblivious or unknowledgeable about Saradomin changing and fighting to try and save them from Tuska. "

Or that the diplomatic group had already left the camp to go talk with Saradomin. They aren't mentioned again, so they definitely went somewhere.

Saradomin blasts the player aside with magic and takes the wand himself.

I'm still convinced, watching the cutscene, that "Saradomin blasts at the player with magic, causing him to fall backwards to avoid it, dropping the wand in the process, which Saradomin telegrabs." We never see that magic hit, compared to BoL where we see it hit, Zamorak goes "blargh" and falls over.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

06-Dec-2013 20:27:00

Dennorak
Jul Member 2020

Dennorak

Posts: 4,414 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why do Saradominists continue to try to defend Saradomin about the Naragi incident? He messed up big time, no way around it, just move on from it
Zamorakian Lorehound, Flame of Chaos member, Bilrach enthusiast

06-Dec-2013 20:32:36

[#QUDSWSOIF]

[#QUDSWSOIF]

Posts: 1,418 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dennorak said :
Why do Saradominists continue to try to defend Saradomin about the Naragi incident? He messed up big time, no way around it, just move on from it

I personally do think he messed up big time there, but the same can be said to any faction, you have zamorakians defending him making the wildy etc, its our duty as followers to help protect and defend our god ;)

06-Dec-2013 20:35:15

Dennorak
Jul Member 2020

Dennorak

Posts: 4,414 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
Dennorak said :
\n\nI personally do think he messed up big time there, but the same can be said to any faction, you have zamorakians defending him making the wildy etc, its our duty as followers to help protect and defend our god ;)

I don't consider what Zamorak did to the wildy to be an evil act because:

1) He did not know what the results would be

2) It was a kill or be killed situation

I understand defending your god, I do. I also do have respect for Saradomin, but you can't defend him from this, he killed families, children, wives, husbands etc. because they said no to following him, there is no defending that
Zamorakian Lorehound, Flame of Chaos member, Bilrach enthusiast

06-Dec-2013 20:41:54

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top