Forums

The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Saradomin: I sought to make amends , when the beast [Tuska] and the hunter [Skargaroth] brought violence of their own."

This could still mean he waited until much later, as there is no specified time on when they arrived or first came into contact. It may easily have taken a while for him to come to his senses after seeing what the other gods were doing. He could easily have been at war for centuries. And it was certainly more than the 5 minutes some Saradominists seem to keep on insisting on, more by a very wide margin.

It's canonical fact that NPCs can be wrong in how they describe what theysee, that NPCs do lie and Saradomin learned not to try and force worship, so he will lie, omit and twist things beyond all recognition, if he thinks he can get away with it.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

06-Dec-2013 20:42:48 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2013 20:46:32 by Solanumtinkr

Androme

Androme

Posts: 6,474 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People seem to think I'm denying that Saradomin and Zamorak tried to hide all traces of Zaros, that's not the case.

What I'm saying is that the ''masses'' can't even be considered Zarosians, for the simple fact that they probably had no idea who or what Zaros was (and that's ignoring the brainwashing part).

Also, Lethalintent, you're the only one coming across as pathethic. In every single post you make, and have ever made, it has contained atleast several insults, such as wishing for my family to die in cancer, and now calling me ''An Hero'', promoting suicide. You should be religiously thankful to the extremely biased forum moderators that hasn't perma banned you since long time ago, because quite frankly you've deserved to be perma banned several times now.

06-Dec-2013 20:58:37 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2013 21:01:55 by Androme

Androme

Androme

Solan. You're assuming he: ''..so he will lie, omit and twist things beyond all recognition, if he thinks he can get away with it.'' just because NPC's can be wrong and can lie. Note ''can''.
I find the events of the Naragi homeplane to be fairly obvious, same with the timeline with all significant events which I posted somewhere else a couple of days ago.

06-Dec-2013 21:01:08

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some lore users state Saradomin favours the Icyene over humans. He doesn't see any purpose in humans and neglects them.

That's strawmanning, and you know it. All the story implies is that the icyene are treated as higher priority than the humans in the army, with the example of the Uzer clay limbs. I didn't, and never saw anyone that did, claim further than that.

He also sighed, which could indicate a number of things.

He states why not a few sentences later. "You're taking too many, too soon," Tasgall said. "The village won't be able to sustain itself if you steal all our young people." This had clearly happened multiple times already, with the village getting progressively weaker. The icyene refuses to sympathize with this, and recruits anyway. As soon as Tasgall saw the recruiter in the distance, he sighed, knowing what was coming.

To which Tasgall implied: "Your icyene-blooded sorceress enchanted them."

Mazakon uttered in response: "You should be glad your village is in Saradomin's territory. Do you know the Army of Zamorak's recruitment tactics?"

I don't like how, rather than deny that she enchanted them, he changes the subject. As if to say "I'm well aware, but you would be so much worse off under Zamorak, so bite your tongue!"

I'm sticking with the theory she is non-icyene, blessed by Saradomin, and Mazakon knowingly abuses her abilities for troops. (Do you know any normal person that can kill demons by singing at them?) The blame here is on Mazakon more than Saradomin.

She clearly doesn't like what she's doing, and goes away with the writer in the hopes of someone understanding her position. He spouts some brainwashed nonsense emphasizing how he doesn't even comprehend the concept of peace, and she gives up.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

06-Dec-2013 21:02:28

[#QUDSWSOIF]

[#QUDSWSOIF]

Posts: 1,418 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Lego Miester
Original message details are unavailable.
That's strawmanning, and you know it. All the story implies is that the icyene are treated as higher priority than the humans in the army, with the example of the Uzer clay limbs. I didn't, and never saw anyone that did, claim further than that.

In an army they should have been back then, they were/ probably still are better than humans at combat etc, so they actually should have a higher priority ;)

06-Dec-2013 21:07:15

Balustan

Balustan

Posts: 19,291 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Lego Miester I stated he prefers Icyene because he abandoned humanity because they were not useful enough if you recall as well as the golem limb thing and the racism towards humans he tolerated from his Icyene. (Not the only god to do this ofc)

@Sir As***r You have no evidence of any such brainwashing. None at all. The only place you got this from is that Mod Jack said that is what Saradomin would say about it. However we cannot trust that.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

06-Dec-2013 21:09:10

Balustan

Balustan

[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
@Lego Miester \n Original message details are unavailable.
That\'s strawmanning, and you know it. All the story implies is that the icyene are treated as higher priority than the humans in the army, with the example of the Uzer clay limbs. I did*\'t, and never saw anyone that did, claim further than that.
\n\nIn an army they should have been back then, they were/ probably still are better than humans at combat etc, so they actually should have a higher priority ;)

Ofc they were better than humans especially with rune supplies so low at the time but one of them says and I quote. "Useless human woman"

They were expendable and now even allowed in command positions because of their humanity. The reasonings given for that are flimsy in that humans would not see the bigger picture. Humans are no less intelligent than Icyene if less able bodied.

Also we must recall that Icyene are not all they are cracked up to be by some people. Zilyana is the best of the Icyene, a legend among their people. They are not that strong a race compared to some others though they are up there.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

06-Dec-2013 21:12:17

Androme

Androme

Okay Balustan, sure, we have no concrete evidence, but if you seriously think the people that Zaros conquered whom he placed to serve as near-slaves in dreadful conditions suddenly had a change of heart and thus decided to become loyal to Zaros, you're only fooling yourself, and you know that perfectly well.

06-Dec-2013 21:15:41

Balustan

Balustan

Androme said :
Okay Balustan, sure, we have no concrete evidence, but if you seriously think the people that Zaros conquered whom he placed to serve as near-slaves in dreadful conditions suddenly had a change of heart and thus decided to become loyal to Zaros, you\'re only fooling yourself, and you know that perfectly well.

Who were living with more material wealth than they had had in the Saradominist Empire I shall point out using the same sources you are using. Not to mention Zaros' Empire was far more secure at the time and if you could prove yourself you could rise up to even be a general unlike in the Saradominist army where you were not.

Also you think slave like conditions for peasants are uncommon in medieval times?

I would wait to hear more about the 2nd age Saradominist Empire before you judge the Zarosian one too harshly.
Lewis
|
Quester
|
Scottish

06-Dec-2013 21:18:58

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top