Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

F r o s t

F r o s t

Posts: 441 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
test8997 said :
F r o s t said :
It's actually funny if you look up people who voted yes. they are far from maxed. most doesn't even have a 99. Is this just ignorance, or do you guys really enjoy doing it all over again? grinding and no lifing ur way to 99.. while you don't even have many 99's..

I personally don't see the fun of this. and as someone else said before, many people would feel forced to it even if it was just for the completion of things or emotes/rank/titles and other nonesense that really doesn't imrpove gameplay

As for this poll, i'm very happy they let us vote. You can do better jagex. leave prestige for games like call of duty. This really is another hypocrit move. first saying you don't want to up lvl 120 cuz people will feel forced to get it and takes to long.

Just like you put up that rule for real world trading years back. They said they forbid it merely because they didn't want to give richer players in real life a advantage.. you broke your own rules and reason for it with squeel of fortune

Hey watch it, some players might have mains, don't blast all of them over some silly levels they have, even that can lie to you.

*-*._-
The Electromancer
-_.*-*

Yes you are right. But this really is a minority
Starting a new game sounds more fun and renewing then reset a lvl to

17-Oct-2013 15:11:39 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 15:12:38 by F r o s t

Sai Dye
Apr Member 2023

Sai Dye

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
King Bibbler said :
Cinderlynn said :
I'm not really against this update I would just rather they raise the level cap and add more high end content!

Trust me Cinderlyn, nobody outside of the top 50 players would get 120 all skills for many many years to come (In all probably the remainder of the time this game still exists). Do you really want your character to become that outclassed or that irrelevant forever?

Unless you plan to gain ~2.6 B xp in the blink of an eye (which I might add is impossible considering it takes years and years to even consider getting 1B xp) I would reconsider your stance on this one.

Why are you so obsessed with maxing? Don't you see that's what's so wrong with this game now? This game has become all about getting to max, and none of the journey matters anymore. Back in this game's prime, it was amazing for a person to even have one or two 99s. Getting 99s was insanely hard, probably harder than getting 120 would be today, and yet people were okay with that. People were proud of having level 70 all skills, and that was all you really needed.

But people like you, as of the last few years, have become increasingly obsessed with "finishing" a game that was never designed to be finished.

17-Oct-2013 15:12:45

test8997

test8997

Posts: 1,764 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
F r o s t said :
test8997 said :
F r o s t said :
It's actually funny if you look up people who voted yes. they are far from maxed. most doesn't even have a 99. Is this just ignorance, or do you guys really enjoy doing it all over again? grinding and no lifing ur way to 99.. while you don't even have many 99's..

I personally don't see the fun of this. and as someone else said before, many people would feel forced to it even if it was just for the completion of things or emotes/rank/titles and other nonesense that really doesn't imrpove gameplay

As for this poll, i'm very happy they let us vote. You can do better jagex. leave prestige for games like call of duty. This really is another hypocrit move. first saying you don't want to up lvl 120 cuz people will feel forced to get it and takes to long.

Just like you put up that rule for real world trading years back. They said they forbid it merely because they didn't want to give richer players in real life a advantage.. you broke your own rules and reason for it with squeel of fortune

Hey watch it, some players might have mains, don't blast all of them over some silly levels they have, even that can lie to you.

*-*._-
The Electromancer
-_.*-*

Yes you are right.
Starting a new game sounds more fun and renewing then reset a lvl

-_- .....

It depends on the player, personally if this wins, that'll be fine with me, just I'll have to brace myself in time over more elitists's flames just because of a prestige level. All I'll say is whatever happens, bring it on.

*-*._-
The Electromancer
-_.*-*

17-Oct-2013 15:14:41

Poosie Kat

Poosie Kat

Posts: 272 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just had a passing thought for the cosmetic upgrade on skill capes....imagine earning that 99 cape and having it resemble something that pertains to the skill itself...instead of just a logo slapped on a cape with a different color

17-Oct-2013 15:15:05

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sai Dye said :
King Bibbler said :
Cinderlynn said :
I'm not really against this update I would just rather they raise the level cap and add more high end content!

Trust me Cinderlyn, nobody outside of the top 50 players would get 120 all skills for many many years to come (In all probably the remainder of the time this game still exists). Do you really want your character to become that outclassed or that irrelevant forever?

Unless you plan to gain ~2.6 B xp in the blink of an eye (which I might add is impossible considering it takes years and years to even consider getting 1B xp) I would reconsider your stance on this one.

Why are you so obsessed with maxing? Don't you see that's what's so wrong with this game now? This game has become all about getting to max, and none of the journey matters anymore. Back in this game's prime, it was amazing for a person to even have one or two 99s. Getting 99s was insanely hard, probably harder than getting 120 would be today, and yet people were okay with that. People were proud of having level 70 all skills, and that was all you really needed.

But people like you, as of the last few years, have become increasingly obsessed with "finishing" a game that was never designed to be finished.

Exactly!
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 15:15:56

King Bibbler
Jan Member 2016

King Bibbler

Posts: 1,409 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said :
I've never been a competitive player I just play for the fun of it! WOW still raises their caps with every new addition and it works fine! Why do people have such an issue with whether this game has end content or not! Jagex wants people to have a reason to keep on playing! No one's forcing you to keep playing! So because some people don't want have to do any more major skilling jagex shouldn't be allowed to add high level content!

WOW doesn't have a problem with raising their level caps, because comparitively to runescape caps, WOW caps take no time to get.

getting level 90 in WOW is not even remotely comparable to the kind of time it would take to get 120 all stats. It works for WOW because the time it takes to achieve the new cap is reasonable. This is absolutely not the case with runescape.

17-Oct-2013 15:17:29

Vanagloria

Vanagloria

Posts: 198 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I vote 'yes' for the prestige system. I believe the Mods over at Jagex should come to terms with the fact that an overwhelming percentage of their player base consists of reactionary 14-year-olds who do not bother to read the entirety of any given update and contemplate the ideas put forth in a rational way or with any form of depth.

The prestige system is optional and exists as an open concept for those who enjoy the (calming in my opinion) grind of raising their skills beyond its now standard range. There are rewards, which I'm sure do not offer any competitive advantage in-game, and the hi-scores table would exist, again, as an area of (greater) competition.

Your intentions are understandable and much appreciated but I do very much think a mistake is being made in giving so much power to the player-base in regards to what does and does not become a part of the Runescape experience. Additionally a large collection of players come from the "any change is bad change" mindset, refusing to let go of their subjectively "greater" past experiences; the "glory days of Runescape" as some refer to it. Continuing down this path will result in stagnation of more elaborate game content whether it be good or bad. For example:
1) Evolution of Combat update - Met with massive disapproval
2) Interface update - Met with disapproval
3) Bonds - Met with massive disapproval
Even the custom competition was met with hostility in the case of a few players...

That's just my two cents for whatever its worth.

17-Oct-2013 15:20:30 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 15:21:43 by Vanagloria

Cinderlynn
Jul Member 2008

Cinderlynn

Posts: 1,011 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well as I've stated earlier I don't really play this to compete I play this for the fun of it and have no problem with the max level even higher! Like dungeoneering getting 120 would be called true mastery! I also said come up with content to go with it first and then raise the level!

17-Oct-2013 15:21:39

King Bibbler
Jan Member 2016

King Bibbler

Posts: 1,409 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr RobinHood said :
Sai Dye said :
King Bibbler said :
Cinderlynn said :

Exactly!

Do you enjoy being a sub capable character? I certainly don't, I want to enjoy what a game has to offer in entirety, not spend the rest of my time in game dreaming about having what is unattainable.

You both do realize if this happened both of your prayers of ever maxing would be totally gone. If you get a kick out of being an irrelevant character for practical reasons then i guess to each their own, but I never want to be made irrelevant or sub par in this game by an update that forces me to either lose my life or forfeit my goals of maxing/comping.

17-Oct-2013 15:23:19

Poosie Kat

Poosie Kat

Posts: 272 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
New cosmetic look for skill capes representing their skill....the old logo design and color trim just isnt working for me anymore...i dont even wear my skill capes because they just have no style and all look identical except for color and logo! Design a skill cape thats worthy of getting 99 in...not this same old same old look

17-Oct-2013 15:23:31

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top