Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Voss

Voss

Posts: 641 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My vote was "NO" I also would like to see all skills with a new lvl 120 goal and cape to go with it...also it would be great to finally see existing skill capes get the cosmetic overhaul they so richly deserve because thats what everone is striving for...the good old 99 skill capes...and i emphasize the word "old" because skill capes are look too outdated with everything else that has been updated and released!

17-Oct-2013 14:51:40

test8997

test8997

Posts: 1,764 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Main X said :
test8997 said :

Wow... I read that wall of text and never EVER saw someone with so much rage over people with a different opinion O_o I thought I was bad but this puts me to shame on Raging.

*-*._-
The Electromancer
-_.*-*

Because it's people holding the game back from a great step forward, for their personal spot on the current hi-scores.

.... Not all of us don't want it over "personal" issues, some of us don't believe it's the best move for the game, I have read some posts that were logical, I don't want it because it will create a whole need breed of elitists and we really don't want another rift in playerbase that EOC created, if this wins that's fine, I have my own opinion, though but it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Also aren't you being a little "personal" being so angry at us over a simple yes/no poll?

*-*._-
The Electromancer
-_.*-*

17-Oct-2013 14:52:14 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 14:53:24 by test8997

Jimeous
Apr Member 2022

Jimeous

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voted No because the rewards don't reflect the need to increase prestige...
Now if you could increase effects like....
Prestige 1
Attack Level 1 = 1% chance of double hit, level 2 = 2% etc
Strength Level 1 = 1% chance of doubled strength
Accuracy Level 1 = +1% critical hit
Divination - Porters send more items to bank, double heal with signs etc
Summoning - Increased pet combat, increased pack sizes etc
Runecrafting - increased runes, ability to make runecrafting teletabs
and so on...

17-Oct-2013 14:53:40

King Bibbler
Jan Member 2016

King Bibbler

Posts: 1,409 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cinderlynn said :
I'm not really against this update I would just rather they raise the level cap and add more high end content!

Trust me Cinderlyn, nobody outside of the top 50 players would get 120 all skills for many many years to come (In all probably the remainder of the time this game still exists). Do you really want your character to become that outclassed or that irrelevant forever?

Unless you plan to gain ~2.6 B xp in the blink of an eye (which I might add is impossible considering it takes years and years to even consider getting 1B xp) I would reconsider your stance on this one.

17-Oct-2013 14:54:26

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kirith Kirin said :
I voted no.

The Prestige system wouldn't solve the problem that it sets out to solve.

Original message details are unavailable.
With this update, the hiscore tables will unlock and once again the top spot will be occupied by the player who worked the hardest, not the one who got there first.

The player who worked the hardest is also the one who "got there first." The difference between the old "there" and the new "there" is that the new one has no upper bound, so there isn't ever an end-- in other words, the horrible mad rush to 99 that happened when Divination came out would go on forever. As staff, you probably noticed what the "competitive" players were doing at the time-- pulling off long hours of "working hard," sleeping not much at all, and skipping work. I don't think you want to encourage that sort of gameplay.

Also, at the person who said this:

Main X said :
Ingmar said :
Main X said :
The only reasons given to not implement prestige are self-beneficial, rather than game-beneficial..

Welcome to democracy, I hope you enjoy your stay.

~Ingmar

And that's why nothing gets better.

Democracy works because people take their own self-interest into consideration. Amalgamated self-interest is supposedly a good thing. Go read Rousseau.

Tired of of this argument it took more work from the first players: FALSE!! Botting was unchecked and rampant, currently players are forced to be legitimate (more so then before) due to bot watch--

This would allow current active players, to compete indefinitely against each other --- Nice try
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 14:55:00

CPU Neptune

CPU Neptune

Posts: 524 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Suddenly being an endgame character would only be a thing for people who played 16+ hours per day and a thing of the past for 99.9% of the population as you would need nearly 3B xp to be maxed which only ~15 players have in the 14 years this game has existed."

Battle Beef, you're thinking of that the wrong way. You're suggesting that raising the cap wouldn't bring new methods to train. The current xp rates over the 14 years means nothing if the cap is raised. The whole point of such a design is not only to raise the cap but along with it raise the speed at which xp is gained.

It's still a punch to the face for players who got to 200m before such an update but you got to remember, 200m hunter was reached far before jadinkos were released effectively reducing the time it took to level to 200m hunter by 1/2 to 2/3rds of the time

17-Oct-2013 14:55:11 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 14:57:42 by CPU Neptune

Kirith Kirin

Kirith Kirin

Posts: 416 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr RobinHood said :
Tired of of this argument it took more work from the first players: FALSE!! Botting was unchecked and rampant, currently players are forced to be legitimate (more so then before) due to bot watch--

This would allow current active players, to compete indefinitely against each other --- Nice try

I don't think you read what I said. If you did, I don't know what you're trying to say. I didn't say it took more work from the first players. And it is absolutely true that it would allow active players to compete indefinitely.

17-Oct-2013 14:56:43 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 14:57:27 by Kirith Kirin

F r o s t

F r o s t

Posts: 441 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's actually funny if you look up people who voted yes. they are far from maxed. most doesn't even have a 99. Is this just ignorance, or do you guys really enjoy doing it all over again? grinding and no lifing ur way to 99.. while you don't even have many 99's..

I personally don't see the fun of this. and as someone else said before, many people would feel forced to it even if it was just for the completion of things or emotes/rank/titles and other nonesense that really doesn't imrpove gameplay

As for this poll, i'm very happy they let us vote. You can do better jagex. leave prestige for games like call of duty. This really is another hypocrit move. first saying you don't want to up lvl 120 cuz people will feel forced to get it and takes to long.

Just like you put up that rule for real world trading years back. They said they forbid it merely because they didn't want to give richer players in real life a advantage.. you broke your own rules and reason for it with squeel of fortune

17-Oct-2013 14:58:09

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top