Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Megs n Bacon

Megs n Bacon

Posts: 523 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dumblikeafox said :
Mod Crow said :
Alexander V said :
Many thanks for the opportunity to allow us to vote. I voted 'no' simply because I have invested so much of my time already into this game, and don't have the time to do it all over again.

The aim of Prestige was to make it entirely optional as to whether you choose to do it again and also give you the option to just 'switch back' to your stats if you got tired of re-levelling them. You wouldn't have been forced into doing it or locked into training again if you chose to do so.

That's not how addiction works.

^this
~
Bacon
~

17-Oct-2013 14:59:13

Poseidon986
Nov Member 2021

Poseidon986

Posts: 251 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is not just about the high level players, like come on, get real Jagex.

Imagine the scenario if putting 10% of these higher levels under the prestige system, working their way up agian using lower to medium level resources, what do you think will happen to players who haven't prestiged and are using the same resources as the prestiged higher levels?

Seriously, this prestige is going to make the economy even worst if it gets added into the game even after being changed. Since it will most likely insist in forcing players to reuse old content, more people will sell unused items but also more people will buy them, prices will go up and down to the point of being redicolous for some players who are trying to level up without being prestiged.

Just boost the xp cap for each skill to 400m and raise the level cap on each skill to 120, excessive xp beyond 99 is added as a bonus 2x multiplier that helps grinding to the new 400m cap (200m players would start from 13m again with xp bonus, ex: 187m xp bonus for 200m players to use towards 400m xp cap).

The people who say this system does no harm, they are completly square headed and completly wrong, either selfishness or pure stupidity is coming into play with those opinions. Game should focus on keeping both lower and high level players active, keeping the higher level players active while avoiding them touching the low level content is for the best for the newcomers. If higher level players manipulate low level content, you can pretty much say you are killing this game from it's root now, because everyone starts from there and making it awfully unbalanced early on is not a good idea.

t l;dr
-Higher level players NEED higher level content, not lower level, again.
-Lower level players NEED a balanced economy early on, which right now isn't a bad case (could be if this system was to get added).
-Increase level cap (120) and xp cap (400m), add new content 99-120, kkthxbye.

17-Oct-2013 14:59:43

CPU Neptune

CPU Neptune

Posts: 524 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
F r o s t said :
It's actually funny if you look up people who voted yes. they are far from maxed. most doesn't even have a 99. Is this just ignorance, or do you guys really enjoy doing it all over again? grinding and no lifing ur way to 99.. while you don't even have many 99's..

I personally don't see the fun of this. and as someone else said before, many people would feel forced to it even if it was just for the completion of things or emotes/rank/titles and other nonesense that really doesn't imrpove gameplay

As for this poll, i'm very happy they let us vote. You can do better jagex. leave prestige for games like call of duty. This really is another hypocrit move. first saying you don't want to up lvl 120 cuz people will feel forced to get it and takes to long.

Just like you put up that rule for real world trading years back. They said they forbid it merely because they didn't want to give richer players in real life a advantage.. you broke your own rules and reason for it with squeel of fortune

I voted yes but I regret it :(

17-Oct-2013 14:59:44

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've read some players complain about this increasing addiction? Shouldn't you seek help for that rather then the blame the game for future content because of your lack of self control? \\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 15:00:02

test8997

test8997

Posts: 1,764 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Main X said :
When I see a reason as to how not bringing prestige in, would benefit the game, I'll agree to the "no"'s, until then I'll just keep reading the reasons that stem from the individual's benefit.

I fail to see how I'm being selfish and personal seeing I'm concerned about the players and how this will affect the player community. Whatever man. Just be careful, your zealotry won't help you out.

*-*._-
The Electromancer
-_.*-*

17-Oct-2013 15:01:36 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 15:03:40 by test8997

x_DCDCDC_x

x_DCDCDC_x

Posts: 2,969 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know that's a good idea for those who are maxed and alot of people complain about "hpw easy the game is now".

Most of us are here for the fun and prestige won't change our gameplay. However, the "old hiscores" will be left behind and our already earnt xp over 13m will not have any effect on it.

If at least we could already use our current xp to reset and get the correct prestige from it more people would consider having this update.

Voted no.
Mining Golds since Jan 2013
-
Brazilian
Unit

Former Wilderland Member from 2006 to 2014

Know your limitations, and then ignore them.

17-Oct-2013 15:04:34

King Bibbler
Jan Member 2016

King Bibbler

Posts: 1,409 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CPU Neptune said :
"Suddenly being an endgame character would only be a thing for people who played 16+ hours per day and a thing of the past for 99.9% of the population as you would need nearly 3B xp to be maxed which only ~15 players have in the 14 years this game has existed."

Battle Beef, you're thinking of that the wrong way. You're suggesting that raising the cap wouldn't bring new methods to train. The current xp rates over the 14 years means nothing if the cap is raised. The whole point of such a design is not only to raise the cap but along with it raise the speed at which xp is gained.

It's still a punch to the face for players who got to 200m before such an update but you got to remember, 200m hunter was reached far before jadinkos were released effectively reducing the time it took to level to 99 hunter by 1/2 to 2/3rds of the time

Even if these new methods multiplied experiences rates 4 times over!!! This would still be the equivalent to getting ~26 M xp per skill in the current system (excluding new methods), this is literally twice the xp required to max the game out currently, which albeit more reasonable than my previous post suggested is still very unreasonable for the vast majority of players.

Runescape already takes longer to max out than any other mainstream RPG I have every heard of and there is absolutely no reason to make that even more ridiculous. And yes, doubling the xp required to max which already takes countless years for people to reach qualifies as rediculous.

I'm thinking about this just right thank you. Do you honestly want to put that much more work in just to remain relevant? One trip to max xp wise is plenty enough for me.

17-Oct-2013 15:05:26

Main X

Main X

Posts: 482 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
test8997 said :
Main X said :
When I see a reason as to how not bringing prestige in, would benefit the game, I'll agree to the "no"'s, until then I'll just keep reading the reasons that stem from the individual's benefit.

I fail to see how I'm being selfish and personal seeing I'm concerned about the players and how this will affect the player community. Whatever man. Just be careful, your zealotry won't help you out.

*-*._-
The Electromancer
-_.*-*

I stopped responding to you when I read that one of your reasons was not wanting a new "breed of elitists". That is all.

17-Oct-2013 15:05:35

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top