Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Quitforosrs2

Quitforosrs2

Posts: 519 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would have voted yes if players current xp carried over to the prestige system. The way it is now it doesn't benefit very competitive players because they lose their xp, and non-competitive players aren't effected by it. So, no thanks :/

17-Oct-2013 15:06:46

Cinderlynn
Jul Member 2008

Cinderlynn

Posts: 1,011 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've never been a competitive player I just play for the fun of it! WOW still raises their caps with every new addition and it works fine! Why do people have such an issue with whether this game has end content or not! Jagex wants people to have a reason to keep on playing! No one's forcing you to keep playing! So because some people don't want have to do any more major skilling jagex shouldn't be allowed to add high level content!

17-Oct-2013 15:07:27

Yukiiro Nite
Aug Member 2023

Yukiiro Nite

Posts: 209 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
tldr: many maxed players are voting no because it would be "hard" or they would have to play it because they're "addicted".

maybe we should ignore these crybabies and think about what will make this game unending?

raising the skill cap can not be an option, and as far as I can tell, more people would complain about that as well.

Also, for you guys, putting the effort forth to create enough content to fill to 120 would be unthinkable. I know you guys work hard, but that's too much to ask of you.

I voted yes because this game needs something to revitalize it. People say this will ruin the economy. I disagree, prestige will help breath life into a currently deflated, top heavy market.

17-Oct-2013 15:07:51

test8997

test8997

Posts: 1,764 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
F r o s t said :
It's actually funny if you look up people who voted yes. they are far from maxed. most doesn't even have a 99. Is this just ignorance, or do you guys really enjoy doing it all over again? grinding and no lifing ur way to 99.. while you don't even have many 99's..

I personally don't see the fun of this. and as someone else said before, many people would feel forced to it even if it was just for the completion of things or emotes/rank/titles and other nonesense that really doesn't imrpove gameplay

As for this poll, i'm very happy they let us vote. You can do better jagex. leave prestige for games like call of duty. This really is another hypocrit move. first saying you don't want to up lvl 120 cuz people will feel forced to get it and takes to long.

Just like you put up that rule for real world trading years back. They said they forbid it merely because they didn't want to give richer players in real life a advantage.. you broke your own rules and reason for it with squeel of fortune

Hey watch it, some players might have mains, don't blast all of them over some silly levels they have, even that can lie to you.

*-*._-
The Electromancer
-_.*-*

17-Oct-2013 15:09:15

Oci
Oct Member 2020

Oci

Posts: 3,549 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally I am indifferent to the idea of prestige giving people who wish to, the ability to pursue levels again. I will likely be voting ' No ' because it does not meet your stated goal of making the highscores competitive again, and because I think there would be little enthusiasm for this type of achievement even among hardcore maxers.

-----
A player just starting today might have the -potential- to some day reach the higher tiers of the highscores, but you at some point have to consider the time effort required for these achievements. A player starting a year from prestige's release would need to max several times to even have a chance at the high scores, and while they are working that gap becomes greater. Again, the highscores would still be about who was first to level, and adding prestige only makes that advantage greater.

No one starting today is going to want to invest 5-10 years to get to that pinnacle, which is the time it would take and even greater down the road.
-----

-----
No, what you need to do is keep pursuing the idea of seasonal highscores, although a poorer name could that not have. Basically highscores that reset after a giving time and anyone can pursue them, that are - not - about level.

They could be silly like the most of x, y, or z monster killed, most of something crafted, most mined of a specific ore, or even most exp gained in a specific skill or total exp over the length of the event (exp still tallied for those with 200m on old highscores).

Swap some tabs around on the current highscores webpage and accentuate the importance of temporary achievements; top players are not those will the most lifetime exp, but the most exp in the last month or some such thing.
-----

17-Oct-2013 15:11:24

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top