Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

JoeFriday
Aug Member 2009

JoeFriday

Posts: 4,560 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fallen God said :
Puuf if your referring to me it would make a massive difference. I don't see the point of setting xp goals because there is nothing to show for it except "Oh look how my rank on the high scores looks" which I don't care about. What I cared about was the thrill in leveling slayer because it took longer than most skills to level. I am maxed cb and if i could max it again it would be great. If i had 500m sitting in my bank I would have no problem paying for the other 99s that i still need to get. I don't even have 99 fletching because I hate it, so i will
CHOOSE
not to prestige it because it is an
OPTION

Because this game is so easy to max in now, a lot of people play to get xp, people play for rank.Those who reset a skill will automatically have a higher rank than those who have much more xp in a skill than those who haven't reset. This is currently why there are so many against prestige. It devalues ranks, but you even said yourself you don't play for ranks or xp.

The idea of leveling up again seems fun, but you will get bored of it pretty quick, i however support 120 all skills as do a many other as parts of this system exist right now, example are you 99 in a skill and have had to pot for a door in dungeoneering requiring 104 construction? well you wont have to make pots anymore, and best of it all it won't devalue anyone's rank.

Fallen God said :
This is such a stupid poll. People don't seem to understand this is a choice. Well there goes a potentially good update people, so when they come out with more dead content just remember this poll.

We understand it's a choice, a yes or no choice.

18-Oct-2013 04:32:59

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LadyDara said :
Maxed and
NO, NO, No

For all the reasons ppl have listed and a few I have not seen.

Reset your:
construction to prestige.......your house is gone....
prayer.....all your prayers are gone
herblore.....you can not use all your expensive pots
and the list goes on and on

Then there is the cost of resource goods on the ge. High level players have the gps to buy their way back to the top, forcing all the prices to skyrocket.

Jagex, please encourage all of your staff members to actually play the game. I feel that a lot of these ideas are being thrown out at meetings and no one really knows what the true, end result will be.

Actually, your house is still there if you prestige construction. You just can't upgrade your house or move things in your house around unless you revert to 99 or gain 99 prestige.

You will even have your guilded alter to train prayer. As Mod Jack said, it is no different to train prayer on your alter or on a friend's alter.

Your potions are still there and usable. You just can't make new potions if you prestige herblore.

Yes, your prayer will be gone, unless you revert to 99 prayer or train to 99 prestige.

18-Oct-2013 04:34:07

Izuku_MHA

Izuku_MHA

Posts: 93 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LadyDara said :
Maxed and
NO, NO, No

For all the reasons ppl have listed and a few I have not seen.

Reset your:
construction to prestige.......your house is gone....
prayer.....all your prayers are gone
herblore.....you can not use all your expensive pots
and the list goes on and on

Then there is the cost of resource goods on the ge. High level players have the gps to buy their way back to the top, forcing all the prices to skyrocket.

Jagex, please encourage all of your staff members to actually play the game. I feel that a lot of these ideas are being thrown out at meetings and no one really knows what the true, end result will be.

You could turn the prestige off if you wanted to do something like a quest bossing etc, then turn it back on when your done to continue with the prestige.

18-Oct-2013 04:37:04

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JoeFriday said :
Fallen God said :
Puuf if your referring to me it would make a massive difference. I don't see the point of setting xp goals because there is nothing to show for it except "Oh look how my rank on the high scores looks" which I don't care about. What I cared about was the thrill in leveling slayer because it took longer than most skills to level. I am maxed cb and if i could max it again it would be great. If i had 500m sitting in my bank I would have no problem paying for the other 99s that i still need to get. I don't even have 99 fletching because I hate it, so i will
CHOOSE
not to prestige it because it is an
OPTION

Because this game is so easy to max in now, a lot of people play to get xp, people play for rank.Those who reset a skill will automatically have a higher rank than those who have much more xp in a skill than those who haven't reset. This is currently why there are so many against prestige. It devalues ranks, but you even said yourself you don't play for ranks or xp.

The idea of leveling up again seems fun, but you will get bored of it pretty quick, i however support 120 all skills as do a many other as parts of this system exist right now, example are you 99 in a skill and have had to pot for a door in dungeoneering requiring 104 construction? well you wont have to make pots anymore, and best of it all it won't devalue anyone's rank.

Fallen God said :
This is such a stupid poll. People don't seem to understand this is a choice. Well there goes a potentially good update people, so when they come out with more dead content just remember this poll.

We understand it's a choice, a yes or no choice.

Ok, for all the people that want 120 skills. You can have them but you have to start over at lvl 1 in every skill except hp, where you will start out at lvl 10, and you have to train your skill to 120

18-Oct-2013 04:40:57

Ohrty
Sep Member 2011

Ohrty

Posts: 648 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NO
to 120

YES
to Prestige and
YES
to Gold SINK for SWITCHING (1m(?) per switch to 99)

YES
TO REVOTE (ONLY PLAYERS 6+ YEARS PLAYING TIME CAN VOTE)

BRING BACK 2003-2007 RUNESCAPE AND THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My account was made in Feb of '05

18-Oct-2013 04:43:22 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 04:45:24 by Ohrty

The contents of this message have been hidden.

18-Oct-2013 04:48:01

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top