Sep Member 2011

Ohrty

Posts: 648 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NO
to 120

YES
to Prestige and
YES
to Gold SINK for SWITCHING (1m(?) per switch to 99)

YES
TO REVOTE (ONLY PLAYERS 6+ YEARS PLAYING TIME CAN VOTE)

BRING BACK 2003-2007 RUNESCAPE AND THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My account was made in Feb of '05

18-Oct-2013 04:49:23

Jaeydan

Jaeydan

Posts: 178 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Astralach said :
Whilst c. 300 votes isn't exactly a clear indiction of have the poll will go, I think that it only has a slim chance of being successful. I'm really glad to see that a leaf has been taken out of OSRS's book, it's a pity that there wasn't a similar poll for Bonds :P

You used 'whilst' wrong. It's a conjunction and an adverb. Good god people try to act smart, but in reality they're really stupid.

18-Oct-2013 04:52:27

Die Helwyr

Die Helwyr

Posts: 2,408 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
as i have been reading these posts it has come to my attention that most people that are even posting are no where near maxed, some don't even have multiple 99's. now i'm not making fun of people or bashing anyone for not having high stats but that isn't who this update was made for. I personally don't want prestige and voted no. However it should not be people with 1700 total level deciding this poll. The update is giving people that have 99's a change to continue playing and continue leveling. Also there have been allot of people saying 120 stats. That would ruin the game. I have about a year in playing time and have none of my stats near 113m. But i have worked hard for the skills i have and 120 max level wold actually just be hurting the people that worked hard for the 99s they already have. Just for fun i would like to see JaGeX release the results with corresponding total levels. Or have a re-poll of only veteran accounts or 2400+ ttl lvl. i think you would see greatly different results. after all most people who have commented wouldn't even be affected and even if implemented it is still all optional. so before you wreck it think about others.

18-Oct-2013 05:16:16

Voss

Voss

Posts: 641 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe the ignorant ones are those who really feel the need to abandon what this forum is for and nit pick on proper word conjunctions from other players. Really? Please save all ur petty remarks toward players in the game and for all you "smart" people who seem to look down on others...stay focused on why you're here. Say no to prestige

18-Oct-2013 05:30:22

Egke

Egke

Posts: 202 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted no even though I like the idea. But no, I don't want prestige in that form. Tweak the idea a little and for example i'd like to see my current over exp be continued into the new prestige. Otherwise i'd feel like it goes to "waste" when I reset. Make it so that for example 50% of your overexp goes into your new prestige when you reset the first time.

Plus I'd like to see the level cap raised to 120 especially for combat skills. Would be really cool.

18-Oct-2013 05:41:52 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 05:47:32 by Egke

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Egke said :
I voted no even though I like the idea. But no, I don't want prestige in that form. Tweak the idea a little and for example i'd like to see my current over exp be continued into the new prestige. Otherwise i'd feel like it goes to "waste" when I reset. Make it so that for example 50% of your overexp goes into your new prestige when you reset the first time.

Plus I'd like to see the level cap raised to 120 especially for combat skills. Would be really cool.

Why should the experience be grandfathered?

So the people who are 1st to 200m can be 1st in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th prestiges?

They already have a rank that'll never change, and when people prestige they'll still have a higher total exp even if, somehow, someone else manages to get ahead of them. Did you not bother reading the whole blog?

18-Oct-2013 06:04:29

RawrGuardian

RawrGuardian

Posts: 6,349 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm against the update but...

A LOT of people who voted "No" seem to think that resetting skills will stop you from being able to do quests / use items / etc. etc.

^
Jagex has said that you can revert your skills back to 99 at anytime.

----------------------------

How to make players happy again:

-
Overall XP should still be included in the highscores

---Example: Rank 1: WcPRO10293 Lvl 99 +50 Prestige 4 XP 7237120370129
---Example: Rank 2: WcSuperb29 Lvl 99 + 43 Prestige 5 XP 4840203820909
(
notice how the user with higher XP has the higher rank
)

-
Prestige should not reset lvl / total XP, it should just be an additional feature

---Example: I'm Level 99 +50 Prestige 1
---Example 2: I'm Level 99 +80 Prestige 3

^
Someone may want to forward this part to Jagex, as I believe it resolves all current problems.

18-Oct-2013 06:09:43 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 06:15:05 by RawrGuardian

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top