Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

[#2UVNAH8ZE]

[#2UVNAH8ZE]

Posts: 44 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For players that have gotten experience after level 99, why not just let the extra xp roll over when they prestige (it doesn't have to be all of the xp but maybe for example a certain percentage of the xp rolls over)? This would make it more fair for players who spent time getting 200M xp in a skill.

17-Oct-2013 15:23:31 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 15:24:22 by [#2UVNAH8ZE]

Stinkowing
Jun Member 2006

Stinkowing

Posts: 1,199 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vanagloria said :
I vote 'yes' for the prestige system. I believe the Mods over at Jagex should come to terms with the fact that an overwhelming percentage of their player base consists of reactionary 14-year-olds who do not bother to read the entirety of any given update and contemplate the ideas put forth in a rational way or with any form of depth.

The prestige system is optional and exists as an open concept for those who enjoy the (calming in my opinion) grind of raising their skills beyond its now standard range. There are rewards, which I'm sure do not offer any competitive advantage in-game, and the hi-scores table would exist, again, as an area of (greater) competition.

Your intentions are understandable and much appreciated but I do very much think a mistake is being made in giving so much power to the player-base in regards to what does and does not become a part of the Runescape experience. Additionally a large collection of players come from the "any change is bad change" mindset, refusing to let go of their subjectively "greater" past experiences; the "glory days of Runescape" as some refer to it. Continuing down this path will result in stagnation of more elaborate game content whether it be good or bad. For example:
1) Evolution of Combat update - Met with massive disapproval
2) Interface update - Met with disapproval
3) Bonds - Met with massive disapproval
Even the custom competition was met with hostility in the case of a few players...

That's just my two cents for whatever its worth.

This player needs a medal and a trophy and whatever we can give him for speaking the truth. Seriously, the part I've bolded, I totally agree with.

That said, I voted No for Prestige, in part because of a clicking error...but oh well.
Oh, I almost forgot.
Oh, I already forgot.

17-Oct-2013 15:25:53

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vanagloria said :

Your intentions are understandable and much appreciated but I do very much think a mistake is being made in giving so much power to the player-base in regards to what does and does not become a part of the Runescape experience. Additionally a large collection of players come from the "any change is bad change" mindset, refusing to let go of their subjectively "greater" past experiences; the "glory days of Runescape" as some refer to it. Continuing down this path will result in stagnation of more elaborate game content whether it be good or bad. For example:
Even the custom competition was met with hostility in the case of a few players...

Prestige was a great idea- it was content aimed at the minority of players *those who chase ranks* That would also have a positive effect on the economy and bringing life to old content. Yet the problem with voting was........

1. A majority of the players will never chase ranks and thus will vote no
2. Those with High ranks will also vote no, because they will feel their XP was a waste

That's an awful small window of people to vote yes? How are you going to implement a system to fix the high scores that all players will vote for?

-Your prestige system was a great way to fix the current problems while adding benefits to those who don't participate in chasing ranks, as well as only giving COSMETIC benefits to those who chase ranks. but it's not often people will vote against their interest (200mill xp) or something they don't perceive as a direct benefit to themselves.

-In short letting people vote was silly.-
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 15:26:08

The contents of this message have been hidden.

17-Oct-2013 15:26:33

Songbird
Aug Member 2006

Songbird

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really appreciate Jagex trying to give something to high level and maxed players and letting us vote on the system. I love Runescape, and I enjoy skilling, but the idea of starting over? That sounds like grinding for the sake of grinding to me. I know it's optional, but as one post about the potential system mentioned, some people already treat skill capes like they're nothing. I feel like adding prestige in this form would just make that sentiment worse.

17-Oct-2013 15:27:32

King Bibbler
Jan Member 2016

King Bibbler

Posts: 1,409 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stinkowing said :
Vanagloria said :
I vote 'yes' for the prestige system. I believe the Mods over at Jagex should come to terms with the fact that an overwhelming percentage of their player base consists of reactionary 14-year-olds who do not bother to read the entirety of any given update and contemplate the ideas put forth in a rational way or with any form of depth.

The prestige system is optional and exists as an open concept for those who enjoy the (calming in my opinion) grind of raising their skills beyond its now standard range. There are rewards, which I'm sure do not offer any competitive advantage in-game, and the hi-scores table would exist, again, as an area of (greater) competition.

This player needs a medal and a trophy and whatever we can give him for speaking the truth. Seriously, the part I've bolded, I totally agree with.

That said, I voted No for Prestige, in part because of a clicking error...but oh well.

17-Oct-2013 15:28:01

Nova Thunder
Jul Member 2023

Nova Thunder

Posts: 1,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted "yes", since it's an added goal to the game, and doesn't affect gameplay itself such as lucky items, money, and exp items from spins (Love it with earned spins, hate it with bought spins).

But I do agree with some "no", here. Whilst to point out mostly that skill prestige mostly is only for highscore.

And I do love implication of Bonds, especially when it comes for friends to help each other. But it has a few drawbacks. Such as profit can be one sided, and will less encourage players to help in paying. So a vote for such thing should have existed in my opinion. But I will definitely voted "yes" for that as well, as it's true that it helps against Gold Farmers from getting their real life money, I saw some websites taken effect.

Oh yea to be added, I wish that votes from new accounts to be voided. Since well, it "cheats" the votes.
Runescape player over 10 years - Loves to Quest, and check the lore.

deviantart : thunder-of-light

17-Oct-2013 15:28:28 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 15:32:42 by Nova Thunder

Cinderlynn
Jul Member 2008

Cinderlynn

Posts: 1,011 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not everyone plays this game just to be better than everyone else! I actually prefer quests to skilling! Hey and if people have already managed to get 120 dungeoneering wha is wrong with training the other skills up to that?

17-Oct-2013 15:28:33

Poosie Kat

Poosie Kat

Posts: 272 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So much time and effort has gone into new looks and yet the one old look that hasnt changed is our skill capes! I just cant let this idea go! A 99 skill cape designed specifically to have that "looK" for its skill....im not even interested in this prestige thing

17-Oct-2013 15:29:03

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top