Forums

RE: Political Discussions Thread is locked

Quick find code: 278-279-758-66173001

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoat King said :
That's too vague imo.
Besides, I would imagine the relevant JMods hardly need advice on the matter.
LOL ... but it is meant for The RuneScape Community to know to take into consideration what to expect from moderators and what not to.

09-Aug-2020 14:43:03

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, the following has been completely deleted from the Code of Conduct:

5. Though politics and religion threads are now permitted, they will be moderated to a greater extent than other content as it is easier to cause offence and upset in those subjects.

There is no mention of religion anymore. Does that mean that religion is against the rules or did the person forget to keep religion within the Code of Conduct?

10-Aug-2020 17:23:25

Maynne

Maynne

Forum Moderator Posts: 52,416 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mrs Ana, there is no specific instruction to act against the current religious-themed threads that are already existing in Off Topic section.

Right now, I see no problem with the already existing religion-related threads. The used to be heated arguments within them generally-speaking already died down earlier.

Unofficially, we can say they are grandfathered. New religion-themed threads will be dealed with in a case-to-case basis, but I see no problem on the horizon.

Edit: Nex, my post was a direct response to Mrs Ana's statement, I am not in the agreement of using my post for whatever agenda you have in-mind. If you disagree with whatever an Fmod/Lmod did, go to FMR - you know that fully well. But seems like you made the FMR Jmod unhappy and unconvinced by your multiple past reports there - and that is a public record as the Jmod's responses are publicly readable. I don't think you are in a good position nor good reputation to accuse F/Lmods of misbehavior.

10-Aug-2020 20:08:31 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2020 07:29:24 by Maynne

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maynne said :
Unofficially, we can say they are grandfathered. New religion-themed threads will be dealed with in a case-to-case basis, but I see no problem on the horizon.
Ah yes, the good old "If any of the mods want to participate in the thread, it's a legal thread" rule. I saw that happening directly following the outlaw of political discussions. Threads that were clearly political, not being locked, as specific FMods/CMods wanted to participate in said threads. ^_^

I love unwritten rules! They're so much fun!

>_>
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

10-Aug-2020 22:06:40

Mod Kari

Mod Kari

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Locking this thread. The change was never up for discussion and it's clear this conversation has run its course.
Community Manager

Needs more Ben & Jerrys

11-Aug-2020 08:43:41

Quick find code: 278-279-758-66173001 Back to Top