Forums

RE: Political Discussions Thread is locked

Quick find code: 278-279-758-66173001

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good morning, everyone.

This thread is regarding Mod Kari's new accouncement that political discussions are no longer allowed in Off Topic. See: Political Discussions .

Considering this new rule change, may someone please update the section of the Code of Conduct to include that politics is no longer permitted?

5. Though politics and religion threads are now permitted, they will be moderated to a greater extent than other content as it is easier to cause offence and upset in those subjects.

Thanks.

31-Jul-2020 15:12:13

Mexk
Aug
fmod Member

Mexk

Forum Moderator Posts: 19,605 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These changes will be made as soon as possible :) .
¸,.•
Mexk
•.,¸

Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone
¨`'°«„¸¸„»°'
'°«„¸¸„»°'´¨

31-Jul-2020 17:07:58

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't copy the quote as it's a locked thread but:

Mod Kari:
The Code of Conduct page will be updated shortly to reflect this change.

Kari didn't have time to sort it out today but said it should be next week.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

31-Jul-2020 17:10:49 - Last edited on 31-Jul-2020 17:11:40 by Rooh

Maynne

Maynne

Forum Moderator Posts: 52,416 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There were valid reasons why political discussions were allowed. But the reason we don't get that good stuff in RSOF now is because everytime a level of restriction is lifted- it gets abused.

It is some perennial troublesome people spoiling it at the expense of well behaved forumers.

edit: Aeroxmaster, all I can say is not everyone played well to keep the leniency relevant unfortunately. Jagex had no choice but to recall the leniency, it was a privilege to talk about politics & religion in OT. Given that some persistent noisy perenial troublemakers refused to follow the line. They danced to the tune of their own music, and if they are stopped by a mod -- they will just use another throw-away account, rinse and repeat. Throw-away accounts are not genuine forumers, they are just here to continue the trouble.

01-Aug-2020 08:07:59 - Last edited on 01-Aug-2020 15:39:06 by Maynne

Aeroxmaster

Aeroxmaster

Posts: 8,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maynne said :
There were valid reasons why political discussions were allowed. But the reason we don't get that good stuff in RSOF now is because everytime a level of restriction is lifted- it gets abused.

It is some perennial troublesome people spoiling it at the expense of well behaved forumers.

I feel like you may have a different opinion on this decision compared to the typical currently being displayed within this thread, but don't necessarily feel comfortable sharing that fully here for whatever reason. Not 100% sure on that one though...

For the record, I enjoyed reading your responses across threads within OT.

Personally, I originally questioned why religion and politics were ever allowed into OT in the first place by Jagex, although never really openly espoused this viewpoint. However now, in contrast, I do personally question why exactly politics has now been banned.

I have my suspicions, however I'm not going to go debating them within this specific thread right now, as I know I'll probably get jumped on by a lot of people. I may address the issue at a later date.

01-Aug-2020 09:28:50

Quick find code: 278-279-758-66173001 Back to Top