Forums

RE: Political Discussions Thread is locked

Quick find code: 278-279-758-66173001

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Dong U Dead, do you mind citing a thread or threads that may reference what you are speaking about? I'm fully aware (and I'm sure others are too) of the political threads and their discussions prior to politics being outlawed. Is it possible for you to provide us with some examples so that we are better able to assess what you are sharing with us? Thanks.

06-Aug-2020 17:32:16

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mrs Ana said :
@Dong U Dead, do you mind citing a thread or threads that may reference what you are speaking about? I'm fully aware (and I'm sure others are too) of the political threads and their discussions prior to politics being outlawed. Is it possible for you to provide us with some examples so that we are better able to assess what you are sharing with us? Thanks.

No, I am not going hunting for them. Haven't got time. Moderators and forumers know exactly what I am talking about. Not sure if it happens as much today as it did in the past. Also, I don't believe it would be allowed and bring in threads or posts that have negative undertones also it wouldn't go smoothly.

Edited post to add to it.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

06-Aug-2020 17:46:46 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2020 18:02:24 by Dong U Dead

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Dong U Dead said :
No, I am not going hunting for them. Haven't got time. Moderators and forumers know exactly what I am talking about. Not sure if it happens as much today as it did in the past.
All right. If that's the case, then please try to stick to the thread's topic, which is politics in Off-Topic, instead of mentioning something else that's not related and that we are unable to reference to. Thanks ^_^ .

06-Aug-2020 18:00:04

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mrs Ana said :
Dong U Dead said :
No, I am not going hunting for them. Haven't got time. Moderators and forumers know exactly what I am talking about. Not sure if it happens as much today as it did in the past.
All right. If that's the case, then please try to stick to the thread's topic, which is politics in Off-Topic, instead of mentioning something else that's not related and that we are unable to reference to. Thanks ^_^ .

I don't believe it is off-topic.
Your opening post stated
5. Though politics and religion threads are now permitted,
they will be moderated to a greater extent than other content as it is easier to cause offence and upset in those subjects
Throughout the forums people get upset, it doesn't take politics for this to happen - I would say people get upset more in other topics.

I don't understand if I show you threads and topics I can carry on my conversation and it's appropriate, because I can't and/or won't it's not allowed?? This doesn't make sense.

Also, other people are discussing how they want politics back in OT others agree that politics don't belong. There is a discussion going on and I have put my two cents worth in too which I think is relevant.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

06-Aug-2020 18:12:20 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2020 18:14:15 by Dong U Dead

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I opted to remove 1 off topic post.

Lets all try and keep it nice and civil please.

Cheers.

Edited to add.

5. Though politics and religion threads are now permitted, they will be moderated to a greater extent than other content as it is easier to cause offence and upset in those subjects.

The above line in the CoC will be changed very soon. Only a hand full of people can change it and they are very busy. So it's on the list of things to do when time permits. ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

06-Aug-2020 18:18:03 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2020 18:27:44 by Tuffty

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

@Dong U Dead, Hi again.

The purpose of this thread was to let Mod Kari know that since the rules were changed in Off-Topic, this ought to be reflected on the Forums Code of Conduct. I presume that people also took the liberty to utilize this thread to discuss the pros and cons of removing political debates from Off-Topic. That's completely fine.

However, with what you are pushing, you are referencing something totally different than what is at hand. You are referring to other arguments throughout the Forums that have nothing to do with the recent removal of political topics. This is why whatever you shared, without evidence, is unrelated to the topic that's being exposed here. I asked for evidence/proof because it'd allow us to properly opine on your opinion. If you are unable to provide us with some kind of example(s), then whatever you share is baseless. We cannot give you an opinion on something that we have no idea about. This is why I asked for your proof.

I'm going to quote what I shared with you on your previous thread here Double Standards :

"Additionally, I wanted to say that it'd be nice if you were able to provide examples of these circumstances that you are mentioning on your first post. You should provide these "facts" to allow us to see your point and where you are coming from. If these are only claims with no evidence whatsoever, then it's pointless because we are unable to see what exactly you are referring to. In this case, they become baseless accusations. I had to personally look for those threads and add them here to be able to share my opinion with you and also share it with others here so that they are able to engage in the conversation, if they choose to."

You are more than welcome to create your own thread discussing your concerns, as Mod Kari advised on the thread I quoted above. My thread is regarding the removal of politics in Off-Topic. I want to keep it this way.

Thanks ^_^ .

06-Aug-2020 18:23:11

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Dong U Dead said :
Also, other people are discussing how they want politics back in OT others agree that politics don't belong. There is a discussion going on and I have put my two cents worth in too which I think is relevant.
Yes, this is completely fine because it's related to the thread's topic. This thread may be used to discuss the removal of political discussions, the pros and cons of such action and, if people so desire, the discussion of possibly bring it back; however, I am sure that everyone would agree that the possibility of bring it back are close to zero.

If you do wish to elaborate further on your concerns, then by all means you may always create a thread to discuss them. I'm more than happy to engage in a conversation with you as long as it is done properly and on its own thread. Considering that what you are wishing to share is unrelated to the removal of politics in Off-Topic and that you are unable to provide us with examples that would allow us to give you an unbiased opinion, that's why I said we should keep to the thread's topic.

I enjoy reading your threads and engaging with them, as I have done on your previous one quoted above. I love conversations that make me think further before I respond; however, these must be done properly and evidence/proof/examples should be provided so that the audience is able to assess what I am sharing without any bias. This is what I was getting at.

06-Aug-2020 18:30:51

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Southeaster said :
They should have never allowed politics to be discussed in the forums. These are the forums for a computer game , for heaven's sake.
I believe Southeaster's post has validity: These Forums are meant to discuss a computer game and even though politics were allowed at some point, I wholeheartedly believe that this place is not the appropriate location for such discussions. If someone is really interested in sharing their political views, then they are more than welcome to search for other venues whose main purpose is to house political topics, such as many political sub-reddits that are readily available at Reddit.

06-Aug-2020 18:48:45

Stoat King

Stoat King

Posts: 5,075 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I remember discussing it and the time and agreeing wholeheartedly with Southeaster.
Whilst I did enjoy some aspects of the political discussions, its still a point that has merit.

I suppose one downside now is that its become more controversial.
I suppose time will tell.
Fifi makes a good point about where the line is drawn about 'what is politics'.
I know a couple of people who enjoy telling me that 'everything is politics'.
Possibly they are just saying that to piss me off though

06-Aug-2020 19:00:23

Quick find code: 278-279-758-66173001 Back to Top