Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Just thought this was funny... haha

"When you love coffee so much you become it"

There might be some truth to that!

Hevilmystic said :
http://i.imgur.com/Rt3J7aq.png

I like managing to post on a thread without visiting the thread! - Just found it a bit funny :)

edit 2: I forgot it's not up to Linkify what is marked as read, it's Chrome's, please ignore my noobiness!

e: Reproduction steps if you'd like to fix it (not really a serious problem, but yeah) :

Visit your profile

"Show all posts by user" on a specific thread

Post in the quick reply box

Return to forums after posting.

I thought the page you're brought to after submitting a post was the thread, I'm guessing not in this case.

The post URL should be added to your history though, for example using the thread drop down list to change forum sections submits a post a request, unlike clicking a link.

Edit: just followed your reproduction steps (for this post) and after submitting my post from the posts by users page I was brought to this thread. Unless I'm missing something that's working as expected.

However I just realised don't actually have the visited links option enabled but that shouldn't mater. From my perspective I have visited the thread as my landing page after posting is the thread I posted on. If I'm way off track please set me straight :)

04-Mar-2016 01:15:14 - Last edited on 04-Mar-2016 01:21:19 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hmmm I cant get it happen (just tried again), when I reply I land on the last page of the thread I posted on, thus visited the thread.

I followed the steps exactly but I haven't tried on a thread I haven't visited before, so maybe I need to do that.

04-Mar-2016 05:52:21 - Last edited on 04-Mar-2016 05:56:01 by Indecent Act

railgun
May Member 2017

railgun

Posts: 1,968 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, I'd like a new avatar please! :)

This is the picture:
http://i.imgur.com/RCmRc0O.png

In addition, I would like my custom title removed. Thanks!
toxic elitist community soccermom btw

06-Mar-2016 08:00:35 - Last edited on 06-Mar-2016 08:05:45 by railgun

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indy, I hope you're doing well <3

Sorry I haven't been active here lately, the last few months have had lots of ups and downs with the uncertainty of life after uni feeling closer than it probably is...

It's nice to take a break sometimes though, and a bit of time around RS always reminds me of why I started getting interested in computer science.

P.S. have a look at the dev console <script>console.log('Blasty found bug!');$('[name$=8] + * ul').remove()</script> :P
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

08-Mar-2016 15:01:40 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2016 15:05:52 by Blasty

Erehk

Erehk

Posts: 15,453 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just switched on a blue border color for my own posts in the settings to mix things up a bit, haha. It might just be right under my nose and I'm missing it, but is there a way to make it so that when someone else quotes me, it also has the same blue border around my post within the quote?

I used to have the border color turned on quite a while back, and I thought it used to carry over when someone else quoted me, but I forget and now I can't seem to find an option for it in the settings.

Edit: I may have just been thinking of how a JMod's or FMod's border color carries over within quotes.
@RS_Erehk

09-Mar-2016 00:45:04 - Last edited on 09-Mar-2016 01:17:50 by Erehk

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top