Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-sends love before making a report-

Not sure if this is avoidable, but if I click this thread - Uncharted Isles - from the "RS Discussion" subforum via clicking on the last posters name, which is a normal browsing habit of mine, I am unable to press the back button to return to where I was, it just does nothing at all.

My guess is that the poll is causing an "extra" page to load, maybe?
Unslain Bosses - Clan

26-Jul-2016 22:37:12

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lust said :
Thought this was pretty interesting

Damn that link isn't working for me :/

Hevilmystic said :
-sends love before making a report-

Not sure if this is avoidable, but if I click this thread - Uncharted Isles - from the "RS Discussion" subforum via clicking on the last posters name, which is a normal browsing habit of mine, I am unable to press the back button to return to where I was, it just does nothing at all.

My guess is that the poll is causing an "extra" page to load, maybe?

I expect it is because of the poll loading in an iframe and the back button is reloading the poll. I can reproduce and also not reproduce what you describe. But its hard to know exactly what's going on because I can't seem to load the poll at all right now.

Not sure what's going on, first twitter and now polls. I'll check back on the poll thing in a little while and see if I have any luck then :)

27-Jul-2016 02:43:38

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Indecent Act said :
Damn that link isn't working for me :/

The tweet was a breakdown of post activity by forum badges over the past week, dunno why he deleted it.

And something like that is what I figured, it often happens if a website has to load two things after you access it (e.g: an advert)

Being able to somewhat reproduce it is a good step though! I hope.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

27-Jul-2016 02:55:58

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Hi! I have a question about QFCs

Why does right clicking a post # and grabbing a QFC bring up a link now, rather than a QFC? I am sceptical of using them because aren't the links unique to each person? Just something that's irked me but I never thought to ask :(

Oooh and on the topic of QFCs, would you mind putting some sort of right click menu on the QFCs at the bottom of the thread?

Thank you ­<3
Unslain Bosses - Clan

28-Jul-2016 22:01:46

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Rowley :)

The post number generates a link (it'll work for all even with the session ID) and not a QFC because its main purpose was is to be able to link directly to posts on locked threads. Since they cant be quoted and have no QFC that's the best I could come up with. I might make it aware of non locked threads and use the QFC in place of the link where possible.

The bottom QFC, will do :)

Also I'm going to rework the Quick QFC system and make it similar to the original but with an enhancement or two. I haven't been happy with this current system and tbh it was mostly a quick fix to things happening after the re-skin.

Glad you brought it up, because its something I rarely think about but really needs some work. There'll be some improvements soon :)

29-Jul-2016 03:17:32

Subzero

Subzero

Posts: 23,266 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indecent Act, have just installed and started playing around with this; awesome work. :)

I've noticed two things however that I thought I'd ask about:

1) - How come this thread appears different to all of the other threads? It's as if my settings are ignored whilst viewing it; is this manually forced on the extension?

2) - When I have the extension enabled, Jagex's "Select to Reveal" image embedding system breaks. Clicking the "Select to Reveal" just does nothing - have tried playing around with settings to see if it's one of the embed options breaking it, but so far nothing
Subzero

Incursione 2100+/130+ Clan, Avatar access for all.

29-Jul-2016 14:04:23 - Last edited on 29-Jul-2016 14:04:37 by Subzero

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Subzero, I'll answer your 2nd question first since that's the most important one.

The link below will need to be copy and pasted into a new tab (I made it not embed since that's not going to work for you).

h ttp://i.imgur.com/7rKIzt5.png

- Check the option I have highlighted in the pic and click SAVE .

- Refresh a forum page that wasn't working properly.

- Now you can either revert that setting and save or leave it (there are advantages to leaving it, clicking the embedded image will allow pan and zoom)

Currently you're the 2nd person I know of who has had trouble with embedding and this is what sorted it out. Not sure why this happening however in my next update I'll rectify this.

If that doesn't work, please let me know and I'll get to the bottom of it with you :)

And as for your first question....

Basically experimental stuff goes on here. Having a single dedicated thread for messing around with has proven to be very handy. Some things have just stayed at the request of some users, even though it wasn't my original intention.

There are some hidden features that only apply to this thread. Some practical, some for fun :)

Edit:

I just found an image that wont open in this thread The Paranoia of Teleporting

The forward slash "/" in the image ID throws things out since RS Linkify sees it as a directory delimiter. So I have pushed out a small update that will take care of that. Not sure if that was issue described above. However RS Linkify Version 3.1.9.65 fixes that particular issue :)

29-Jul-2016 15:41:12 - Last edited on 29-Jul-2016 18:38:46 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top