Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I guess I was off the forums long enough to completely miss anything that was broken, because it's still all the same to me. Just lurking around today..

My Version Info...

RS-Linkify Version: 3.1.9.64
Chrome Version: 52.0.2743.82
Compiled for: Win32
Language: en-US

I saw this thing and wanted to try it. Are there other commands that you put in?

23-Jul-2016 17:04:27 - Last edited on 23-Jul-2016 17:06:38 by Klyntar

Sharp-shin

Sharp-shin

Posts: 41,301 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well I've been trying to fix this one problem and I'm fairly sure that linkify isn't the issue, but I gotta ask anyway since nothing else has helped:

See the part-grey, part-purple bars above each subforum group? Obviously, they shouldn't be there.

My linkify version is 3.1.9.64 and I tried disabling it, but the bars still remain; could removing linkify entirely possibly solve it, or is simply disabling it the only way that could possibly help if the issue was with linkify?

(Also Chrome is at the latest version, updating it didn't fix, tried disabling all other extensions, didn't fix, on Firefox works fine but obviously, I wanna use Chrome.)
"Volat Accipiter libera est; venandi sua natura est."
~Accipiter striatus

23-Jul-2016 18:21:23 - Last edited on 23-Jul-2016 18:22:45 by Sharp-shin

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, if you disabled Linkify and the bars still appear, it's something on your end. When you disable an extension, it stops working altogether. I don't know as much as Indy does but go to Chrome settings and in the search bar, write: hardware acceleration (as shown in the pic below).
Tick that option off if it's on OR tick it on if it's off. It probably won't make a difference, but worth a try :)

http://i.imgur.com/iRcOFQf.png

23-Jul-2016 19:23:06 - Last edited on 23-Jul-2016 19:27:14 by Morgan

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tried disabling ALL your extensions in Chrome to see if one of them is causing problems?
Tried clearing your Chrome cache?
If the two above don't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome entirely.

23-Jul-2016 19:48:21 - Last edited on 23-Jul-2016 19:51:49 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
I'm sorry if this sounds offensive, but I hate that they've finally added a feature we have wanted for years, and yet, we still have to ask you to rectify it... >_>

Oh well, maybe we can have some 21st century features in another decade or so.

Baby steps!

This is update is a step in the right direction for the forums, a welcomed step at that. Perhaps it will be a precursor to more improvements. I look it more as a positive change as far as the rules go and I'm not really looking too much beyond that.

Keighlea said :
Ello's Indy! I bring coffee!! :)

That's what I like to see :)

Whos-Dr said :
Hey
Indecent Act
:)

Something I've added to my own extension that I'm sure Linkify users would benefit from - drag-and-drop over reply box to upload to imgur. (Then generating the link in the reply box)

Might want to avoid the anonymous upload method though - with so many people using it, you could easily hit the request limit.

HTTPs://i.gyazo.com/c31f1234c62be06ae8feb652d7bfbae7.gif (Awkward gif - took so long to upload image to imgur, it never got to show picture on the page x3)

That's quite a nice idea, I was thinking about having RS Linkify convert all imgur links to the BB code on submit. But that will break image spoilers (something that's used a fair bit here on HLF).

I'll definitely put some more thought into it though, thanks for sharing :)

24-Jul-2016 01:03:36 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2016 06:35:07 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Klyntar said :
I saw this thing and wanted to try it. Are there other commands that you put in?

I did have console for RS Linkify that gave the ability to pull a lot more info, but I have removed it as it was overkill for my needs and no one used it anyway.

Old screenie of it...
HTTP://i.imgur.com/SHkI9YL.png Sharp-shin said :
Nevermind, system restore fixed it :P

Morgan covered that so I have nothing to add except system restore can break RS Linkify depending on where and when things get restored to.

Anyway it sounds as though you have things sorted out, so that's good :)

24-Jul-2016 01:09:13

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top