remove reaper title from comp

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said :
CaptKoloth said :
To be honest, Comp should be replaced with MQC. Been saying it all along. Don't need to be maxed to be a great adventurer. Which is what MQC means. Comp means nothing. Except it looks pretty and has cool features which could be put on MQC.

Would make 0 sense at all, comp gets its stats and utilities from the unlocks you have to do like kiln cape, ardy cape etc but MQC does not require those. MQC is so much easier to obtain, you gotta be trolling to make such a suggestion.

The cape is overpowered and the requirements you mentioned are not that hard to obtain. The issues is there are two many tedious nooby requirements. Not that the cape requires any skill to obtain. Heck people bot, account share, and leach off others to get some of the requirements. The issue is that comp lost its luster the day it was released. Noobs lusted and cheated for it. Means nothing. Years ago, I had more respect for the level 88s who could obtain and maintain quest cape. Even though cb level or skills were base levels, they maintained the cape with dignity and respect. Quest was basically cosmetic. But they were proud of it. That is what MQC could become. Comp is and always was just a brag cape. Heck people wear it as an override and just show it off bank standing.

24-Sep-2018 14:21:19 - Last edited on 24-Sep-2018 14:24:32 by CaptKoloth

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said :
CaptKoloth said :

Your last comment made it seem like you wanted to replaced comp reqs with mqc reqs.

Yes I have not been very clear. Comp presently has a lot of issues. Because players seem to misunderstand it was never meant for everybody. But was a special cape for the player who was/is interested in the ultimate challenges of the game. I have always believed the name never fit. I even felt a more appropriate name would of been Ultimate Adventurer. Which is the master of quests. Quests are not just the quests which are set stories. But anything that needs to be conquered.

25-Sep-2018 04:56:22 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2018 04:57:07 by CaptKoloth

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Apparently they are going to be making a story mode for comp/reaper for solak & future bosses (see time stamp)

https://youtu.be/ZtvnOsi9SeU?t=1868

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’

°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

14-Oct-2018 08:00:35

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Astral Henry said :
They should keep reaper for comp cape now that i got my comp back :x
Lol'd...
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

16-Oct-2018 23:44:38

Big Storms

Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
UrekMazino said :
CaptKoloth said :
To be honest, Comp should be replaced with MQC. Been saying it all along. Don't need to be maxed to be a great adventurer. Which is what MQC means. Comp means nothing. Except it looks pretty and has cool features which could be put on MQC.

Would make 0 sense at all, comp gets its stats and utilities from the unlocks you have to do like kiln cape, ardy cape etc but MQC does not require those. MQC is so much easier to obtain, you gotta be trolling to make such a suggestion.

The cape is overpowered and the requirements you mentioned are not that hard to obtain. The issues is there are two many tedious nooby requirements. Not that the cape requires any skill to obtain. Heck people bot, account share, and leach off others to get some of the requirements. The issue is that comp lost its luster the day it was released. Noobs lusted and cheated for it. Means nothing. Years ago, I had more respect for the level 88s who could obtain and maintain quest cape. Even though cb level or skills were base levels, they maintained the cape with dignity and respect. Quest was basically cosmetic. But they were proud of it. That is what MQC could become. Comp is and always was just a brag cape. Heck people wear it as an override and just show it off bank standing.

Two things:

1. The MQC has a kiln cape requirement (Three's A Kiln)

2. For the love of everything, keep the MQC cosmetic (or at least do not buff it more)!! If it were to have the boosts of the comp cape, the efficiency focused community will rush to get the cape using any means possible, just as you have described many did for the comp cape. I would hate to see the MQC devalued that way.
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

17-Oct-2018 09:47:57 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2018 09:48:29 by Big Storms

railgun
May Member 2017

railgun

Posts: 1,968 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After doing over 100 Solak kills, this really isn't a difficult boss to get a hang of and the boss has been sped up numerous times so kills don't take forever now. In addition 7 mans are way easier than ever before. Duo isn't very difficult either as long as one of you is competent.

I fail to understand why there are still people complaining about this. Everything about Solak has been figured out by now. Even if you're just leeching or getting carried for a kill, it's straightforward. There's no randomness to Solak at all.
toxic elitist community soccermom btw

22-Oct-2018 22:55:56

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
railgun said :
After doing over 100 Solak kills, this really isn't a difficult boss to get a hang of and the boss has been sped up numerous times so kills don't take forever now. In addition 7 mans are way easier than ever before. Duo isn't very difficult either as long as one of you is competent.

I fail to understand why there are still people complaining about this. Everything about Solak has been figured out by now. Even if you're just leeching or getting carried for a kill, it's straightforward. There's no randomness to Solak at all.

It's almost like doing something 100 times in a row makes you better at it. Weird how that happens.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•