remove reaper title from comp

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602

Sci
Aug Member 2008

Sci

Posts: 612 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vaseth said :
[..]
making things like that would end up in getting runescore for standing on top of the wildy alter at 3.43am wearing a santa and eating a shrimp - its totally arbitrary and has no place being called an "achievement" as they make a mockery of the achievement system
Mockery my left foot. Achievements for random stupid/silly things has been around since the first games to have an achievement system and are only excluded in games where the devs have a large stick up their collective ass.
Look in the spoiler.
Why are you taking orders from a signature?

09-Sep-2018 17:15:56 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2018 17:16:56 by Sci

BLOODDlAMOND
Jun Member 2023

BLOODDlAMOND

Posts: 1,829 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A naa said :
I do think its good that they have the reaper title as part of the comp cape as you are a completionist which entitles killing all the bosses.

Except the Comp cape has
never
entailed completing the game. Neither has Comp (t) incidentally. It's a misnomer. It should never have been called "Completionist" and I really don't understand the thinking behind the name. All it does is give you and others like you a tired argument to trot out every time someone tries to have a discussion about Comp or about capes in general.

And there are problems with capes. It needs to be dealt with. Again with me not understanding why it isn't looked at. But like combat and like other things Jagex seem to just bury their heads in the sand and hope it will all go away. Which is a triumph of hope over experience...
"Howard, I think you of all people should avoid espousing the principle that if something is not our favourite we should just get rid of it." ~ Sheldon Cooper

17-Sep-2018 03:47:58

Rocky Horror

Rocky Horror

Posts: 2,832 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A naa said :
I do think its good that they have the reaper title as part of the comp cape as you are a completionist which entitles killing all the bosses.

Have you unlocked everything from PoF ?

All upgrades to seedicide/herbicide ? The new title?
If it's locked, it's incomplete!

23-Sep-2018 11:00:49

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BLOODDlAMOND said :
A naa said :

Except the Comp cape has
never
entailed completing the game. Neither has Comp (t) incidentally. It's a misnomer. It should never have been called "Completionist" and I really don't understand the thinking behind the name. All it does is give you and others like you a tired argument to trot out every time someone tries to have a discussion about Comp or about capes in general.

And there are problems with capes. It needs to be dealt with. Again with me not understanding why it isn't looked at. But like combat and like other things Jagex seem to just bury their heads in the sand and hope it will all go away. Which is a triumph of hope over experience...

To be honest, Comp should be replaced with MQC. Been saying it all along. Don't need to be maxed to be a great adventurer. Which is what MQC means. Comp means nothing. Except it looks pretty and has cool features which could be put on MQC.

23-Sep-2018 19:19:42 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2018 19:20:28 by CaptKoloth

UrekMazino
Aug Member 2023

UrekMazino

Posts: 7,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
To be honest, Comp should be replaced with MQC. Been saying it all along. Don't need to be maxed to be a great adventurer. Which is what MQC means. Comp means nothing. Except it looks pretty and has cool features which could be put on MQC.

Would make 0 sense at all, comp gets its stats and utilities from the unlocks you have to do like kiln cape, ardy cape etc but MQC does not require those. MQC is so much easier to obtain, you gotta be trolling to make such a suggestion.
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas .

24-Sep-2018 02:13:53

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602 Back to Top