Forums

remove reaper title from comp

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602

Big Storms

Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The suggestion of the OP does not solve the core problem of the completionist cape. Singularity worded the problem perfectly on page 2 of this thread: the current way the completionist cape works drives people to complete content they dislike purely for the cape, in many cases rushing it (these leeches are a perfect example).
This rushing mentality in turn completely devalues content as well (120 slayer used to be rare and now every completionist has it since it has become a requirement..)

In short, the cape invokes unhealthy play in many people. Singularity also rightfully pointed out how little of the actual game these capes cover: I remember seeing a trimmed completionist with around 12000 runescore, while the max runescore at the time was around 20000 (yes runescore is bugged but that does not close this huge gap).

I am open to drastic changes such as splitting up the cape: make the capes relate to specific sections of the game such as skilling, combat and exploration, much like how the MQC relates to questing and lore, thus making players more likely to go after a cape which involves content they enjoy.

Or make the cape relate to the percentage of the total runescore, thereby giving players some freedom in how they obtain the cape and allowing the ability to get a higher percentage of achievements done to keep it even when new achievements are released (though I guess I might be biased here as an achievement hunter).

I have even opted for discontinuing the cape, but given how there is also a significant portion of players enjoying the completionist capes and how these capes keep people playing the game this is not a realistic solution.

All in all the completionist cape does have issues in its current state and while there may be potential solutions to this, all of these will probably upset a portion of players (even the one suggested by the OP).
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

21-Aug-2018 10:39:39

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
the main thing wrong is its name.
there should be no way to win runescape.
it should never end. you should never complete it.
play this shit forever yo.

I neeeeeeed that cape. It does way too much stuff I rely on. I can't play without it.
Little shit yknow, but I mg instead of tab. I could go back to old way, but omg why?

Change name of it to somethin askew but cool.
Like...
Angrboda's Tallith

or
Ozan's Serape
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

21-Aug-2018 16:11:55

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Big Storms, I said all Singularity said years ago. Not only has Completionist devalued skills, it devalued the game as a whole. Made the game less fun to play. Pushed more people just to buy keys to get 120s too. Actually Slayer really has not been a rare cape for years either. Since the TH event where people were buying keys to get like 57mil exp in a pop. Also, updates like Prif just gave quicker ways to get 120s and 200mil skills. Checkout the new area in OSRS sometime. It really is the type of update RS3 needs. Also some of the other updates they are planning.

Oh and maybe the cape should be named after the mage on the statue we built. Since the cape was his.

21-Aug-2018 17:31:34 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2018 17:42:02 by CaptKoloth

UrekMazino
Aug Member 2023

UrekMazino

Posts: 7,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Koloth, is that problem with devaluing skills really comp's fault or MTX? There are plenty of players who trained their skills legitimately. As for priff and other faster skilling methods, I feel like its just a natural progression any game evolves. °l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas .

25-Aug-2018 03:48:14

Big Storms

Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UrekMazino said :
@Koloth, is that problem with devaluing skills really comp's fault or MTX?

It is both: the completionist cape gives a lot of people the urge to rush skills just to keep it, while MTX is one of the means by which they can do so.
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

27-Aug-2018 09:47:56

Derack
Jul Member 2013

Derack

Posts: 3,066 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
Comp is a joke

come play OSRS, we don't have the damn slavery cape

*osrs max cape looks around the corner at you*

But really.
I say remove reaper and any other group content for it. Make another version of the comp cape (bronze trim?) or something for solo players to obtain. Beside, once you got gold trim you still havend trully done everything on RS. The title is indeed misleading.

I once owned comp cape, but when raids came out... Havend really bothered with it anymore, and honestly, i don't really concern myself with it anymore. I'm glad i once achieved it.
Lets be honest here.. at the end of the day, it's just another cape, even if it's the best it's still just another cape.
"If you believe you can distance yourself from the harm you cause, you're deluding yourself. You're not some mindless tool. You're accountable. Your actions will catch up with you eventually." -Jedi Master Jun Seros; Swtor Bounty Hunter storyline.

27-Aug-2018 18:44:18

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Derack said :
The title is indeed misleading.

and it causes people to have sticks up their asses about how 'elite' they are
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

27-Aug-2018 19:52:37

Sal J

Sal J

Posts: 3,771 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I feel that one of the main reasons people play ironman isn't just because of the ironman mode exclusively, but because it is without TH and the sordid gist MTX gives too.

That's why I think lot of people dislike completionist cape as well, in the same vein.
Never drop a valuable item.

Ikki blaka niður virðismikil ting.

30-Aug-2018 19:52:21 - Last edited on 30-Aug-2018 19:53:16 by Sal J

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602 Back to Top