Forums

remove reaper title from comp

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602

Tom Grey

Tom Grey

Posts: 7,213 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
So tired of Comp Cape posts. Comp ruined game. EOC made game unbalanced. Chee is right. OSRS is more enjoyable because it actually has good updates and it does not have stupid Comp Cape. Which was supposed to be for exclusive players anyway. All that happened was any old also ran decided they should have one.

OSRS has max cape, and it doesn't matter that its cosmetic. People go for it.

I support reaper off comp cape. All it does is forces players who are not into intense pvm to spend a day of their life killing the boss (or leech), and just forget about it.

I own comp by the way and see no reason why killing a boss 1ce is a requirement for the cape? Just because I didn't get some kwuarms from SOLAK, doesn't mean that I have not completed all CONTENT in the game. The title makes more sense on trim cape.

05-Aug-2018 15:57:11

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom Grey said :
I own comp by the way and see no reason why killing a boss 1ce is a requirement for the cape?

It's there to prove your ability to kill bosses, to show your skills in combat. If you can't take it down, the cape deems you unworthy of wearing the cape. It's not about loot.

Max cape is better than comp to pursue as a goal for one simple reason: it doesn't force you to do content you don't like in order to keep wearing it after you've unlocked it. Comp, by design, is a cape that will make you do stuff you hate in order to keep it on your back because not only do you have to pursue it to just unlock it, you then have to continue maintaining it. This is because of its requirements. A lot of content can affect it since it wants you to interact with most parts of the game regularly.

The only time you'll ever be asked to do something to maintain Max cape is if a new skill comes out. Only then will Max be taken away from you until you max the skill out. Otherwise, it's yours for the keeping until that happens. No other content can affect it. You can practically wear it for years on end before having to do anything more for it. It's the more stable cape.

Owning a comp does not mean you've completed the game btw. The cape doesn't cover even half the things you can do in this game. Its name is misleading which is another problem in itself. The cape isn't about game completion really, it's just something that can ask you to do whatever it sees fit and you can't argue against it. You have no control over what it asks you to do.

05-Aug-2018 17:50:52 - Last edited on 05-Aug-2018 17:52:17 by Singularity

Wacky Farmer
Jul Member 2007

Wacky Farmer

Posts: 21,926 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
how about a gold sink :o

if wanna remove a boss kill from reaper w/e tier that boss is so say

godwar 1 boss (no clue why would wanna do that) cost like 100k-1m

rise of the six tier boss 5-10m

raids/solak/rax 50m-100m

yes players could under cut the prices but still think more people will go with none trust trade way
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

05-Aug-2018 18:53:35

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wacky Farmer said :
how about a gold sink :o

if wanna remove a boss kill from reaper w/e tier that boss is so say

godwar 1 boss (no clue why would wanna do that) cost like 100k-1m

rise of the six tier boss 5-10m

raids/solak/rax 50m-100m

yes players could under cut the prices but still think more people will go with none trust trade way

People like you need to stop talking.

If you can't do a boss then stop trying to comp. Making the cape buyable, just like everything else, is the surest way to kill this game.
Ironman: Autark

06-Aug-2018 16:10:29

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom Grey said :
CaptKoloth said :
So tired of Comp Cape posts. Comp ruined game. EOC made game unbalanced. Chee is right. OSRS is more enjoyable because it actually has good updates and it does not have stupid Comp Cape. Which was supposed to be for exclusive players anyway. All that happened was any old also ran decided they should have one.

OSRS has max cape, and it doesn't matter that its cosmetic. People go for it.

I support reaper off comp cape. All it does is forces players who are not into intense pvm to spend a day of their life killing the boss (or leech), and just forget about it.

I own comp by the way and see no reason why killing a boss 1ce is a requirement for the cape? Just because I didn't get some kwuarms from SOLAK, doesn't mean that I have not completed all CONTENT in the game. The title makes more sense on trim cape.

I honestly think that because there is a lack of a true dangerous pvp requirement, comp lacks. I still believe pvp can be harder than pvm because you can predict what a monster will do. But you cannot predict what a human will do. Unfortunately, the true pvp days are gone. But I used to find it fun and the true challenge in the game.

06-Aug-2018 18:07:22 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2018 18:08:23 by CaptKoloth

Tom Grey

Tom Grey

Posts: 7,213 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
Tom Grey said :
I own comp by the way and see no reason why killing a boss 1ce is a requirement for the cape?

It's there to prove your ability to kill bosses, to show your skills in combat. If you can't take it down, the cape deems you unworthy of wearing the cape. It's not about loot.

Max cape is better than comp to pursue as a goal for one simple reason: it doesn't force you to do content you don't like in order to keep wearing it after you've unlocked it. Comp, by design, is a cape that will make you do stuff you hate in order to keep it on your back because not only do you have to pursue it to just unlock it, you then have to continue maintaining it. This is because of its requirements. A lot of content can affect it since it wants you to interact with most parts of the game regularly.

The only time you'll ever be asked to do something to maintain Max cape is if a new skill comes out. Only then will Max be taken away from you until you max the skill out. Otherwise, it's yours for the keeping until that happens. No other content can affect it. You can practically wear it for years on end before having to do anything more for it. It's the more stable cape.

Owning a comp does not mean you've completed the game btw. The cape doesn't cover even half the things you can do in this game. Its name is misleading which is another problem in itself. The cape isn't about game completion really, it's just something that can ask you to do whatever it sees fit and you can't argue against it. You have no control over what it asks you to do.

"Prove my ability to kills bosses."
Let me kill any boss in the game 1ce to do it. There I proved that I can.

07-Aug-2018 01:16:23 - Last edited on 07-Aug-2018 01:27:33 by Tom Grey

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom Grey said :
Singularity said :
Tom Grey said :

If somebody is leaching or getting somebody else to do it for them does not prove anything.

07-Aug-2018 01:59:24

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom Grey said :
Singularity said :
Tom Grey said :

And you must keep on proving you can for all bosses. Killing just one boss means nothing. You can be good at one boss and bad at another. Comp, as it stands, wants you to kill the main bosses. It's not an unreasonable ask. You can see why it's there.

07-Aug-2018 03:05:55

UrekMazino
Aug Member 2023

UrekMazino

Posts: 7,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tom Grey said :

No one is forcing you, you chose to go for the cape.

Tom Grey said :

Comp is now more about completing content that are meaningful (or used to be meaningful), and PvM is definitely a major part of this game and should be a comp req.

Now I know you're going to ask me how is leeching a boss kill meaningful, so I'm going to answer you before you ask it. That is not an inherent problem with the req, its a problem with group PvM. Mod Ramen tried to prevent that by making Solak 2 or 7 man only and not variable group size like AoD, and also tried to make every player have a certain set of responsibilities in the encounter. While they did not ultimately achieve that, there actually people who were willing to let other players to log in to their account to help them get the kill. So its basically impossible to completely prevent leeching.
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas .

07-Aug-2018 03:08:45

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602 Back to Top