Oboi

Posts: 9,663 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
your 3 years late

­

~ Just Say Neigh To The evolution Of Combat #95% Of Rs Population

~ I Am fat, dont hate. ~
http://puu.sh/sfHNj
~ JAGEX BE HAITIN AUSTRALIANS.

~ 1.6m/5000m to remove the sig for life! #therichgetricher Join "Diversive" 2 donate, trust gold

~ I dont have a signature, because there is No artwork on the forums. #L0L

­

07-Aug-2018 15:34:18

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you haven't completed the game unless you own all holiday cosmetics and are a pmod @Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

07-Aug-2018 19:38:39

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ Radio silence. Likely won't be hearing anything until the next big group boss comes out. The talk has died down significantly now that most people just bought a leech for their capes back. It's only really active when leeches cannot be easily bought and that activity tends to prompt a J-mod response. .

10-Aug-2018 01:53:07 - Last edited on 10-Aug-2018 01:53:40 by Singularity

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
The talk has died down significantly now that most people just bought a leech for their capes back. It's only really active when leeches cannot be easily bought and that activity tends to prompt a J-mod response.

Almost like it's damage control

🤔
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

10-Aug-2018 22:22:07

Bloominidiot
Nov Member 2023

Bloominidiot

Posts: 975 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To start off, I am a pre-eoc completionist cape. I found it quite sad how many more things I have to do from eoc until now (yeah sure it has been 4-6 years) to aquire my cape back. The most heartbreaking one was finding out slayer was a 120 skill (assuming it took forever, still takes some time).

I just came back this June and have been slowly figuring out how much "easier" the game has become. Sure learning the ability bar took some time, but a lot of the content has become a lot quicker, to say the least (maxing in general.. for example).
Back in the day, bossing was something that people did for money and I don't recall there being any specific 'boss" tasks for comp, then again it was apparently 27 out of the 69 or whatever reqs there are now.

#1 For all of you suggesting that you must "learn to pvm" for the cape, I find hard to understand. I have gotten the hang of the ability bar quite quickly and have been doing some mediocre high level pvm (telos 100%+ and aod). Now I have watched quite a few guides and solak kills and that boss seems absolutely insane compared to what I have personally done. I haven't been around long enough to see other new comp reqs take time to acquire, but I literally came back the moment solak came out and all I've heard since then is complaining.

#2 I have seen dozens upon dozens of people who simply need a solak kill to "earn" their capes back. Does that really make sense? Look, I'm not suggesting in any way shape or form that PVM isn't a huge part of the game. Lets be honest (from what I've encountered since my return), after max.. PVM is the game. With that being said, I don't find it "fair" that the people who did have comp prior to solak and are "inept" at doing the boss are punished for it until they do so (which could be never). And the whole leeching idea is bogus. You have to survive the boss mechanics which you might as well learn to the full extent (of course it'll cost you...)

TLDR: I think this comp task is bogus

12-Aug-2018 11:09:48

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602 Back to Top