Forums

remove reaper title from comp

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Want to know something hysterical? Infernal Cape is beautiful. But Infernal Max Cape is an Also Ran. Infernal Cape is strong on its own. Combined with Max ruins it.

31-Aug-2018 23:00:21 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2018 23:18:19 by CaptKoloth

Lyrielle
Apr Member 2015

Lyrielle

Posts: 1,677 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xTHICKFILAx said :
this is my main concern primarily for: Telos. Arraxor. I currenty cannot defeat these bossses for the life of me. I've watched countless guides! I want comp cape so any advice appreciated.

What are you struggling with about these bosses, like any phase in particular or using too much food? The first step is to determine what you're struggling with, then look for a solution to that and practice a lot. What gear and weapon are you using? That can make a world of difference as well.

03-Sep-2018 11:28:50

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
xTHICKFILAx said :
this is my main concern primarily for: Telos. Arraxor. I currenty cannot defeat these bossses for the life of me. I've watched countless guides! I want comp cape so any advice appreciated.

Watching guides is the only the first step. They just equip you with the knowledge of what you should be doing and when you should be doing it. Executing the methods you see is another story and is a lot harder.

For these bosses, especially Telos, you must keep going. Try not to panic and keep your cool. Panicking leads to many mistakes such as overeating, forgetting mechanics and other problems that make you underperform.

Find a method you want to use and then practice it every attempt. You'll gradually improve with more attempts. Getting a kill (or kills) is all about finding a method that works for you.

For Telos, memorise his attack rotations. He follows a set pattern every phase (with exception to P5 where it's a bit more random). Knowing this is key as this boss is all about prediction: know what's coming before it comes. Not knowing or forgetting kills you here.

For Araxxor, he's more about DPS and if you want an easier time, pick an easier rotation. Rotation 2/3 is best for learners as there's no minions. I recommend bottom path as you're not in direct contact with the boss on phase 2 which may help newcomers.

Every new kill is about getting used to a method you're trying to execute. Kills go terrible until you perfect the method enough to get kills. This takes time and only gets better with more attempts. No guides can help you with that.

03-Sep-2018 21:24:05

Big Storms

Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd like to use the recent update as an example of why the completionist cape needs to be changed: though I think there are quite a few changes that can be made to player owned farms (and I have not played through much of it yet I'll admit), to me it is clear that a large portion of the discontent is coming from maxed players.
More specifically, I have the high suspicion that we are looking at a perfect example of people trying to rush to get their completionist capes back and complaining about every obstacle they find in their way...
I mean, this update was never meant to be completed in one day, yet people nowadays always have the urge to do so, especially if it is a completionist requirement. I think this is really a shame because having no completionist requirement attached might have really changed the reception of the update:
Then it would have only attracted players actually interested in farming, decreasing the demand for high tier animals and spreading it out over time, thereby making supply catch up with it.

Luckily they only added a minor completionist requirement this time, which means that people will not rush the entirety of the new content. Only people who truly enjoy farming will end up with completed farms.

But as a whole it shows how inherently broken the cape is and how the game would be better off with a completionist overhaul (I am leaning more and more towards a runescore system, but again I am biased).
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

04-Sep-2018 10:21:55

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Big Storms said :
I'd like to use the recent update as an example of why the completionist cape needs to be changed: though I think there are quite a few changes that can be made to player owned farms (and I have not played through much of it yet I'll admit), to me it is clear that a large portion of the discontent is coming from maxed players.
More specifically, I have the high suspicion that we are looking at a perfect example of people trying to rush to get their completionist capes back and complaining about every obstacle they find in their way...
I mean, this update was never meant to be completed in one day, yet people nowadays always have the urge to do so, especially if it is a completionist requirement. I think this is really a shame because having no completionist requirement attached might have really changed the reception of the update:
Then it would have only attracted players actually interested in farming, decreasing the demand for high tier animals and spreading it out over time, thereby making supply catch up with it.

Luckily they only added a minor completionist requirement this time, which means that people will not rush the entirety of the new content. Only people who truly enjoy farming will end up with completed farms.

But as a whole it shows how inherently broken the cape is and how the game would be better off with a completionist overhaul (I am leaning more and more towards a runescore system, but again I am biased).

This is the problem. They make an update and attach a Completionist requirement to it. Instead of actually doing the update because you want to actually do it, you do it because you want a stupid cape.

04-Sep-2018 21:44:54

s hamy

s hamy

Posts: 15,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
just make a new bis cape w/ actual pvm req
let the completionist have their cape w/ trim req. reaper should always be part of completion. you cant really choose what is and what isn't "completion". everything should be included.
Helping since 2006
#Scouse
@shamyrs

06-Sep-2018 01:27:23

Rocky Horror

Rocky Horror

Posts: 2,832 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
s hamy said :
you cant really choose what is and what isn't "completion". everything should be included.

Yet the only POF Req. is the music. Surely everything would at least cover all the unlockable content. If it's not unlocked, it's not been completed.

08-Sep-2018 16:00:21 - Last edited on 08-Sep-2018 16:01:37 by Rocky Horror

Vaseth
Dec Member 2023

Vaseth

Posts: 11,958 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Big Storms said :
: I remember seeing a trimmed completionist with around 12000 runescore, while the max runescore at the time was around 20000 (yes runescore is bugged but that does not close this huge gap).

the problem with this argument is that you get rune score for things like tickling seiryu's nose with a feather, waving at BSD's hand, and talking to the farm cat after it catches 10 mice

these things arnt actual real content, there is no real reason to do these things other than some bored jmod thought it would be funny

making things like that would end up in getting runescore for standing on top of the wildy alter at 3.43am wearing a santa and eating a shrimp - its totally arbitrary and has no place being called an "achievement" as they make a mockery of the achievement system

09-Sep-2018 03:56:32

Quick find code: 259-260-801-66031602 Back to Top