Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
It doesn't. A few friends did some testing over it.

It was documented somewhere on their Wikia profile. Can't remember where it was exactly.

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/User:The_Mol_Man/perks?useskin =o asis#Perk_weight_tables

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Module :P erks/data?useskin =o asis

The same guy did a fair bit of testing, all the links can be found under his comments which he deleted for some reason:

https://m.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/4r1y3i/how_to_fight_rng_when_getting_perks_for_invention/
Questing Clan of Runescape , T7 Citadel, capping not compulsory. Free cabbage.

16-Jul-2016 10:32:30

aSp
Jun Member 2022

aSp

Posts: 8,062 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That is not the only example I have seen, but just the only I have screenied.

In that example I got Geno/Demon slayer twice in 6 with the second pic, but none in 5 with the first combo.
Granted that is a miniscule sample group but it is enough for me to put it in the pausible column until I can afford to debunk it, or see some evidence to prove me wrong.

16-Jul-2016 10:35:08

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But when priority for perks is different it makes sense for perks to be more or less common to get. However, had you been combining 4+1 (or 3+2 or whatever) components, and you notice that the position does not affect the priority, where you end up putting them will make no difference. Hi

16-Jul-2016 10:40:38

aSp
Jun Member 2022

aSp

Posts: 8,062 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When doing 3 zammy and 2 zaros, I find that if I start with 2 zaros I am nearly guaranteed to get Impatient3 if I get a solo trait.
If I start with Zammy, then I am equally likely to get Dev or Impatient as my solo trait.

The only time I have been successful getting Imp3/Dev2 was with a Zammy component selected first, and a Zaros components selected second...and alternating.

Again, me on my own doing tests is not a real huge sample size, but I am going to go with plausible.

The best evidence other than my own game play, is some saying it does do something vs someone else saying it doesn't do anything - tbh I have not been convinced either way, so I am going to stick with plausible for now at least.

16-Jul-2016 11:04:20

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I always put the 2 zaros on the left/right sides but I did it because I was told it doesn't hurt, not because I believed it helps. Also regarding the video I did get 5 mobile/reflexes in a row doing that method, but it did not seem very consistent afterwards. I think there has to be an explanation for all that, but the system is way too complicated so we can't really say how it works for sure. Hi

16-Jul-2016 12:13:25

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top