Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I already have biting 3 on power gear so I think I'll stick with that. 2 would be nice to get venomblood but that would be a waste when I spent the money on 3, and a dps loss as well. I may try to get venomblood with crackling or something, then again I don't really know because it's quite rare to get this combo and the components are hard to get too. Or I could keep my absorbative 2 which is fairly easy to get to benefit from venomblood. Damage reduction is always nice, but generally speaking if you can do it before the new perks, then you can probably do it without them once they come out. Additionally, the focus of dps gear should be.. dps.

On tank gear however, I may give up crackling for a defensive perk. Once again, it won't be necessary, but that's the purpose of tank gear anyway. Currently, my tank perks are impatient/devoted, lucky, absorbative/venomblood, and crackling. I already don't use biting on it because I usually don't dps in tank gear so I might as well add another defensive perk (crystal shield or enhanced devoted) instead of crackling.
Hi

03-Sep-2016 21:06:11 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2016 21:08:39 by Lathow

Ak47Pedigree

Ak47Pedigree

Posts: 2,747 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lathow said :
I already have biting 3 on power gear so I think I'll stick with that. 2 would be nice to get venomblood but that would be a waste when I spent the money on 3, and a dps loss as well. I may try to get venomblood with crackling or something, then again I don't really know because it's quite rare to get this combo and the components are hard to get too. Or I could keep my absorbative 2 which is fairly easy to get to benefit from venomblood. Damage reduction is always nice, but generally speaking if you can do it before the new perks, then you can probably do it without them once they come out. Additionally, the focus of dps gear should be.. dps.

On tank gear however, I may give up crackling for a defensive perk. Once again, it won't be necessary, but that's the purpose of tank gear anyway. Currently, my tank perks are impatient/devoted, lucky, absorbative/venomblood, and crackling. I already don't use biting on it because I usually don't dps in tank gear so I might as well add another defensive perk (crystal shield or enhanced devoted) instead of crackling.

Yeah thinking of removing biting and crackling from my tank setup myself. You don't need extra dps as a tank and you're wasting defensive perk spot by having them. Btw Crackling + Venomblood ain't that rare just the components are hard to get.

Here's my future optimal tank setup.

Main - Aftershock 3/Flanking 3
Offhand - Precise 5

Top - Lucky 5 + Hoarding
Crystal shield + X

Bottom - Impatient 3 + Devoted 2(will try to aim for Imp 3 and Dev 3 when I got the funds)
Absorbative 2 + Mobile

Shield - Bulwark 3

Absorbative 2 + Mobile is more useful than Absorb 3, will for me personally it is.
X can be any niche perk.
Bulwark for that extra debilitate duration.
Ak47Pedigree
|
the Daredevil
| My Goals & Achievements

03-Sep-2016 21:58:50

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Ya I have similar perks, I'd take venomblood over mobile and bring a mobile switch though. Absorbative combos are fairly easy to get, so I can switch those if necessary to camp something.

Crystal shield or enhanced devoted will probably replace my crackling on tank gear. I'm thinking devoted is likely to be better, but we'll see.
Hi

03-Sep-2016 22:29:18

Ak47Pedigree

Ak47Pedigree

Lathow said :
Ya I have similar perks, I'd take venomblood over mobile and bring a mobile switch though. Absorbative combos are fairly easy to get, so I can switch those if necessary to camp something.

Crystal shield or enhanced devoted will probably replace my crackling on tank gear. I'm thinking devoted is likely to be better, but we'll see.

Why you need venomblood for tank setup? You better off bringing anti poison++
Ak47Pedigree
|
the Daredevil

03-Sep-2016 22:42:34

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

That's a good question, I can't think of a place you get poisoned and need to use tank gear lol. Except for maybe wyverns where you get rekt but I'm pretty sure their poison is green typeless hits. Hi

03-Sep-2016 22:50:59

Ak47Pedigree

Ak47Pedigree

Lathow said :
That's a good question, I can't think of a place you get poisoned and need to use tank gear lol. Except for maybe wyverns where you get rekt but I'm pretty sure their poison is green typeless hits.

Yeah venomblood makes more sense on Melee setup than anything(Araxxor and Gregorovic).

Btw earlier you mention Enhanced Devoted 3. I completely forgot about that. Based on @Kakamile analysis Dev 3 = Enhanced Devoted 2, which mean Enhanced Devoted 3 + Imp 3 is the better combo now?

In that case i'll go with this instead

Bottom - Imp 3 + niche perk
Enhanced Devoted 3

remove the Bulwark 3 on my shield and replace it with Absorb 2 + Mobile.
Ak47Pedigree
|
the Daredevil

03-Sep-2016 23:17:19 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2016 23:27:45 by Ak47Pedigree

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

4 zamorak/zaros give impatient 2-3, this could be interesting.

Not sure on the damage reduction of bulwark/turtling and how they compare to absorbative/lucky and now crystal shield/enhanced devoted, but now there is the potential of using them on a shield I suppose.

I personally have bulwark on spirit shields and turtling on rots shields, but that's only because there weren't that many damage reduction perks previously.
Hi

03-Sep-2016 23:30:17

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top