Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Crystal Shield 3 (Armour gizmo)

~~~10% chance that ( 5% per rank of dmg received over the next 10s is then negated for the next up to 30s)
~~~Essentially 1.5s cade after 10s every ~ 24 seconds
~~~works out to 4.41% more damage soaked
~~~"Possibly" works Heal Other/Group

Enhanced Devoted 3 (Armour gizmo)

~~~Devoted & Enhanced Devoted now block on the damage that activates them, meaning 2 boss hits tanked instead of 1
~~~Like Devoted, but 4.5% chance per rank instead of 3% per rank. Devoted 3 = Enhanced Devoted 2.
~~~Works out to 16.875% more damage soaked (Devoted 3 is 11.25%)
~~~Overrides normal version and takes up two perk slots.
~~~Like Devoted only improves protect prayers, so unnecessary on slayer/bosses you soul split. Put it on your tank switch with Turtling 3.

Enhanced Efficient 3

~~~Like Efficient, but 9% reduction in charge per rank instead of 6% per rank.
~~~Overrides normal version and takes up two perk slots.
~~~Still not worth it unless you're training low level Invention and need a gizmo fill. Tools are so cheap on charges that it's not worth it.

Flanking 3 (Weapon gizmo)

~~~ Makes stunning abilities no longer stun
~~~ Basic stunning abilities (Impact/Piercing shot/Backhand) do 40% more damage per rank (Now up to 220%) when target is facing away.
~~~Threshold stunning abilities (Deep Impact/Binding shot/Forceful Backhand) do 15% more damage per rank (Now up to 245%) when target is facing away.
~~~Destroy/Asphyxiate unchanged.
~~~Flanking is better than Aftershock, buuut you don't use it at slayer/solo bosses/base tanking any boss, only used as a nonbase group boss dps (KK nonbase/Raids nonbase/nonvoke duo Araxxor/DPS or BT Vorago).

03-Sep-2016 00:10:28 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2016 00:12:22 by Kakamile

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Crystal shield = good armour gizmo

Enhanced devoted = good on tank switch, not worth giving up Impatient+Devoted

Enhanced eff = eh

Flanking = replace Aftershock as nonvoke group boss weapon perk, or if you really want to put it on offhand switch so you can Aftershock+Precise+Flanking.

Crystal shield would replace the "Lucky 5 + n" niche slot, but you can still bring a lucky switch for vorago dropdown/rots tunnels/ts/green tank/etc. Hopefully you can combo CS and Lucky, I'll be trying to achieve this on release.

03-Sep-2016 00:11:08

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I use absorbative on power and absorbative and lucky on tank, so I might replace one of those with crystal shield, not sure yet. Damage reduction is superior so it's worth it.

Flanking, sure it's nice but it seems like it would only help at raids so I wouldn't bother. It's just another lunging perk, just properly balanced. It is worth it over other perks where it's meant to help (non moving targets for lunging) rather than be a waste in every situation, but it's still a waste in other places and when it's only raids that flanking can help then yeah...
Hi

03-Sep-2016 02:26:44

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Enhanced Devoted looks great for newbie raid tanks like me who don't use armour switches. But I want to keep Impatient 3. Is it worth putting Imp3 Lucky5 and Enhanced Devoted3 on my tank gear? Would like to hear from you guys why you prefer crystal shield when it's only about 4% damage soak compared to about 16%. I only ever do raids and rax though. Questing Clan of Runescape , T7 Citadel, capping not compulsory. Free cabbage.

03-Sep-2016 06:00:50

Lucine

Lucine

Posts: 12,636 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Santa Ends said :
Enhanced Devoted looks great for newbie raid tanks like me who don't use armour switches. But I want to keep Impatient 3. Is it worth putting Imp3 Lucky5 and Enhanced Devoted3 on my tank gear? Would like to hear from you guys why you prefer crystal shield when it's only about 4% damage soak compared to about 16%. I only ever do raids and rax though.

I would say Enhanced Devoted is definitely worth putting on (even DPS gear). Crystal Shield would be the 2nd best damage reduction perk, but obviously not the first.
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

03-Sep-2016 12:28:45

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I suppose if enhanced devo 3 is really 9+% of an improvement over devo 2 it could work as the 4th gizmo in dps gear. Though this is quite situational and relies on heavy use of protection prayers, much like lucky currently relies on receiving typeless hits and absorbative on non typeless hits. Which option will be the best all around remains to be seen, but I can see enhanced devo 3 being the best. Of course this could mean loss of another utility perk (in my case venomblood, in other cases reflexes or clear headed or both) and, potentially, a lot of gambling and effort trying to get said perks. If you get components from cut gems, I can see new perks being as rare as scavenging 3... Hi

03-Sep-2016 13:34:05

Lucine

Lucine

Posts: 12,636 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Santa Ends said :
Impatient 2 venom isn't that bad. It's just a little less adrenaline, <1% difference on average and you don't have to fight RNG for it.

If you use biting 2, then Venomblood is more recommended to be acquired with Biting 2 instead. You will need x3 direct, and x2 healthy. The end result will be fairly rare, but nothing to worry about.
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

03-Sep-2016 18:40:15

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top