Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah I've heard about doing zammy but honestly it seems like too much effort to me and I don't think you can afk it in subjugation or something to level that up/break. As for warpriest it's free which is nice but I feel like it's not that common. Right now I'm just doing afk at the abyss with scavenging (which is really nice by the way) so leveling up subjugation legs is a cheap and nice way to get some components.

In the end of the day, I think it's luck (and whether it takes you 5 or 50 attempts for one success) that makes the difference and not how much faster or slower you get the actual components which kinda sucks.

Going for 3/3 using 5 seems to be really rare (I would go as far as saying one in hundreds) and when you need 6 of those then that's not even possible (in theory), whereas 3/2 using 3/2 is not as bad (though 6 could take many attempts). As long as I can get 6 3/2 in say not more than 100 attempts I'm ok with it.
Hi

10-Jul-2016 11:08:48

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DramaticHobo said :
Welp... I got this...
http://puu.sh/pWB0f.jpg

Would it be worth using if I paired it with crackling 3 + reflexes, or is it a waste of a slot just having it on its own?

(Keeping in mind I would have to give up absorbative 3 or absorb 2 + hoarding.)

What combo did you use to get Clear Headed 3 alone? How many tries? That's an awesome perk, man. Reflexes can be gotten easily anyway. 4 Direct 1 Harnessed, Biting 2 Reflexes. 4 Explosive 1 Harnessed, Crackling 3 Reflexes like you said. You don't even have to combine Harnessed with a sub par one.

What's your other 2 perks? Is it Biting 2 + X? If it is, you could replace X with Reflexes and sacrifice nothing.
Questing Clan of Runescape , T7 Citadel, capping not compulsory. Free cabbage.

10-Jul-2016 13:16:36

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

aSp said :
People spend a lot of time going for ClearHeaded3/Reflexes together....or even ClearHeaded2/Reflexes...so if you have Reflexes somewhere else then I can see no reason you would not use ClearHeaded3 if you have it.

But more knowledgable peoples may tell you differently.

You get Clear Headed 2 + Trophy Taker X quite easily with those combo. Maybe you could make a

Reflexes (Harnessed Dextrous)

+

Genocidal (Powerful Bandos)
Venomblood (Evasive Healthy)
Mobile (Subtle Dextrous)
Hoarding (Protective Fortunate)
Absorbative 2 (3 Fungal, 4th one is obsolete)

to go along with it. Save money. Unless you have a lot of stunning comps. But rankless perk + rankless perk is pretty wasteful unless you require it a lot.

10-Jul-2016 13:46:11 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2016 13:47:02 by Santa Ends

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

Hevilmystic said :
Lathow said :
I don't think you can afk it in subjugation or something to level that up/break.

It's not fully afk, but it's low intensity.

And if you bought Warpriest from the event, it's not rare at all.

Hehe still remember the time my friend AFKed regular Kril and got killed because of the special. Offered to exit my instance and bless grave but he reclaimed. I find it pretty good, around 2-3 pieces per greater demon slayer task. Luckily I as on Zammy's side during the world event and got the full set. Disassembled the original + 2 full sets, completed and kept the 4th, all from 120 Slayervention.

10-Jul-2016 13:55:15 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2016 13:57:47 by Santa Ends

DramaticHobo
Nov Member 2011

DramaticHobo

Posts: 805 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Santa Ends said :
What combo did you use to get Clear Headed 3 alone? How many tries? That's an awesome perk, man. Reflexes can be gotten easily anyway. 4 Direct 1 Harnessed, Biting 2 Reflexes. 4 Explosive 1 Harnessed, Crackling 3 Reflexes like you said. You don't even have to combine Harnessed with a sub par one.

What's your other 2 perks? Is it Biting 2 + X? If it is, you could replace X with Reflexes and sacrifice nothing.

So far I've made over 160 gizmo's with 1 Harnessed + 4 Variable, but it never worked out for me. Then today I decided to yolo an inventory of 5x Variable comps (28 attempts) and Clear Headed 3 showed up on the 20th. That's not enough data to estimate how rare it is. Although interestingly enough, I also managed to get one gizmo with Trophy Takers 5 and another with Trophy 5 + Clear Headed 2. This makes me suspect there is a decent chance to max out each of those perks with 5 components, but a very slim chance with only 4 of them.

As for what my other perks are, I'll use Pernix armour as an example. On that set I currently have Imp3 + Devo2, Biting 2 + Venomblood, Crackling 3 + Reflexes, and Clear Headed 2 + Mobile (because who doesn't love surge pants?)

If I want to fit Clear Headed 3 into a Sirenic set, really the only flexible elements would be Biting 2 + X and Crackling 3 + X. And if I choose to use Biting 3 (from scavenging), that leaves only one remaining slot for either Reflexes, Venomblood, Mobile or Hoarding. In this case, do you think it is worth sacrificing 1.25% dps to gain space for that second utility perk?

10-Jul-2016 16:15:56 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2016 16:18:50 by DramaticHobo

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

DramaticHobo said :
In this case, do you think it is worth sacrificing 1.25% dps to gain space for that second utility perk?

Your Pernix is so similar to mine lol. Different combination of gizmos, almost same perks. Instead of Crackling 3 and Mobile I have Dragon Slayer and Absorbative 2. I reckon the utility perk is more useful that 1.25% dps. Utility perks are extremely noticeable and they improve your quality of life so much than that extra 1.25% which you hardly notice unless you challenge gem a lot.

Now the important question...

How do you get so many variable components? Those are a pain to get even from Scavenging. I got CH2 + Reflexes within 20 Gizmos with 4 stunning 1 harnessed.

10-Jul-2016 17:41:14

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top