Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Veggie
May Member 2010

Veggie

Posts: 2,072 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
Not just about stun pool. It literally increases DPS for every other pool. Tendrils, shark, and especially sand gets faster due to stuns getting better damage. Even like 5% is enough to make it worth putting on Virtus legs.

Also Kaka, Flanking would be absolutely useless at RotS due to incites running the brothers around too erratically.

I meant in general, not specifically with regards to the perk, as if not being able to Asphyxiate the stun pool significantly cuts into the DPS of the team (or Destroy with melee for that matter). Most of the comments on Reddit, and a couple of posts in this thread, seem to focus mostly on being able to use Asphyxiate at the stun pool, rather than the DPS increase in general.

25-Aug-2016 01:05:01

Lucine

Lucine

Posts: 12,636 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
I don't think Taunting is a good perk, especially for things like Yakamaru where you go to voke a Jelly away and it could take Yaka with it too :S

But if you aren't after it for bossing, whatever.

Most of the time, you don't need to provoke a jelly unless you're the North Tank, and while being the North Tank; having Yakamaru on you is part of your role anyway. But still, I can accept that this perk can have unfavorable effect during Yakamaru, Rise of the Six Brothers, and Kalphite King (although if KK tank had it, then it is a positive perk), but for all other bosses, it won't have any negative effects.

However, I mainly posted that combination for those interested in getting a quick Biting 2 (without Cautious) for Invention Training, or Slayer, and not specifically bossing, though as mentioned above, it is only 3 group bosses where it can potentially be negative, and none for any solo boss. And as Finny Rawrs said above, it can also have a positive effect if used by the Beastmaster Durzag Base Tank Support .
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

25-Aug-2016 08:47:32 - Last edited on 25-Aug-2016 09:06:46 by Lucine

Lucine

Lucine

Posts: 12,636 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On another note, there is currently a thread on Reddit discussing Mod Daze's Twitter reply for Planted Feet, and he have posted into it. There is some replies emphasizing the "either keep it or take it right away" argument, which may encourage the J-Mods to reply further (and potentially change it faster).

Thread link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/4ze4hj/mod_daze_not_actively_working_on_changing_planted/
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

25-Aug-2016 10:23:30

Fleekstar

Fleekstar

Posts: 6,983 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ye I'm glad they're looking into different ways to how the perk worked cause it was absolutely useless before the bug got found. I just hope they come up with something half decent but not as powerful as now because it's pretty much a necessity at the moment and it shouldn't be like that. It should just help if you choose it to help you, not be required for everything

25-Aug-2016 11:03:39

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've got a couple questions, if someone more experienced with perks could answer these:

1) Is precise 5 + equilibrium 3 a good combination for a weapon? As in, do they stack or do they counteract each other?

2) Does equilibrium work in legacy mode?
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

26-Aug-2016 11:24:15

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So precise and equilibrium will stack on the lower end of the ability damage? Good to know, thanks.

And yeah, I'm using equilibrium instead of aftershock because I don't want multitargetting, crackling seems lame (and it can be put on armour anyway), and I'm not dice enough to obtain biting 3.

Would love a confirmation on equilibrium working with legacy combat, if anyone tested it.
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

26-Aug-2016 12:06:37

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top