Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lathow said :
Sara components, are they even useful..?

Spendthrift 5 is bad deeps. +0.25% dps. and eats your money. So many better alternatives for weapon gizmos. Good for god component fillers though. If you ever go for Devoted 3 Genocidal, or Devoted 3 standalone. One of the mods mentioned the best way to get highest rank perk is not 5 of the same thing. I'm guessing it's same reasoning for Devoted 3 as well.
Questing Clan of Runescape , T7 Citadel, capping not compulsory. Free cabbage.

15-Jul-2016 22:59:22

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I browsed my friend's tank armour perk setup amd noticed he uses Invigorating 2 Reflexes. Thought to myself, reflexes is pretty bad because the 10% damage reduction with anticipation is not bad when base tanking BM. Invigorating intrigued me. I used 4 culinary 1 swift , tried a few times and got Invigorating 3 Brief Respite 2. How good is Brief Respite actually? Also I use Excalibur instead of rejuvenate to save adrenaline, is it worth making the switch? Questing Clan of Runescape , T7 Citadel, capping not compulsory. Free cabbage.

15-Jul-2016 23:04:28

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Santa Ends said :
One of the mods mentioned the best way to get highest rank perk is not 5 of the same thing. I'm guessing it's same reasoning for Devoted 3 as well.

It'd be nice if there was a place where such info was collated, along with details on the context, as it's often hard to get all the information together, and know it's not being applied incorrectly (for instance, if the Mod had meant that for only one specific perk, or if he meant for every perk that is maxed at 5 items, or just any perk that can be obtained by more than one component, in general).

One such thing that I heard 2nd hand, and would like to know the accuracy of, and the context, is a mod confirming that positioning of the components in a gizmo (which slots you put them in) makes no difference - because, so far, I haven't been able to find a Mod saying this, anywhere, and it would make a big difference to know this (as it's a hard variable to test, especially if it only effects certain combinations, or doesn't work for blank slots, or doesn't apply to common components).

16-Jul-2016 06:14:11

Lucine

Lucine

Posts: 12,636 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
Position of components does absolutely nothing.

Sometimes it can make a difference in the order of the listed perks, where the higher on the list are more likely to be acquired.
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

16-Jul-2016 09:24:49

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It can change priority rarely yes. That is unlikely, but it might happen if you use many different components. But when two different placements result in the same list of possible perks, with same ranks and priorities, I think different placements are just superstition.

Additionally, I think when a perk can be obtained with less materials the chance remains the same with more. If you get 4-5 using 4 or 5 components, then using 5 does not further increase your chances.
Hi

16-Jul-2016 09:32:46

aSp
Jun Member 2022

aSp

Posts: 8,062 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lathow said :
But when two different placements result in the same list of possible perks, with same ranks and priorities, I think different placements are just superstition.

Same components, different placement, different rank order of perks.
I believe placement matters.

aSp said :
Found an intersting one on this.
Check the order of the perks by moving the components around (Profane vs Demon Slayer...position 3 and 4)

http://puu.sh/pp6bq/12ae1c919c.png

http://puu.sh/pp6cB/6e3d3f32ca.png

16-Jul-2016 09:44:36

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top