Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
your bias is showing

i cant see how anyone can try and defend what he is doing. let alone see it something positive.
he wants to work people to the bone so they cant have a life. come on man

just because it has worked (using that term loosely btw) doesnt mean its good. there are many situations in past where people have got work done and well. but was not great overall experience

all he is doing is showing a lack of compassion for the people that work for him, and a lack of gratitude. doesnt see them as human with lives. but workers thats it. that should not be encouraged or praised or defended
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

17-Nov-2022 17:46:22 - Last edited on 17-Nov-2022 18:08:12 by Tenebri

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :

i cant see how anyone can try and defend what he is doing. let alone see it something positive.

There are a lot of parallels with the behaviour of mill owners and suchlike during the Industrial Revolution.

He basically wants to turn back the clock to a time when employees were peons and had no rights.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

17-Nov-2022 18:31:43

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
Tenebri said :

There are a lot of parallels with the behaviour of mill owners and suchlike during the Industrial Revolution.

He basically wants to turn back the clock to a time when employees were peons and had no rights.

it does seem to be the case
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

17-Nov-2022 18:49:34

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
your bias is showing

just because it has worked (using that term loosely btw) doesnt mean its good. there are many situations in past where people have got work done and well. but was not great overall experience

all he is doing is showing a lack of compassion for the people that work for him, and a lack of gratitude. doesnt see them as human with lives. but workers thats it. that should not be encouraged or praised or defended

Hence why I wanted my bias to be front and center so you can call me on it :)

I guess there were two parts to my post. The first part about demanding more out of Twitter employees etc I'm not defending. If it intrudes on a good work life balance then I'm against it. Even if people could work the amount that he's asking, it isn't sustainable for anybody in the long term. He seems to do it himself but he's admitted that he's stretched and at max capacity and that really can't last.

The second part which was about the leaked email - That I saw little to no problem with. The overall point there was, as companies age and grow, so do the number of meetings (often times pointless) and red tape. That was pointers directed at those things which make total sense.

You should only be in meetings if you're actively participating or need to be in them and employees shouldn't be penalized for leaving a meeting part way through if they feel as though it's not worth them being there. Without attention it's so easy to be bogged down in meetings that you yourself really have no part or point being in.

Another thing mentioned was taking the shortest possible route when it comes to communication and getting stuff done, limiting chain of command type scenarios, which can also make sense, providing its structured.
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

17-Nov-2022 19:21:52

Volte Face
Oct Member 2023

Volte Face

Posts: 942 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
333333333 said :
Just readed that a lot of fake verified Twitter [companies, known people etc] accounts got deleted! Even a fake Pepsi account said that Coke was better lol!

The truth needs to come out.
The age of chivalry is gone; that of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded, and the glory of Europe is extinguished forever.

17-Nov-2022 21:14:42

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top