Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
Kiwi Magic said :
I dont get it. Why would Elon Musk spend a quarter of his fortune just to lose it?

Well to be fair, he tried to get out of it, and was forced to go through with the deal.

Why did he want Twitter in the first place?
- Because it gives him power to shape the public discourse about trends that his companies rely on.
- Because he's a free speech idealist who thinks he can change things.
- Because his ego needed another boost.

i agree with all of these

and yeah he tried to get out of it
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

16-Nov-2022 08:24:12

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I mean, at this stage we have to ask...

Are these the management skills we want to be seeing in the person overseeing the migration of humanity to Mars?
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

16-Nov-2022 09:21:08

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,586 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :

Are these the management skills we want to be seeing in the person overseeing the migration of humanity to Mars?

I can picture it now..
"of course there's a breathable atmosphere and I'll fire anyone who says there isn't!"

Also, just heard this on the news, imagine working for this guy:

"Elon Musk has told Twitter staff that they must commit to working "long hours at high intensity" or else leave the company, according to reports."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63648505
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

16-Nov-2022 16:13:29 - Last edited on 16-Nov-2022 16:36:55 by Rooh

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Archaeox said :

only if its the richest that go there.
then hell yeah

2_Tron said :
At the end of the day he is doing what he thinks needs to be done to make it work ... all you can do is placing comments but for the rest not doing anything to make a difference.

yep that is what we are doing. when 1 person says something a few will hear. when thousands thousands will also hear it. the more that speak out and show how incompetent he is the better.

saying nothing will do nothing

even if it is in gaming off topic section. as apparently according to this thread there are 3 musketeers here at least.

Rooh said :

"Elon Musk has told Twitter staff that they must commit to working "long hours at high intensity" or else leave the company, according to reports."

i saw this earlier. it seems twitter may go down faster than expected if even more people leave. and just leave him to do whatever it is he is doing
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

16-Nov-2022 19:10:23 - Last edited on 16-Nov-2022 19:15:10 by Tenebri

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,563 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :

That is a really good statement imo.

I dont think he is the right person.

And maybe no one person should take on that responsibility. It should be a joint venture by large countries, and NASA of course.
Make Your Own Magic

17-Nov-2022 07:51:57

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,958 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
2_Tron said :
At the end of the day he is doing what he thinks needs to be done to make it work ... all you can do is placing comments but for the rest not doing anything to make a difference.

yep that is what we are doing. when 1 person says something a few will hear. when thousands thousands will also hear it. the more that speak out and show how incompetent he is the better.

even if it is in gaming off topic section. as apparently according to this thread there are 3 musketeers here at least.
That's how it works for you but that's not how it works for Elon Musk and the situation he is in.

17-Nov-2022 12:37:47

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

2_Tron said :
Tenebri said :
2_Tron said :

That's how it works for you but that's not how it works for Elon Musk and the situation he is in.

awesome im also just having fun. you know something good from it.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

17-Nov-2022 14:28:50

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
Also, just heard this on the news, imagine working for this guy:

From my understanding so far, Twitter seems to have a ton of inefficiencies & bloat and also perhaps people who might be coasting a little (although not in a position to judge that). Looks like he's applying the same type of work ethic and standards in Twitter as he did within Tesla.

That's not to say what works in one tech company works in another but it works pretty well within Tesla and developers, engineers etc aren't exactly under-rewarded.

I also saw an article this morning labelled as Musk's "insane productivity" email that got leaked.

All I see is a list of recommendations on how to improve efficiency and not waste time such as not having excessive or large meetings that aren't of any value, or having processes that aren't of value. None of what I read was "insane" but rather some common sense approaches to improve a person's work schedule and load.
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

17-Nov-2022 14:59:35

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top