Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh it's better than that - Twitter's Trust & Safety Team sent him a seven page memo explaining why paying for verification would be a bad idea, and he ignored it.

https://www.platformer.news/p/elon-only-trusts-elon

https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-sent-musk-risks-paid-verification-before-launch-2022-11

Like many narcissists, incapable of believing that other people can be right if they disagree with him.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

15-Nov-2022 14:58:59 - Last edited on 15-Nov-2022 15:00:37 by Archaeox

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
ELITE STACK said :
I don't use twitter but Ive heard alot of complaints that they censored free speech before Elon I think he will be successful embracing free speech to be more Diverse and inclusive of others.

yep free speech lmao
I think this is less about free speech and more about an employee shit talking his boss/company in a very public setting - This scenario isn't unique to Musk or Twitter but it being under the microscope right now means there's more scrutiny and judgement than normal.

I'm a developer myself. I certainly wouldn't be openly criticizing my CEO like that in my role in an open forum, regardless of whether I thought I had "free speech" rights or not.

Perfect example; FMods trashing Jagex here on the forums or in any other public setting. Now it's not to say we're not allowed to criticize or give feedback but there's a time, place and way of doing that.
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

15-Nov-2022 16:04:15

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :

Yeah, no idea what he was thinking with that verification system. Although when the company is bleeding cash, you're probably going to be scrambling to find ways in which to boost revenue lol... and maybe not thinking too clearly lol - especially given he way overpaid for Twitter and has a ton of loans due to pay back in the not so distant future.

I don't know what the decision process looked like on who to lay off and who to keep. Obviously the execs in the beginning being sacked was totally expected and normal, you're not going to keep execs who aren't in agreement with you and also tried to sue you, on your team, but other employees, not sure.

Although Facebook is or has laid of 11,000 workers, Amazon is following suit this week too. It's terrible for those employees for sure, I feel for them, especially working in the same industry and the thought of my job being at risk doesn't bear thinking about. There's a wider crash in tech taking place agnostic of all the drama going on at Twitter that should be kept in mind.

Either way, not great at all. But Twitter has been a massive dumpster fire for a long time lol
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

15-Nov-2022 16:14:46

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joel said :
Tenebri said :
ELITE STACK said :
I don't use twitter but Ive heard alot of complaints that they censored free speech before Elon I think he will be successful embracing free speech to be more Diverse and inclusive of others.

yep free speech lmao
I think this is less about free speech and more about an employee shit talking his boss/company in a very public setting - This scenario isn't unique to Musk or Twitter but it being under the microscope right now means there's more scrutiny and judgement than normal.

I'm a developer myself. I certainly wouldn't be openly criticizing my CEO like that in my role in an open forum, regardless of whether I thought I had "free speech" rights or not.

Perfect example; FMods trashing Jagex here on the forums or in any other public setting. Now it's not to say we're not allowed to criticize or give feedback but there's a time, place and way of doing that.

well the guy that got fired got another job asap, but all he did was correct him saying it was wrong. didnt want misinformation getting out. whether its the ceo or some dude it better to correct

and for today!!!

he has ruined 2FA on twitter. hes doing great as ms toxicity has said. its like he got rid of everyone that knew what they were doing and is just winging it....
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

15-Nov-2022 19:19:36

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiwi Magic said :
I dont get it. Why would Elon Musk spend a quarter of his fortune just to lose it?

Well to be fair, he tried to get out of it, and was forced to go through with the deal.

Why did he want Twitter in the first place?
- Because it gives him power to shape the public discourse about trends that his companies rely on.
- Because he's a free speech idealist who thinks he can change things.
- Because his ego needed another boost.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

16-Nov-2022 07:41:27

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top