Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
I'm not a fan, so it's fun watching his newly purchased toy fall apart :P
He really messed up with the verification thing.

I'm loving seeing and reading about all the celebrities leave in their droves. I doubt very much Elon will give a crap but they are going with millions of subscribers. It may hurt his pocket sooner rather then later.

I'm so glad I'm not on it as I would not pay a penny to use it let alone a blue tick.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

13-Nov-2022 10:39:36

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,586 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's astounding to think that someone who is supposed to be a tech genius thought that just paying for verification was the answer... without actually doing any identity checks.

The Eli Lilly impersonator caused havoc:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/imposter-twitter-tanks-stocks-insulin-b2223418.html
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

13-Nov-2022 12:03:06

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,082 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't use twitter but Ive heard alot of complaints that they censored free speech before Elon I think he will be successful embracing free speech to be more Diverse and inclusive of others. I need my blue charms back.

14-Nov-2022 15:32:50

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ELITE STACK said :
I don't use twitter but Ive heard alot of complaints that they censored free speech before Elon I think he will be successful embracing free speech to be more Diverse and inclusive of others.

If by 'censoring free speech' you mean they removed hate speech, then yes - and they still do.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

14-Nov-2022 15:40:59

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ELITE STACK said :
I don't use twitter but Ive heard alot of complaints that they censored free speech before Elon I think he will be successful embracing free speech to be more Diverse and inclusive of others.

hes already shown hes not successful in embracing free speech lolol

took less than 24h
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

14-Nov-2022 15:45:23

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just want to state my bias upfront - I'm a Tesla shareholder and own a Model 3.

Overall, I don't think anybody can argue or deny that Musk is an incredibly smart person having lead Tesla and SpaceX to huge success over the last decade or so, against the odds and
strong criticism.

But being good or smart in one thing doesn't make you so in another area or in all other areas.

I love what he's done at Tesla and SpaceX. What other company has propelled Electric Vehicles into more mainstream and wider spread adoption? None. What other company has developed re-usable rockets that land themselves on a landing pad in the ocean? None.

He's a character that's for sure. I don't always agree with everything he says or does and Twitter overall has been an absolute mess but he's certainly not afraid to stir things up, for better or worse.

In terms of his overall wealth and how he manages/spends it - I have mixed feelings when it comes to super wealthy multi-billionaires, especially when you reach a point at which nothing on this planet is of any concern to you in terms of value (e.g you can buy the most expensive of everything and still have money left over, plenty of it)

Most of his wealth has been tied up in Tesla stock, not cash he can just freely access and over the years he's not been as lavish as some other billionaires in terms of lifestyle.

One thing is for sure right now though, he massively overpaid for Twitter (not a great business decision) and is now fumbling through an absolute mess that is probably going to get worse before it can get any better.
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

14-Nov-2022 19:34:17

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,586 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joel said :
Overall, I don't think anybody can argue or deny that Musk is an incredibly smart person having lead Tesla and SpaceX to huge success over the last decade or so, against the odds and strong criticism.

But being good or smart in one thing doesn't make you so in another area or in all other areas.

I'm sure he's very intelligent in some areas but he seems to lack basic common sense.

Did he genuinely think that having a verification system that doesn't actually verify anything was a good idea? The only criteria for verifying someone's identity is the ability to pay $8.
That's both hilarious and ridiculous.

He sacked half his workforce, including a lot of people that (as he found out very quickly) he needed to run things. Again, crazy.

Next he told everyone working from home in Ireland that they'd have to work from the office in Dublin. How small did he think Ireland is?

He's since backtracked on that which is great for those employees, but again paints a very bad picture of his decision-making skills.

He also seems to lack humility, which is a bad trait in someone so influential.
As you can tell, I don't like the man. :P
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

15-Nov-2022 13:36:50 - Last edited on 15-Nov-2022 13:38:58 by Rooh

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top