Forums

Birdwatching

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Didn't manage to get over to see it today either, but I saw some other good stuff more local.

Morning, went down the road to a wetland masses of house martins and sand martins. Loads of Coot + tufted duck, swan + cygnets, great crested grebe, black headed gulls moorhen, goldfinch, blue ***.

This afternoon up to one of the reservoirs

Little grebe feeding young, tufted duck, goldfinch, house martins, starlings, lapwing, peregrine falcon!!, tufted ducks, coots, great crested grebe, pied wagtail, grey wagtail, curlew, willow warbler

09-Aug-2014 20:01:07

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Once the rain stopped for a bit I went out not a ad evening.

On entering the hid a young peregrine flew out and circled for a couple of minutes, out on the water the only bird of not was a male Gargany, which had I not known was there could easily have overlooked as it looks similar to gadwall when not in breeding plumage a white stripe above the eye gives it away though, but if it was amongst a load with a bit of distance doubt I'd have been able to ID it. I know some who could pick it out of a crowd just scanning...

Moving on to look for some waders... No wood sandpiper that I could see but I didn't have a lot of time to wait and see if it was hiding. Still, Green sandpipers, common sandpipers, little ringed plovers, ringed plovers, snipe and redshank were still worth going for. Barnacle goose was still there also.

10-Aug-2014 22:33:10

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Some mad woman walking her cat tonight..... Guess what happened when I came across her with my two dogs. She must have spent 15minute waiting for it to come down the tree. Least it was me with dogs who if shouted at will stop chasing.

11-Aug-2014 20:15:52

54 Evil Man

54 Evil Man

Posts: 1,376 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf said :
You posted that many pages ago it wasn't original then and it isn't now.

Also it isn't just teenagers it is any female.

Did I? Dont remember doing it...

Hold on.

54 Evil Man said :
Where I come from, good looking girls are often called 'birds'. You can probably guess what birdwatching is.....

E.G. = *good looking girl walks by* 'Thats you bird, Johnny'!

Well thats news to me! Hahahaha I love having several personalities...

11-Aug-2014 21:06:30 - Last edited on 11-Aug-2014 21:07:55 by 54 Evil Man

Quick find code: 23-24-1-64115821 Back to Top