Forums

Will RS ever be Scaled Up?

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295

Jon Stryder

Jon Stryder

Posts: 7,372 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Turtle Seed said :
1. It seems alot smaller becuase you don't really run out of run energy anymore, and theres lodestones every where ( two pointless updates )

It also seems smaller because there is far more content now than when the map was originally designed.

Turtle Seed said :
2. if you scale up rs, i quess there would be tonnes of houses and buildings? would you get lost?

Maybe we could put up signposts and give players a map? Oh, wait...
–= MEGA Construction Rework =–

Freeform Buildings, Surface World Plots, Community Involvement, Environments, Skills and much, much more...!

12-Dec-2013 11:30:03

Jon Stryder

Jon Stryder

World Event 2 has started, and there are already threads asking where some of the Elder trees have gone. Didn't see that coming did we!

Jon Stryder said :
...Look at how much had to be relocated to make room for the Battle of Lumbridge. How much more will have to be moved to make room for World Event 2? Eventually there won't be anywhere to move the existing content to, so features will have to be removed (much like the Lumbridge fishing pond.)....

Freeform Buildings, Surface World Plots, Community Involvement, Environments, Skills and much, much more...!

12-Dec-2013 11:32:09 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2013 12:13:29 by Jon Stryder

Meliz
May Member 2023

Meliz

Posts: 914 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jon Stryder said :
World Event 2 has started, and there are already threads asking where some of the Elder trees have gone. Didn't see that coming did we!

Jon Stryder said :
...Look at how much had to be relocated to make room for the Battle of Lumbridge. How much more will have to be moved to make room for World Event 2? Eventually there won't be anywhere to move the existing content to, so features will have to be removed (much like the Lumbridge fishing pond.)....

This is indeed the problem. Jagex can't deny there isn't enough room for all these updates and events. We need a larger world.

12-Dec-2013 13:38:59

One Rising

One Rising

Posts: 340 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NickWillOwnU said :
No point in making the world larger when no world is ever to the max of 2000 players or even to 1500 anymore. Not even world 2.

Jagex could always decrease the amount of worlds.

IMO, less worlds, but larger ones > more worlds, amusement park sized

17-Dec-2013 21:35:08

Jon Stryder

Jon Stryder

One Rising said :
NickWillOwnU said :
No point in making the world larger when no world is ever to the max of 2000 players or even to 1500 anymore. Not even world 2.

Jagex could always decrease the amount of worlds.

IMO, less worlds, but larger ones > more worlds, amusement park sized

Jagex have already had a player poll about reducing the number of worlds, so it's certainly a possibility.

17-Dec-2013 22:06:21

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That would be cool although playing in HTML 5 was awesome, I loved being able to see other cities. I also found it very depressing everything so close together and under whelming, lakes that looked like I could walk over. I would definitely be ok with them getting rid of worlds to properly scale the game.

I would love to see an expansion come to fruition. Add some land between those cities, some width to those rivers, some height and depth to those mountains. I don't think every part of the map needs to have something going on.

Lastly, seeing Alkharid from lumby was amazing at first but then you noticed the hot dessert was separated from lumby by a "cliff" and it takes you right out of the atmosphere. One minute I was in awe, looking at the world from the top of lumbridge castle, admiring our allies city, could feel the breeze, it was beautiful. Immediately followed by WTF, the scaling ruins the beauty.

I hope when HTML 5 comes to be that the scaling is right there with it, maybe work on that now if they have to wait for browser technology:-P
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

19-Dec-2013 09:51:43 - Last edited on 19-Dec-2013 10:03:54 by Mr RobinHood

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295 Back to Top