Will RS ever be Scaled Up?

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295

VoidLordXian
Sep Member 2007

VoidLordXian

Posts: 1,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jon Stryder said :
VoidLordXian said :
Now then just to put it out there: currently the world of ***lenor is far bigger than what we see in game. This is explained by an intermediary plane and using space time "magic" to create the effect we see...

I don't think whether we are seeing the whole of Gielinor, or just the 'edited highlights', is really the issue. The issue is that, whatever we are seeing, it is much too cramped.

The problems arise every time Jagex tries to find room to add a new piece of content, especially when that content is available to F2P as it has to be located in the central area of the map. Look at how much had to be relocated to make room for the Battle of Lumbridge. How much more will have to be moved to make room for World Event 2? Eventually there won't be anywhere to move the existing content to, so features will have to be removed (much like the Lumbridge fishing pond.)

Resizing the world map, while giving a more realistic sense of scale, will give the developers much needed room to add additional content without having to sacrifice anything that already exists. Something they are going to be increasingly short of with every quest or World Event they add to the F2P map.

You are right that the "edited highlights" are not really the problem but rather a way of explaining the solution in terms that would make sense and keep continuity for the lorists. I guess otherwise they could say that some kind of giant earthquake (or maybe even the result of an act of the gods) has expanded the plain of Runescape. Either way you look at it if they are going to increase the size of the world (within what already exists..like making more room between Varrock and Falador) they need some way of explaining the change. (Though they often don't provide one and players are forced to create parts of the lore themselves to explain these things.)

04-Dec-2013 15:58:46

Tarawa
May Member 2011

Tarawa

Posts: 709 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It will be once they add another planes. We know already few of them that have been destroyed by other gods but that doesn't mean that there aren't more of them that gods aren't aware of them yet.

04-Dec-2013 16:25:49

Jon Stryder

Jon Stryder

Posts: 7,372 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
VoidLordXian said :
...Either way you look at it if they are going to increase the size of the world (within what already exists..like making more room between Varrock and Falador) they need some way of explaining the change...

I'll go with: 'It's a game, sometimes these things just have to happen to enable a game to continue to develop.'
–= MEGA Construction Rework =–

Freeform Buildings, Surface World Plots, Community Involvement, Environments, Skills and much, much more...!

04-Dec-2013 16:33:59

Meliz
May Member 2023

Meliz

Posts: 914 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jon Stryder said :
VoidLordXian said :
...Either way you look at it if they are going to increase the size of the world (within what already exists..like making more room between Varrock and Falador) they need some way of explaining the change...

I'll go with: 'It's a game, sometimes these things just have to happen to enable a game to continue to develop.'

Exactly this.

05-Dec-2013 05:00:27

New York

New York

Posts: 7,975 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First off, by the time it would come around to "Scale RS Up"**** will already be long closed down.

I give this game another year MAX until they pull the plug. I mean in all honesty it is completely ruined nowadays.
REMOVE THE EOC FROM LIVE GAME. FIX YOUR MISTAKE JAGEX.

05-Dec-2013 18:25:56

Etsa
Jan Member 2009

Etsa

Posts: 3,958 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They shouldn't have made this RS3 it should have still been RS2 its the same game.

What they should do is make a new world and game from the ground up, Runescape 4, with a much larger more detailed beautiful world. With mounts and places to explore and reasons to explore.

Have all the main quests reworked into the game to fit the new world. Drop all the old lame ones and make the quest items obtainable elsewhere. Make the combat better and less spammy.

Then release it as a new game and transfer our characters over into the new world of Runescape.

07-Dec-2013 03:09:48

Ambro08
Aug Member 2008

Ambro08

Posts: 768 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I recall this question being asked many times, and I think each time they talk about it they give a "MAYBE IN THE FUTURE" response. I believe they also made that same comment in regards to making game playable on like tablets...

I would have to watch all those old Q & A sessions to be sure though.

One day :P

EDIT: I might be one of few...
But I really like what they have done with game. I was sold when they talked about how Evolving Combat would allow them to do so much more in the game world.
I am actually excited and anticipating what the future holds.

10-Dec-2013 23:30:24 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2013 23:32:27 by Ambro08

Turtle Seed

Turtle Seed

Posts: 1,625 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. It seems alot smaller becuase you don't really run out of run energy anymore, and theres lodestones every where ( two pointless updates )

2. if you scale up rs, i quess there would be tonnes of houses and buildings? would you get lost?

12-Dec-2013 06:56:26

Quick find code: 16-17-926-65091295 Back to Top