Forums

(-% The Caped Carousers %-) Thread is locked

Quick find code: 93-94-844-65451473

Lucine

Lucine

Posts: 12,636 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Lumine

Oh, sorry. I did have it answered, but it must have gotten lost while cutting it from the first post where I forgot to paste it to the 2nd. I will do that now. Thank you for pointing it.
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

04-Dec-2016 11:22:01

Lumine

Lumine

Posts: 15,239 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I assumed that was it. :)

I've completed all my other checks, which proved to my total lack of astonishment that you're someone we'd welcome as a member.

It's rather late at night for me at present, so I'll log into the account for the FC and add you to it, after which any Admin+ can meet you in game and add you to the CC.

Welcome to the Caped Carousers! :)

---

In response to a couple of your comments:

Original message details are unavailable.
2. What’s your favourite bar or pub in RuneScape?

- The one that's in Ardougne, with the ranger Squirrel, lol (I don't know its name, sorry).

That's the Poison Arrow, and it has a Carouser-related history. As our clan history says:

The discovery of an abandoned pub in East Ardougne by the Caped Carousers - which we quickly dubbed the 'Mary Celeste' - was brought to Jagex's (and specifically Mod Emilee's) attention in March 2009. This directly triggered a series of events culminating in the May 6th Guaranteed Content Poll for a pub name, and forum threads to decide on the decoration, NPCs etc. It's now called the Poison Arrow.

:)

Original message details are unavailable.
I have observations about the recruitment thread, which I'm willing to share privately.

Absolutely. Arch was saying only recently that he thought it needed a rewrite. Grab whichever of us is easier in-game, and we'll listen to anything you'd like to say.
Lumine
Patrona Emerita
of the
Caped Carousers
quest cape clan
93-94-178-66118830

04-Dec-2016 12:36:13

Lucine

Lucine

Posts: 12,636 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm sorry to say, I don't think I fit in the Clan, and therefore, I have to leave it. Thank you all for being very kind to me during my stay. It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

06-Dec-2016 16:31:38 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2016 16:35:15 by Lucine

Lumine

Lumine

Ah, drat.

Well, the cries of dismay that your last decision to resign brought forth from the clannies are being repeated this time round.

I haven't seen you myself since the last time I talked you out of going, but questions of "Has Lucine been on? Did she seem to be feeling okay about staying?" were answered positively.

"Good," I said, "I won't have to get out the staples."

Now I wish I had. :/

My main stapling method was going to be saying to the clan, "Lucine likes to do things with other people. If you're going to do a joint activity, make sure you ask her if she wants to come along, and make sure she knows she's welcome."

If I'd seen you in-game myself, I definitely would have done that.

And I seriously wish I'd said it to the rest of them too, but I concluded it wouldn't be needed.

It's not at all that *you're* a disappointment; we're just sad that you want to go. *We* think you fit in with us very well. But if you don't like it among us, I guess that somehow we don't fit in with what you're after.

Well, please keep talking to me in game if we're logged in at the same time. Please feel free to turn up to our scheduled events, which are open to non-members. You're always welcome in our open FC.

And if you change your mind and decide to give us another chance, you only have to say so.

All the best!
Lumine
Patrona Emerita
of the
Caped Carousers
quest cape clan
93-94-178-66118830

14-Dec-2016 00:28:44 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2016 00:37:08 by Lumine

Aicy

Aicy

Posts: 12,893 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. Please give any previous RuneScape display names that you have used under this account:
William 1165

2. What’s your favourite bar or pub in RuneScape?
The Rising Sun

3. Have you read the group rules properly? (YES/NO)

..3a.. Do you agree that if admitted you will read the Citadel Smithing protocols on the clan website, *before* embarking on the creation of ore, charcoal or bars in the Citadel?
YES

4. Do you agree to be bound by the Carousers' Code and the disciplinary procedure?
YES

5. What time zone are you in? (Please give your standard time offset from GMT.)
GMT+0:00

6. Do you understand why real life drinking is dangerous, and should be approached responsibly?
YES

7. You do have a Quest Cape you can currently wear? (YES/NO)
YES

..7a.. And you've completed every current quest including 'Gunnar's Ground', 'What's Mine is Yours', 'The Death of Chivalry', and the REMADE versions of 'Wolf Whistle', 'Druidic Ritual', 'Death Plateau' and 'Demon Slayer'?
YES

..7b.. Have you checked your Adventurer's Log to ensure that your answer to 7a is really true? And you realise that if it turns out not to be, you will be permanently declined even if you stated that it was so in good faith?
YES

8. Which branch of the Varrock underworld does your character belong to, the Black Arm Gang or the Phoenix Gang?
Pheonix Gang

9. How (or from whom) did you hear about the Caped Carousers?
Through the Quests forum many years ago.

10. Please list any other RuneScape clans, societies, guilds, associations, unions, fraternities/sororities, clubs etc. that you have belonged to (or attempted to join) in the last 12 months.
Kingdom of Varrock

11. Are you currently a member of another Clan Chat?
NO
Aicy

06-Jan-2017 12:28:48

Aicy

Aicy

Posts: 12,893 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
12. Do you agree that if you ever prefer to resign from the group you will post a notice of resignation in the Caped Carousers' private clan forum or the Recruitment thread, rather than simply vanishing from the Clan Chat?
Yes.

13. Has a current member of the group agreed to support your application? If so, who? (This is not required but may assist in your being accepted.)
N/A

I have been a member twice over the past 5 years or so, if any of you remember me. Hoping to get back into RS casually, and so I make my return!
Aicy

06-Jan-2017 12:29:38 - Last edited on 06-Jan-2017 12:32:23 by Aicy

Lumine

Lumine

Hi, Aicy! :)

Apologies for the delay in processing your application. We have a new Doorman (Doorwoman? Dame on the Door :) ) since your time, who is currently away from the game for a bit. So you had to wait for me to notice instead. <.< >.>

I'm certainly willing to readmit you as a Carouser! I will add you into the Friends Chat 'CarousersFC'. Log in there and attract the attention of an Admin, who will then meet you in-game and add you to the Caped Carousers' Clan Chat.

Welcome back! :D
Lumine
Patrona Emerita
of the
Caped Carousers
quest cape clan
93-94-178-66118830

09-Jan-2017 07:13:42 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2017 07:15:32 by Lumine

Quick find code: 93-94-844-65451473 Back to Top