Forums

Necromancy armor

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258

Silkride
Sep Member 2011

Silkride

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it's great necromancy was made so you don't "have" to fight to advance the skill. I wish the same applied to advancing the armor and weapons. I hope Jagex considers changing the requirements to equip higher tiers of equipment, it's fine to keep what's in place to make the stuff but to equip it should not require boss fights. I am lvl 138/2981 skill with lvl 83 necromancy and have never fought a boss in the 15 years I've been playing. I don't have any desire to fight one either! This is a great skill and I could see myself getting into fighting with this skill so I'd like to upgrade the equipment, just don't want to fight bosses for that privilege LOL Let the skilled killers make money off people like me! They can make it, I can buy it, everyone is happy :)

17-Aug-2023 22:22:58

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
you can buy and wear first necromancer gear

Not at OP's necromancy level, duh, so save the smartass remarks please.

This renewed attempt by Jagex to force as many players as possible into bossing whether they want to or not is definitely NOT welcome.

It risks alienating many casual players, as well as those who lack the reflexes, concentration or just interest in bossing - particularly those who are older, or who have cognitive disabilities.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

18-Aug-2023 09:29:12

Demonicsfire
Mar Member 2023

Demonicsfire

Posts: 269 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

This renewed attempt by Jagex to force as many players as possible into bossing whether they want to or not is definitely NOT welcome.

It risks alienating many casual players, as well as those who lack the reflexes, concentration or just interest in bossing - particularly those who are older, or who have cognitive disabilities.

100% with ya there.

Also to op, you can just join a team to kill tje boss. All you have to do is hit the boss ones and you will get the drop needed.

I know as a non pvmer I'm going to have to look for a nex and other groups. Hell, I had never killed the kal queen before caz I never felt like it, lol
Logic, who needs it...

18-Aug-2023 11:23:47

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,205 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Sorry I disagree. As an iron I can't trade, nor do I like high end bossing but normal accounts like the OP have the option to buy and use the level 95 set, going from 83 to 95 does not take long. If they do not do bossing or plan to then why need high end power armour anyway? The tasks for level 70 and 80 tank armour are not even that hard and can do on legacy with just auto attacks.

Killing level 70 bosses with level 60 items is easy but if you worried then use a higher-level set like 85 ports or 80 attuned crystal and as long as you only have necro weapons it still counts. (Slower kills as no damage bonus).

Tank armour does not need Nex kills but it has practice mode as does GWD where you can play around with no risk before you do the task.

18-Aug-2023 14:19:12

Leeuwbart
Dec Member 2012

Leeuwbart

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

exactly this. could just aswell readd reaper to comp now.

19-Aug-2023 02:23:23

Necrotising
Feb Member 2019

Necrotising

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Nothing is stopping OP levelling up necromancy at the ritual site duh so save the smartass remarks please.

While inclusivity is nice, this is a game, not a work place, or a public convenience and a game that is 100% inclusive is 100% boring. There is no possible way to make a game that can be played by a blind deaf person with no arms that will excite and challenge an abled bodied person. that is just life, sorry.

it is not the first part of the game to be locked behind combat, and it will not be the last, and a player who doesn't like combat has to accept that.

And its combat equipment, if you don't like combat, you don't need combat equipment, and if you really want equipment for the combat you don't do that badly, you cant still level up at ritual site and buy first necromancer selling necroplasm and ink, so this is just a pointless complaint

19-Aug-2023 03:29:04

Necrotising
Feb Member 2019

Necrotising

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

exactly this. could just as well readd reaper to comp now.

i believe they are going to or already have? and so they should. And i say this as a player who maxed before getting a fire cape. Reaper crew actually forced me to learn combat for my comp initially, and it got me into pvm by doing so. Im not the best, and at my age never will be, but im good enough to kill everything in the game at least

19-Aug-2023 03:31:45

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tank armour does not need Nex kills but it has practice mode as does GWD where you can play around with no risk before you do the task.
Dying in full T80 Necromancy gear saving 3 items is 17507 coins which is less than the cost of 1 brew flask, 22 rocktails, or 5 super restore (4). Protection prayer and it's 12214 coins.

People really shouldn't bother with practice mode.

19-Aug-2023 11:29:14

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258 Back to Top