Forums

Necromancy armor

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258

Killashandra
Dec Member 2005

Killashandra

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert:

As usual, YOU are cherry picking what you want posts to be about and what you don't.

The OP's thread is about armour being locked behind high level bosses - you might want to re-read the post.

And, yes, that leads into discussions on combat but only by players who want to tell everyone else how they should just suck it up and either learn how to do combat or be content to be locked out of specific items. This thread is about where it locks out skillers who want to own specific armour for normal combat but don't want to do high level bosses.

The reason I mentioned puzzle skip tickets is that there are a lot of players who complain about having to do puzzles (in quests and for clue scrolls) and I'm pointing out that, for clues, Jagex have come up with a buyable solution that allows people to still complete clues. They don't do anything similar for people who would like to get through bosses simply to achieve a single objective such as getting the Kili requirements.

But, I don't expect you to either read anything properly or to have any empathy for anyone else so I'm going to draw a line under this and ignore any further comments from you.

04-Sep-2023 19:04:07

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Read again please, OP clearly told us what they hoped for:

"I hope Jagex considers changing the requirements to equip higher tiers of equipment,"

They are talking about the requirements are too hard for them, which me and other RSOF users have shown they are actually not too hard.

For instance, T70 requires only Barrows and can be completed without Necromancy. The requirements are extremely low compared to all the other combat content ever since killing Elvarg with Addy or lower tier gear to gain access to Rune Plate since 2001.

04-Sep-2023 19:24:46

Crone924
Sep Member 2006

Crone924

Posts: 217 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert, you're missing several points, and that's fine.

I don't care how easy the Barrows are. I have no interest in them. As well as a lot of minigames, and all the megabosses.

I realize this kind of thing has gone the other way too: I remember the days of combat junkies who made big bank PKing, and sometimes luring to do so. They didn't fish their high level food, or make their high level pots, they bought as many as they needed with the loot they gained from killing people and taking their stuff. Then one fine day new pots came out, that were quite nice in their effects, and oh my, they were untradeable!

And all the people with fabulous combat (often with no defense, so they appeared low level in the days before "examine", the better to be lured, my dear--lol!) and zero other skills were S-O-L, and had to train their boring herb, only done by boring skillers, to remain kings and queens of death.

The contempt often displayed by these toward others was sometimes quite strong, even though some of the people they mocked made the resources they bought to keep killing.

That may be my biggest beef with bossing: I gather, grow, make my own stuff, and the colossal waste of resources to get that platinum kill has never been worth it to me, unless it is some quest that has a reward I badly want.

I have some lovely armor, made myself at forge or in my port, that has gotten me quite nicely to a slayer master cape.

When I've trained Necro to 99, then someday 120, with both rituals and combat, it would be nice to have the ability to wear and use gear better than 60.

Without being forced to start a whole new skill (bossing) that has never interested me.

Keep measuring those kill sticks, lol

05-Sep-2023 03:25:50

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Crone924, you are completing missing the point an online game with almost 350 million registered players isn't designed with 350 million different ways each for 1 of these 350 million registered players.

I made it extremely clear with Elvarg and Dragon Slayer already. If you have no interest in killing elvarg, you don't have to care with them, but just don't complain you are locked out for most key content.

05-Sep-2023 04:01:32

Crone924
Sep Member 2006

Crone924

no hon, you didn't.
Elvarg has nothing to do with it, and I killed him years ago. (maybe before you were born--lol)

Not complaining being "locked out for most key content" (you really do have either a reading comprehension problem, or a focus issue).

Complaining that earning levels is not commensurate with ability to use gear unless one decides to participate in the arbitrarily forced content of bossing.

I don't do combat for the sake of it, because that is wasteful and tedious (to me). And having to boss to wear lvl 70 gear is a bit different than having to have say, 60 defense to wear dragon.

05-Sep-2023 04:45:53

Lameclod
May Member 2012

Lameclod

Posts: 635 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree 100% with the OP.

I started this Character in Feb 2001.

I DONT BOSS.

I CANT BOSS.

On my next Birthday (if I live that long) I will be 72 years old.

LVL 90 equipment would make getting Lvl 99 and Lvl 120 easier and EQUITABLE and INCLUSIVE with those that CAN and ENJOY Bossing.

What exactly makes Necromancy different than the other combat styles that only require a certain level to use?

If Andrew and Paul FORCED every Player player to be able To make rune weapons and armor
this game would have gone under years ago.

Questions for the bossing crowd:

1. Should Jagex Require lvl 90 smithing and crafting to make and use Lvl 90 combat equipment as well kill bosses? IF NO WHY NOT?

2. Exactly How does allowing non bossers to get T90 items another way that doesnt include bossing HURT bossers? We are NO competition to you at all.

3. Who benefits from the sale of t95 items?

4. Who needs to buy t90 items if you cant wear them unless you have already made them?

I really hope the new owners of Jagex poll the players before they buy Runescape. If its an American company There just might be an ADA lawsuit in their future .

12-Sep-2023 18:21:37

Crone924
Sep Member 2006

Crone924

Lameclod, someone made the point earlier that "catering" to non-bossers is moot when content developers...cater to bossers.

The bossing requirement to me is forced content.

It is not commensurate with the age-old requirements to have a certain level defense/attack to wear a level of armor. In fact, it negates that in a rather insulting way by refusing the ability to wear gear that you must ALREADY have achieved the skill level to even begin to make the materials to create.

It is an arbitrary and exclusionary addition to Kili's tasks. I don't mind filling a soul urn with X necromancy kills; I've been glad to try to keep my combat training somewhat on par with my ritual training to learn to use the combat skill.

I don't mind baking the pies.

I very much mind "you will never have the gear you have the levels for", and the repeat by some that "if you don't boss, you don't need lvl 90 gear" is not only ignorant, but aggressively obnoxious in a game sold on being able to choose how you play and level.

Your point on being required to have 90 smith etc is spot on.

It does not hurt bossers a bit to NOT force others to boss.

Except perhaps those who have a griefer bone.

12-Sep-2023 19:45:56

Killashandra
Dec Member 2005

Killashandra

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Crone924 and Lameclod.

The problem we have is that Jagex pander to bossing PvMers all the time.

At one point (until they finally realised that they were alienating the majority of their players), they pandered to the player killers as well and went all out trying to make them happy with changes to the wildy. On realising that it was only a very vocal but very small minority that wanted the wildy to remain dangerous for all players, they changed it.

It's about time that they realised that the majority of players don't boss, don't want to boss, and, in some cases like me, can't boss. So they've stopped me from playing the way I want to while still achieving things that should be achievable.

There are always those players (we all know who they are) who will insist that bossing is easy, that we should just suck it up and do it, or that we should just accept not being able to wear t90 armour even when we are at lvl 120. A ridiculous situation that seems to have escaped Jagex when developing the skill. I can only assume because the developers do a lot of bossing and the players they invite to test things out are of the same ilk.

If the tasks had been along the lines of get x number of points which could be done slowly with ordinary pvm or faster with bossing, then I could have accepted that but not this idiotic idea of 'kill high level bosses in order to wear high level armour'. Not sure who thought of that but they might want to speak to skillers rather than bossers next time!

13-Sep-2023 12:51:46

Crone924
Sep Member 2006

Crone924

Killashandra, agree, agree, agree!

The wild has been a mess for years, but the original version I encountered made sense; yes, it could be exploited, but you took calculated risk as a PERSONAL playing decision to go there or not.

The monsters encountered with the free range revenants update may have made it safer for younger players who(se parents) cried when they were lured/killed by PKers, but made it a mess overall IMO, and now of course those who want to play with revenants can do so in a specific area. Fine by me, but the current version of the Wild (while I very much appreciate having a choice to not be killed when penguin hunting, lol) is perhaps my least favorite attempt at "balancing" the Wild: the monsters are huge, horrible, and ubiquitous, so I REALLY seldom go now, lol!

Was that a payment to the combat junkies, who, in being deprived of their ability to pwn other players, got tossed the bone of at least being able to watch lots of them die? One wonders.

On a lark, I began looking up commenters in this thread in the HiScores, and found it interesting, but not necessarily surprising, to see that some of the people most vocal about others "not needing" combat gear, or the game not being designed for old people or people with differing needs, are nowhere near as highly ranked as Lameclod, and I suspect some are not as old as his membership. But that is often the case with online communities--some of the most obnoxious members are either stuck at an adolescent development stage, or are actual adolescents.

I hope Jagex (and whatever new owner) pauses a moment and listens to those who have been their customers for ten, fifteen, twenty years, such as Lameclod. If they are going to continue to sell the game as one in which you choose how to play, there have to be...CHOICES. And not simply to choose not to play, as some of the bossing griefers seemingly advocate.

13-Sep-2023 20:19:07

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258 Back to Top