Forums

Necromancy armor

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
its great u like this game and choose to play it at an older age, but you cant expect content to be tailored to you because of it

And yet those who enjoy bossing expect content to be tailored to them...
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

22-Aug-2023 11:13:22

Rejna
Jan Member 2013

Rejna

Posts: 196 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
its great u like this game and choose to play it at an older age, but you cant expect content to be tailored to you because of it

That was exactly my thought!
My second maxed char in Runescape. Played since 2001 :)

23-Aug-2023 00:35:26

Mr Brushie

Mr Brushie

Posts: 1,161 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How about this?

Instead of the current requirements to get the armor, why not offer an alternative?

Say....after 500 Hermod kills, there starts to be an increasing chance of him dropping something we randomly need from the list?

Just a thought.

23-Aug-2023 05:58:41

y888max
Feb Member 2023

y888max

Posts: 140 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fully with you here. They need to give a way to get round these tasks without the boss fights. I don’t care for the comments about you need to learn to boss, for some people it’s not practical to boss (mobile users)

I also think the point of normal mode is to allow for trading of items. Unless you go down the route of Zuk capes which I am not sure I will ever get as that is a requirement. They should make the armour and weapons in necromancy un tradable otherwise. For those that say learn to boss I hope you are fully self sufficient in gathering all the supplies required to boss. Or do you do the easy route and head to the GE and buy the supplies.

Given we are now 2 weeks in I’d like to think they would accommodate those that don’t want to fight to unlock the requirements.

23-Aug-2023 11:28:21

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,082 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There will be no demand for the armours and weapons I don't understand why you should have to complete random tasks to wield armours and weapons should just need the levels imo. For example the t90 weapon set is around 10m right now because you are required to make it to wield it crashing their prices. I need my blue charms back.

23-Aug-2023 13:13:21

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

You get better experience skilling Necromancy vs using it in combat. I do not agree.

29-Aug-2023 17:19:47

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you can buy and wear first necromancer gear

Not at OP's necromancy level, duh, so save the smartass remarks please.

This renewed attempt by Jagex to force as many players as possible into bossing whether they want to or not is definitely NOT welcome.

It risks alienating many casual players, as well as those who lack the reflexes, concentration or just interest in bossing - particularly those who are older, or who have cognitive disabilities.

Check that OP has leveled, he is 104 Necromancy now. :)

29-Aug-2023 18:51:40

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We need story mode versions of all the bosses that don't have one currently that are required for necro armor and change story mode bosses to work for the power armor tasks, then players who don't boss can get their gear upgrades.

31-Aug-2023 09:12:26

Crone924
Sep Member 2006

Crone924

Posts: 217 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
another granny here, and must say I agree with several points on both sides of the issue.

*yes, achievements need to be unlocked, and worthy achievements are worth the time, effort, and resources IF you want the unlock bad enough (i.e. the value over price to YOU is worth it).

*that said, forced content always falls flat, and the "need" to boss in order to have armor commensurate with the level you have already earned is clumsily forced content.

I remember feeling this when dung launched--it is not a skill; but to be good at it and level it efficiently, you need to be skilled! OR: be part of a team.

It always struck me as elevating a minigame in order to force ersatz "community".
I am closing in on 115 dung, and have always soloed, and never left the frozen floors. I only do it because I "have to" to have some of the things I like.

I like the new skill, and am enjoying the style of combat, but may never have tier 70 gear because I don't boss, never have, and don't know if I ever will.

The game has always been sold on the player choosing how they will play, and that is what makes it great.

I can understand beta testing new combat skills with (surprise!) combat junkies, but perhaps get some skillers and others on board too?

If you've earned the level (through ritual or combat focused training), and have to make all the resources to upgrade (very much enjoying the levels gained just from that), why tack on arbitrary defeat of Jad, Nex, whatever?

"You WILL learn bossing, to get back these nice things you ALREADY earned by being maxed before, like entrance to the guild tower, and your capes, and so on." ("Because!", they explained. lol)

yes, why not have an alternative? Instead of fight caves, or whoever the biggest baddest 700+ is, why not 2000 level 120s?

The forced content of "btw, you will boss" may be a nope for a lot of people.

31-Aug-2023 15:26:44 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2023 15:29:28 by Crone924

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258 Back to Top