Forums

Necromancy armor

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.

I like the new skill, and am enjoying the style of combat, but may never have tier 70 gear because I don't boss, never have, and don't know if I ever will.

The game has always been sold on the player choosing how they will play, and that is what makes it great.

I can understand beta testing new combat skills with (surprise!) combat junkies, but perhaps get some skillers and others on board too?

If you've earned the level (through ritual or combat focused training), and have to make all the resources to upgrade (very much enjoying the levels gained just from that), why tack on arbitrary defeat of Jad, Nex, whatever?

You only need to kill the 2005 Barrow Brothers once each to get T70 Necromancy gear. They are the easiest "bosses' in case if you haven't tried it, far easier than even Jad.

If you have played any Runescape franchise games since 2001, you should know there are/were certain "forced to kill bosses" content. We had to kill Jad and other bosses to progress back then and why would it be a problem now?

02-Sep-2023 17:34:01 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2023 18:06:33 by Dilbert2001

Crone924
Sep Member 2006

Crone924

Posts: 217 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said: "You only need to kill the 2005 Barrow Brothers once each to get T70 Necromancy gear. They are the easiest "bosses' in case if you haven't tried it, far easier than even Jad.

If you have played any Runescape franchise games since 2001, you should know there are/were certain "forced to kill bosses" content. We had to kill Jad and other bosses to progress back then and why would it be a problem now?"

I've been a member for over 15 years, and never done Barrows, nor GWD, nor any boss. I had a friend about 10 years ago that loved Pest Control, so I would go with them sometimes, but to keep them company, not because it appealed to me. Played Castle Wars once, with same friend. Not my thing. Tried fight caves years ago to earn tokkul, and thought "...why?" I play zero Tzhaar content now, haven't in years. Tried it out again after they reworked that whole part of the world, but no, no spark for me. I have never HAD to kill Jad, so perhaps we have differing ideas of progress?

Combat for the sake of combat is not why I play, and I agree with the person far upthread that noted the toxicity of some pursuit of "accomplishment"; if your favorite is killing ever bigger monsters, more power to you.

Tacking boss requirements on is forced content, and a different one than "do this new quest to unlock this new thing." This is "do this old boss or this old minigame to be able to use the weapons you already earned the levels to make."

Perhaps some day I will, but rather than make the new skill more appealing, it makes it less, to me. Having been here this long, if I was interested in bossing, I'd have bossed, lol.

Nope.

03-Sep-2023 17:39:27 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2023 17:41:07 by Crone924

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
TY for telling us you didn't and don't want to do combat and you have been a member for over 15 years.

You didn't do GWD, let alone quests like The Light Within that require much harder combat , so you can't even make the lower tier Crystal equipment.

Thank you for telling us so, Necromancy is nothing new to complain if you choose not to do combat just like 2007 or 15 years ago when you became member. You just voluntarily locked yourself out of all progression that require combat the same way that "pure skillers" did.

03-Sep-2023 18:46:20 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2023 19:11:35 by Dilbert2001

Necrotising
Feb Member 2019

Necrotising

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said: "You only need to kill the 2005 Barrow Brothers once each to get T70 Necromancy gear. They are the easiest "bosses' in case if you haven't tried it, far easier than even Jad.

If you have played any Runescape franchise games since 2001, you should know there are/were certain "forced to kill bosses" content. We had to kill Jad and other bosses to progress back then and why would it be a problem now?"

I've been a member for over 15 years, *snip* I have never HAD to kill Jad, so perhaps we have differing ideas of progress?

Combat for the sake of combat is not why I play, and I agree with the person far upthread that noted the toxicity of some pursuit of "accomplishment"; if your favorite is killing ever bigger monsters, more power to you.

Tacking boss requirements on is forced content, and a different one than "do this new quest to unlock this new thing." This is "do this old boss or this old minigame to be able to use the weapons you already earned the levels to make."

Perhaps some day I will, but rather than make the new skill more appealing, it makes it less, to me. Having been here this long, if I was interested in bossing, I'd have bossed, lol.

Nope.

once more, if you dont do combat, you dont need combat gear.

fyi, barrows brothers are CONSIDERABLY weaker than all modern slayer monsters, probably about on a par with a nightmare creature, certainly weaker than an abyssal lord, any of the grove creatures, the phantoms etc

GWD 1 bosses are about the same difficulty as an abyssal lord, maybe slightly easier. There are not even really bosses anymore, just rather large slayer monsters, which can easily be afked.

And i dont mean afked as in "more or less afked with a bit of input" but monsters u can ACTUALLY walk away from the keyboard for 8 minutes, come back, and your still full health

go online, find a revo bar, go to gwqd1/barrows, and sit there like a lemon, eating when needed. yw

04-Sep-2023 09:05:11

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Don't get me into Runescape's first ever boss, Elvarg and the Dragon Slayer quest...

If you don't want to do combat, you won't able to complete Dragon Slayer and use lowly T60 Rune gear. The Gowers designed Runescape and subsequently all its variants now and in the future to be somewhat reliance on some sort of combat for major game progression. If you don't want to do slightly challenging combat and still expect completion of all major achievements, RSC/RS2/OSRS/RS3 and future Runescape franchise games are just not for you.

04-Sep-2023 16:18:44

Killashandra
Dec Member 2005

Killashandra

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know what it is with some players who can't stand that some of us want to fight normal monsters so want to get our combat levels up to max but don't want to fight hard bosses.

I totally agree with the players who are saying that putting armour behind strong bosses is unfair. You can't wear t80 and t90 necro amour unless you've bought the knowledge from Kili (please correct me if I'm wrong!) and you have to defeat high lvl bosses to do so. Why not allow us to buy our way to the best armour if we have the gp to do so? GWD2 bosses are beyond me to complete so t90 is never going to happen for me.

I have no idea why some players, who can do high level combat, are so dismissive of those of us who can't. I would like to have the better necro armour for slayer (120 slayer atm) but I've never done the harder bosses except in story mode because I just don't have the ability to do them.

Why is that so bad? Why would anyone want to stop someone else from achieving something via other means? Jagex provide puzzle skipping tickets to those players who can't do puzzles for clue scrolls - that's no different to allowing non-combat methods for getting high level armour and anyone who thinks differently is just being blinded by their own prejudices.

04-Sep-2023 16:57:52

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

I have no idea why some players, who can do
high level combat
, are so dismissive of those of us who can't. I would like to have the better necro armour for slayer (120 slayer atm) but I've never done the harder bosses except in story mode because I just don't have the ability to do them.

Don't you realize Barrows for maxed combat players (other than Necromancy) in 2023 are far, far, far easier than Elvarg with addy gear in 2001?

Go buy T95 Necromancy armour for your 120 slayer.

Jagex never provided Quest Skip tickets so we all have to kill Elvarg as the bare minimum for T60 Rune plate since 2001.

04-Sep-2023 17:08:20

Killashandra
Dec Member 2005

Killashandra

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

high level combat
, are so dismissive of those of us who can't. I would like to have the better necro armour for slayer (120 slayer atm) but I've never done the harder bosses except in story mode because I just don't have the ability to do them.

Don't you realize Barrows for maxed combat players (other than Necromancy) in 2023 are far, far, far easier than Elvarg with addy gear in 2001?

Jagex never provided Quest Skip tickets so we all have to kill Elvarg as the bare minimum for T60 Rune plate since 2001.

I didn't say anything about quest skip tickets but Jagex do provide skips for clue scroll puzzles. I don't use them because I can do all the puzzles but a lot of players do and I don't come on the forums telling them that puzzles are easy and just to get them done. However, players who like combat are always telling skillers that they just need to get better at it and 'do this' or 'do that'.

Perhaps you could try for a little bit of empathy rather than telling us all what we should do and how hard it was back in the day?

04-Sep-2023 17:19:52

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

high level combat

I didn't say anything about quest skip tickets but Jagex do provide skips for clue scroll puzzles. I don't use them because I can do all the puzzles but a lot of players do and I don't come on the forums telling them that puzzles are easy and just to get them done. However, players who like combat are always telling skillers that they just need to get better at it and 'do this' or 'do that'.

Perhaps you could try for a little bit of empathy rather than telling us all what we should do and how hard it was back in the day?

You didn't talk about skip tickets because you cherry-picked something you only want to talk about, but please read OP again. Nobody including OP talked about puzzles and skips.

OP and the other person I replied to complained about combat being too hard, and of course, me and the others are giving them the suggestions how to complete such tasks easily given they have already successfully completed much harder combat achievements like killing Elvarg in addy or lower tier armors.

04-Sep-2023 17:34:44

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258 Back to Top