Forums

Necromancy armor

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,205 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Tank armour does not need Nex kills but it has practice mode as does GWD where you can play around with no risk before you do the task.
Dying in full T80 Necromancy gear saving 3 items is 17507 coins which is less than the cost of 1 brew flask, 22 rocktails, or 5 super restore (4). Protection prayer and it's 12214 coins.

People really shouldn't bother with practice mode.

It's more of a psychological issue for people who do not like bossing and not always about the money. You remove the worry about dying and just focus on the boss.

19-Aug-2023 16:55:34

Oldkstater
Jun Member 2010

Oldkstater

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex is adding new top-end monsters because the demand is there. There are a lot of high-level players (I am not one of them) who really like bossing in groups, and have worked most of the fun out of the rest of RS. I know I will never be one of those (I will probably before I get anywhere close to max (I am 73 now). and play for enjoyment and have for 17 years. OldKStater

20-Aug-2023 07:21:03

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Posts: 2,725 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tank armour does not need Nex kills but it has practice mode as does GWD where you can play around with no risk before you do the task.
Dying in full T80 Necromancy gear saving 3 items is 17507 coins which is less than the cost of 1 brew flask, 22 rocktails, or 5 super restore (4). Protection prayer and it's 12214 coins.

It's more of a psychological issue for people who do not like bossing and not always about the money. You remove the worry about dying and just focus on the boss.
Regardless you shouldn't be advocating people should waste their time.

20-Aug-2023 22:03:21

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

You lose more than you think when you die. Practice mode has far more advantages than dying other than just saving some death cost.

When you die, you go to Death's Office. You definitely lose precious minutes. You then lose familiar and buffs. It is really pain in the neck.

20-Aug-2023 23:29:14

Necrotising
Feb Member 2019

Necrotising

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

You lose more than you think when you die. Practice mode has far more advantages than dying other than just saving some death cost.

When you die, you go to Death's Office. You definitely lose precious minutes. You then lose familiar and buffs. It is really pain in the neck.

that's why u initially learn with low death cost and no famil. i learnt rax back in the day in black dhide, phoenix necklace, ring of life, and a pack of monkfish. Took me forever to get that kill, but once i did, i put my proper gear on, and ripped through him like turpentine through a sick donkey

21-Aug-2023 09:47:13

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex is adding new top-end monsters because the demand is there. There are a lot of high-level players (I am not one of them) who really like bossing in groups, and have worked most of the fun out of the rest of RS. I know I will never be one of those (I will probably before I get anywhere close to max (I am 73 now). and play for enjoyment and have for 17 years.

What ruined the fun of the game is capescape. People whine because they cannot wear elite capes because they do not want to do the stuff to earn them. You play the game with what makes you happy. Not expecting to get rewards without working for them. To be honest, I love bossing. I am not really that good. But it feels awesome when I finally managed to gain good strategy to be able to beat that boss easily. I haven't really done it in years. But I remember the old days of doing Armadyl with rune cbows. As the armor and combat styles progress, the bosses need to get harder to make a more interesting challenge. It is boring to keep fighting the same thing, which becomes totally easy. To me anyway. I am not really progressing that fast with Nec. I am presently level 85. But I will know it will not be long before I am 99 and can wear my humble Max Cape again. I won't be maxed combat. But if I progress further in Nec I will be max combat again. But to be honest folks, just play the game to have fun. It is a game. Not a place to brag and show off. There are some players who make the game totally toxic. These are the ones ruining the game for the rest of us.

Btw, I love the instance system. That way a person can learn a boss without being crashed by an obnoxious toxic player who thinks they are totally awesome. Or being made fun of because you are not the best at fighting.

21-Aug-2023 13:16:04 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2023 13:20:50 by CaptKoloth

Rejna
Jan Member 2013

Rejna

Posts: 196 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you can buy and wear first necromancer gear

Not at OP's necromancy level, duh, so save the smartass remarks please.

This renewed attempt by Jagex to force as many players as possible into bossing whether they want to or not is definitely NOT welcome.

It risks alienating many casual players, as well as those who lack the reflexes, concentration or just interest in bossing - particularly those who are older, or who have cognitive disabilities.

This is me! I have avoided bossing and fighting higher-level bosses since I started this game 22 years ago. I have fought bosses if it has been quest-related, but at a cost: I have to take extra medicines, rest for long period at times after a boss fight, and struggles with extreme fatigue after a long and mentally straining quest! Not all of us are young, with agile fingers and a hyper-aware brain! I have, nonetheless, managed to gain level 99 necro, and upgraded my equipment to T90! *Feels proud* I killed a bunch of bosses and generals and didn't die once! I am not well though, after these two weeks. The upgrading of the equipment is like the darned quest "A small favor" on meth!!!!

Please Jagex; There are so many of us that are 55+ in age. Please consider us, when you add new content to the game. I have hundreds of friends on my list, all above 40! Many near 70!! I my self are a grandma!
My second maxed char in Runescape. Played since 2001 :)

21-Aug-2023 16:20:43

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

that's why u initially learn with low death cost and no famil. i learnt rax back in the day in black dhide, phoenix necklace, ring of life, and a pack of monkfish. Took me forever to get that kill, but once i did, i put my proper gear on, and ripped through him like turpentine through a sick donkey

Contrary to what you think, practice mode is also one of the best ways for new and returning players to RS3 for testing out Summoning, and of course the "class style" Necromancy summoner abilities.

You also lose temporary buffs and precious minutes from going back to the instance when you die too. Dying may be cheaper now, but it is always not fun and tedious.

21-Aug-2023 16:55:07

Necrotising
Feb Member 2019

Necrotising

"You also lose temporary buffs and precious minutes from going back to the instance when you die too. Dying may be cheaper now, but it is always not fun and tedious."

minutes? its about 5-6 seconds in death, 2 seconds tele back, click bank click preset, 2-3 seconds, dive, surge, click portal, 3 seconds, and your back and up in 15 seconds with a fresh preset

when fighting a long boss, so you use up half your supplies then die, and spawn back at the boss portal with a half empty pack ,and still have to tele back wars anyway to refill your preset, meaning no time wasted by doing it normally

want to know what is time wasted? finally succeeding and getting no drops.

i got spider leg first time i killed rax, id not have got that on practice mode

22-Aug-2023 09:52:55 - Last edited on 22-Aug-2023 09:54:17 by Necrotising

Necrotising
Feb Member 2019

Necrotising

you can buy and wear first necromancer gear

Not at OP's necromancy level, duh, so save the smartass remarks please.

This renewed attempt by Jagex to force as many players as possible into bossing whether they want to or not is definitely NOT welcome.

It risks alienating many casual players, as well as those who lack the reflexes, concentration or just interest in bossing - particularly those who are older, or who have cognitive disabilities.

This is me! I have avoided bossing and fighting higher-level bosses since I started this game 22 years ago. I have fought bosses if it has been quest-related, but at a cost: I have to take extra medicines, rest for long period at times after a boss fight, and struggles with extreme fatigue after a long and mentally straining quest! Not all of us are young, with agile fingers and a hyper-aware brain! I have, nonetheless, managed to gain level 99 necro, and upgraded my equipment to T90! *Feels proud* I killed a bunch of bosses and generals and didn't die once! I am not well though, after these two weeks. The upgrading of the equipment is like the darned quest "A small favor" on meth!!!!

Please Jagex; There are so many of us that are 55+ in age. Please consider us, when you add new content to the game. I have hundreds of friends on my list, all above 40! Many near 70!! I my self are a grandma!

its great u like this game and choose to play it at an older age, but you cant expect content to be tailored to you because of it

22-Aug-2023 09:55:03

Quick find code: 74-75-366-66287258 Back to Top