Forums

A Path Through the Skies [RP]

Quick find code: 49-50-996-65929696

Inferi

Inferi

Posts: 35,939 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The one by the window would match the description of the author that Cooke was looking for.

The only other individual in the lounge was a young teenage girl, who had only just entered and had been, up until that point, in the top deck, looking out from the dome up there.

As per the request of the Captain from earlier, a single attendant stood at each of the three doors on the third deck to stop anyone from going outside. The doors were bolted as well, but since those could be undone they were there simply to make sure no accidents happened.

All in all, the interior of the vessel was quite peaceful even with the storm raging outside. It was a testament to the engineers that had designed the vessel, and certainly better than the experiences that those on the first passenger airliners had experienced when in stormy situations like this.
Done in by the dubious doings of destiny.

22-Jul-2017 00:27:28

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Black Benjamin

A storm, and wind turbulence, should be good.

A young teen-aged girl entered the lounge, and shortly afterwards, so did ''Black'' Benjamin Carter, smoking a cigar, but casually walking around. Chances are, his face-paint and unusual attire would not spark any trouble. Black Benjamin took his seat somewhere vague and open, maybe sitting nearby others, maybe not. He was just careful enough to not get in anyone's way.

Ben just sat at the lounge, big cigar in the side of his mouth, and he sipping brandy, while the bottle sat innocently atop the table. If the airship's rocking was significant, hopefully the bottle of brandy would not slide off the edge. Hopefully, that would be the case, because it sure would take skill to smoke and drink at the same time, and not lose your alcohol.

Cards clicked and slipped from fingers, but Ben did not really care, deciding to not pay any attention to anyone. Too bad the gambling young woman did not pay more attention to her drink. It was not common to find young women gambling with cards.

Overall, nothing seemed to happen, at least not here. If there was something severely important going on, Black Ben seemed to have missed it, so far.

22-Jul-2017 01:40:16

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie sat in her chair as the ship started to shake from the storm. All this shaking was making her really nervous that they will crash. She started to take deep breaths and slowly out to keep her calm. She decided to read a book to keep her mind occupied. She can't wait to see her father. -Dances-

23-Jul-2017 04:54:09

Fysyx

Fysyx

Posts: 2,042 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cooke was broken from his rest by the crashing of the rain against his cabin's window. Lifting his hat from his eyes, Cooke sat up on his little cot to get a better view. Dark clouds, crashing thunder, and a thick pane of glass traced with streaks of water streaming off it. The view alone was worth what he had paid for the fare, and he still had business to conduct. Business that was getting harder, now that the harsher weather would send most passengers back to their seats. It wouldn't matter. Cooke always found who he was looking for, even if it took a while. He always had a knack for it. As he prepared to go on the hunt, he grabbed for his gun underneath his pillow but remembered that it had been taken upon embarking. He bristled at the thought. A man shouldn't be without his gun; one of the worst feelings in the world is the ache of an empty gun belt. Though it wasn't the kind of place he would need to draw it, he would miss it just the same, and would miss the familiar weight in his holster. With that, he adjusted his hat and left the cabin as an flash of lightning arced across the window.

His first location to inspect: the lobby, searching for two people. The first, Gareth Arenar Junior, the son of a prominent military leader who had fought a figure known as the Blade Dancer, and second, the reporter-turned-novelist Talia Silvandros. Cooke had heard from some of his reputable sources that both the people he was looking for would be on this flight. Together, they might be able to grant him a small insight into his main target, the mysterious Prismatic Storm, though it was admittedly a long shot. Sometimes long shots are the only ones you can take.
404 SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

25-Jul-2017 10:45:03

Fysyx

Fysyx

From one of the side doors, Cooke entered the lobby. There were surprisingly few people out and about. If the right people weren't out and about, he would probably have to do a little digging around to find them. Maybe the light snooze hadn't been so prudent. Luckily, he recognized one of his right people, the novelist, sitting alone at the window. Approaching, he tipped his hat at the woman and joined her at the opposite chair.

“Excuse me ma'am, but aren't you Talia Silvandros? I liked that last book you wrote.” Only a half truth. He did like the book, but he hadn't read it. What he liked about it was that he might be able to get a conversation started, even if she could recognize that he hadn't actually read it.
404 SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

25-Jul-2017 10:45:25

Inferi

Inferi

Glancing up in a bit of surprise, as it seemed like her attention had been focused more on the window than it had seemed, Talia looked as though she wasn’t quite sure what to say for a moment. Whether it was because she hadn’t been expecting anyone to come talk to her, or if she was lost in thought, or maybe had a bit too much to drink, it wasn’t clear, but the fact that she was trying to gather thoughts together was quite clear. That went away soon enough, but should Cooke actually care it might make it feel just slightly awkward.

Fortunately, she didn’t seem to mind, at least if the way she spoke was any indication.

Really? That’s probably my least favorite. Not bad, sure, but not nearly as good as either of the two before it.
” she said. If she was joking, it certainly didn’t sound like it, and even less so when she continued with, “
But yeah, that’s me, and although I’d love to start rambling on about the finer points of what I wrote I should probably make sure of something first. Are you here for that, or should I stifle the talk most people don’t care about hearing?
"

25-Jul-2017 21:02:24 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2017 21:02:51 by Inferi

Fysyx

Fysyx

Cooke smirked at that. This Talia woman was shrewd. “As it sounds you wouldn't mind, I'd rather we skip the pleasantries. I'm looking for someone, someone you know better than most, though that doesn't take much.” Instantly, the smile was gone, and he made sure to get a solid look into her eyes. “I'm looking for Ms. Prismatic Storm.”

Easing a little with a lean back in his chair, Cooke lazily gesturing to the bottle on the table. “And would you mind if I poured myself a drink? I feel like we could probably both need one shortly.”
404 SIGNATURE NOT FOUND

26-Jul-2017 06:46:41

Inferi

Inferi

"
Technically, it's 'The Prismatic Storm'. I don't know her real name, but it certainly isn't that.
" Talia replied. Although the pleasant smile remained on her face, her eyes held a bit more. Cooke could see...sadness? That lasted for the briefest of moments, being replaced with something else - interest, or perhaps excitement - which remained as she kept talking.

"
It's interesting, really. Most people just read what I wrote, which contains only a very small amount of her story.
" she continued, her voice animating more than it had been before. "
I expect you just want the uninteresting bits like the other few people who have sought me out for that, but I would just like to preface it with saying that her story is more interesting to me than anything I can write.
"

"
Oh, and if you want an actual drink, I'd give him a shout.
"

She motioned to the bartender before adding, "
This isn't alcoholic. I don't drink the stuff. Now, what do you want to know?
"

26-Jul-2017 20:35:17 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2017 20:36:07 by Inferi

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie decided to get out of her seat to get some soda to make her stomach feel better because she was nauseous from the storm. She walked up to the bar and ordered a coca-Cola soda. The bar tender gave the soda and paid for it. Then she took some sips of it and listening to the conversations around her. -Dances-

27-Jul-2017 02:18:42

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Black Benjamin – Lounge

Not much was going on. There was some gambling, talking, and not much else. It seemed some guy from some place was talking about books and some sort of storm—how boring! Ben looked to the side, and saw a girl order a drink. The wind turbulence seemed to be the only thing doing anything.

With nothing to do, but having a feeling something was not right, Ben stood up from his seat. He clasped his hands behind his back, and walked around casually, minding his own business, thinking about things, and slowly smoking his cigar with his head low. Things just did not feel right for some reason, or maybe it was just the turbulence making him a little paranoid? Eh, whatever.

27-Jul-2017 03:30:22

Quick find code: 49-50-996-65929696 Back to Top