Forums

† Koshei the Deathless †

Quick find code: 49-50-741-60535019

Elitemage14

Elitemage14

Posts: 12,429 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've written a couple of other stories, namely Noble Noob, In Bad Company, Caught in the Crossfire, Balance of Power, and Straightjacket.

I did just check, and apparently one of the bodyguards to Kree'arra is named "Wingman Skree". Definitely a similarity between those two names, although that was completely unintentional, and Skrae has absolutely no connection to Skree.

I think I might go back and try to change Skrae's name a little bit to avoid such confusion. In case anyone is wondering, I'm pronouncing his name as "Skray". Like the word "stray", but with a 'k'.

21-Jul-2010 20:32:55 - Last edited on 21-Jul-2010 20:33:30 by Elitemage14

Elitemage14

Elitemage14

As Skrae came upon the main gate to Rellekka, two guards posted outside drew their weapons and approached him.
"Halt!" the first guard said. "Please remove your cloak and state your business in Rellekka."
The guard lived less than three seconds. Skrae threw off his cloak, and the guard caught a nightmarish glimpse of a long, vulturelike face with burning coals in the sunken pits of his eyes before his throat was ripped out.
The second guard tried to scream, but his voice was frozen. The last thing he remembered was an arm covered in scales reaching for him. And teeth.

Scrae tossed the body to the ground, and a ball of red burning energy began forming around his fist. He directed it towards the main gate, which exploded inwards in a fiery displays of charred timber. The entire town grew silent as Scrae stepped through the heavy smoke and into the bright day.
"Koshei, I know you're here!" he screeched and sent another ball of energy into the nearest group of onlookers. Bodies flew from the epicenter of the crowd like ragdolls, blood and pieces of limbs sprinkling the air. Scrae was laughing again, laughing uncontrollably as he watched panic grip the town and the citizens run away for their lives. Several warriors ran forward to stop him, but he cleaved them all in half and then took a deep breathe inwards. He exhaled, flames spewing from his mouth and spreading across the nearest house.
"Koshei, come out and fight, or I'll burn it all to the ground!" he yelled. He was about to destroy the next group of homes when someone caught his eye, a young woman with a piece of timber trapping her broken leg to the ground.
"What have we here," he whispered, crouching down next to her, his eyes drawn to the large bulb of her pregnant belly.

21-Jul-2010 21:51:35

Elitemage14

Elitemage14

The woman was frozen like a statue. She was too afraid to even breathe as Skrae gently drew his claw over the outline of her stomach, feeling the life growing inside of it.
"Don't you dare go into shock. And don't you dare go unconscious on me! I want you awake to see this!" he roared. "Oh, we've got a real delicacy here!"
The instant before Skrae could act, a javelin pierced through the air and dug into the scales around his right shoulder. The natural armor stopped the sharp tip from going deep, but the impact of the blow drove Skrae's feet out from under him. His body jerked, flying backwards nearly ten feet before landing hard against the heavy timber exterior of a nearby house.
Skrae pulled the sharp tip of the javelin from his skin, a few droplets of orange blood trickling from the wound. He didn't recognize his opponent at first. A steel cuirass covered his muscular torso, and he wore a horned helmet on his head that hid most of his features. There was a heavy brass shield in his left arm, and with his right he lifted up and carried the pregnant woman off to safety. Across his back was a steel broadsword that was beyond massive. It had been custom made with a length of nearly five feet and a weight of over two stones. There was only one man strong enough to wield a sword like that.
"Koshei!"

21-Jul-2010 21:51:46

Elitemage14

Elitemage14

We have a winner! Skrae is indeed a Dragonkin, making you my new favorite reader for the day! Who knows, maybe at some point in the story I might even name a very minor character George Rozas to immortalize your victory.

24-Jul-2010 04:11:21 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2010 04:12:27 by Elitemage14

Quick find code: 49-50-741-60535019 Back to Top