Forums

† Koshei the Deathless †

Quick find code: 49-50-741-60535019

Elitemage14

Elitemage14

Posts: 12,429 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Yes!" Skrae screamed. "Finally! I've been waiting so long for this moment! And here you are, alive, and already dressed for battle!"
"What are you, and what are you doing here?" Koshei commanded as he gazed over his enemy. The first thing that jumped out at him about Skrae was his left arm: it was a stub that looked to have been cut off from the elbow down.
Skrae looked at him, puzzled. "Who am I? Don't tell me you've forgotten this beautiful face," he cackled. "Although I don't blame you. How long has it been since I last saw you? Three thousand years?"
"Three thousand years?" whispered Koshei. "What happened to your arm? Did I do that to you?"
"Ah, starting to get a little bit of your memory back now? Yes, you were the one who cut off my arm. But that's not that only scar you've left me with!" he yelled, pointing an accusing finger at him. "You've hunted and killed my kin for too long. It's because of people like you that I was forced away into hiding, but no more! The time of the Ritual of Rejuvenation is nearly upon us! And when that time comes, the age of the humans shall end! The Dragonkin shall rise up, and the destruction will be unlike anything these lands have ever seen!" Skrae raised his arm and fired a bolt of fiery blue energy at his opponent.
Koshei just managed to roll out of the way in time, and he could still feel the heat in the air from the attack. Koshei drew a javelin, planted his foot, and hurled it at his opponent with all his might. His hand bolted to the sword on his back the instant the javelin left his hand and he charged the Dragonkin, closing in for the kill.
Skrae slid to the left, narrowly avoiding the projectile. A moment later Koshei was there, his massive sword weaving an overhead arc directly towards him.

30-Jul-2010 06:49:44 - Last edited on 30-Jul-2010 06:51:54 by Elitemage14

Elitemage14

Elitemage14

Koshei's reactions were quick, but Skrae was even faster. His arm was a blur, drawing a red sword and parrying Koshei's in one fluid motion. Koshei continued to press the attack, stabbing, slashing, and hacking at the Dragonkin, but he deflected each blow with ease, despite the fact that Koshei's sword must have weighed nearly ten times what Skrae's did.
After another failed attack, Koshei stepped inward and swung his brass shield at the Dragonkin's head. Skrae ducked, spun around, and delivered his taloned foot into the center of the Fremmenik warrior's cuirass. Koshei flew backwards, with his steel armor crumpled inwards from the blow and the wind knocked out from his lungs.
Before he could get his feet back under him, a fist-sized bullet of energy struck his body, bursting outward in an inferno of flames. His body was sent skidding across the ground. He looked down and saw his armor was red hot and melting where he had been hit. He tore open the platebody like it was cotten and tossed the useless armor to the ground.
"You disappoint me, Koshei," the Dragonkin said, holding up his sword to the sunlight. The dragonite blade was completely unscathed, a farcry from Koshei's that was already riddled with scars and small chips in the metal. "I wasn't expecting much from you after you'd been frozen at the bottom of the sea for so long, but I never thought you'd be *this* pitiful. What happened to you? Has this short time with the humans already made you so weak?"
"What are you talking about, 'made me weak'?" Koshei grunted, trying to catch his breathe.
"You heard me. You've grown soft. What happened to that hate and burning anger in your eyes? What happened to the man whose lust for blood was almost as great as mine? What happened to Koshei the Deathless, the heretic from the Godwars who fell countless thousands upon his blade?"

30-Jul-2010 06:49:52 - Last edited on 30-Jul-2010 06:53:54 by Elitemage14

Elitemage14

Elitemage14

"Do you know how long I've waited for this moment, Koshei, waited to do battle against you once more?" he screeched. "The two of us were supposed to go at it with everything we have, and after the battle is over only the strongest of us will emerge victorious, and that person will be me! And after I've defeated you, I will eat the flesh from your bones while your heart is still beating.
"I have waited so many centuries for a worthy opponent, for someone that can finally challenge me. But so far you can barely even stand up before my power. What are you waiting for? Hate me with every bone in your body, just like I hate you! Hit me, stab me, make me bleed! Hurt me! The day is so young, and the fun is only just beginning! Isn't that right, my pet?"
A portal opened up in the sky above Skrae and a creature began to emerge. The creature was gargantuan, coming it at nearly twenty-five feet tall and weighing over ten tons. It had black scales, wings the size of a ship's sails, and three heads, each roaring in bloodlust. Even to Koshei this fabled creature was unmistakable as the King Black Dragon itself.

30-Jul-2010 06:50:09 - Last edited on 30-Jul-2010 06:55:10 by Elitemage14

Quick find code: 49-50-741-60535019 Back to Top