Forums

RS Story Contest - Survivor 2

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305

Venmi

Venmi

Posts: 14,744 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
iChuk: Yikes, what a twisted mother. There was definitely a lot going on in the story and crafted well enough to where it could fit the limit and give enough detail to paint a picture. I especially liked the addition of Gobb. It makes me want to know more about this strange man. You wouldn’t think a mother would be a killer—or worse, sacrifice her children—but it is also completely true in life, which is the scariest thought of all. Excellent job!

Polymath: This was an emotional entry for me, being a guy in love. Seeing the guy’s fingers being chopped off, then his head because the wife felt like her powers were condemned is something frightening. Unfortunately, it doesn’t target the theme exactly. This was more of a realization than a seemingly good character being evil or vice-a-versa. That doesn’t stop it from being a quality entry, though. Detail and choice of words were great. Fantastic!

Azigarth: Interesting. So the demons crucified the wrong man and let the guilty one go free. This was a pretty good entry, but why must it be noted that demons and dragons were enemies? There was no point in the entry where that was important. As for the relation to the theme, I question what character was the focus. If it was the demon, well that’s what demons do. They kill and betray human beings. I think you were using humans as the focus because why would they choose demons to crucify someone? Wouldn’t they do it themselves so they would get the right guy? Anyway, great job!

30-Sep-2011 15:49:43 - Last edited on 30-Sep-2011 17:40:44 by Venmi

Venmi

Venmi

Posts: 14,744 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One Bourbon: It’s definitely interesting getting into the life of an NPC within the game who has no name or no definite meaning. I enjoyed hearing what he had to say from the job in Al-Kharid to the tragedy of the Grand Exchange. The problem, though, is that it is a little too scripted if you get what I mean. Also, watch your grammar. The second sentence is a little funky, and you use commas way too much in the last sentence of the first paragraph. Nice entry!

Snowbuster: So a seemingly innocent child becomes evil. Classic. I was confused, though. Were both Viola and Spencer really dwarves or were they just really short humans? This does make a difference. There also isn’t really much of an answer as to how Viola got this way. I guess that is being left to interpretation. For example, I think she became that way because society is messed up and she wants to cleanse it. The detail in this entry was great, but the last sentence in the second paragraph really killed it. Announcing her change took out the surprise at the end, which is a shame. I did enjoy reading it, though, and nice job!

Aeraie: I love it! I am so against war and the military and politicians that this entry does nothing but makes me laugh. A unique entry that really doesn’t require a lot of detail, but enough is given to picture everything. I really have nothing more to say besides saying that I am pleased to picture Uncle Sam as a fat, lazy pacifist who got drafted into the military himself. Good! XD Excellent work, Aeraie.

30-Sep-2011 15:50:10

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305 Back to Top